The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she is the sort to have planned for this, and already have arrangements for who will take on her horses. Anne maybe? Or one of her friends in the racing world.

Her love for animals, especially horses and dogs, says a lot about her character I think. Animals are a good judge of it!
Zara too?

Reactions: 7
The Accession of the King is tomorrow. Rumoured it may well be televised, and many have never seen this (Or been alive when it had previously occurred). Charles will address the nation at 6pm tonight, live.
I’m not a particular royalist, but I do enjoy observing the goings on, and I’m interested to see the process and the formalities (coronation, funeral etc).
it is an interesting incident to live through. A historical moment.

Anywhere we can watch parliament
It’s on itv now live. Imagine also BBC

Reactions: 14
I really don’t like the prominence that people/media are placing on Harry, his comings and goings. He is a bit player not the story. I am not a fan of H but I don’t like this focus on him. Him leaving Balmoral was the top item on Mail online, and the King leaving was the second item. Press should be concentrating on the story not one they are trying to stir up. This is not the time.

Reactions: 27
Liz Truss sounds like she had a blocked nose and it’s awful to listen to

Footage of Charles arriving at Aberdeen now and boarding a plane

Reactions: 2
I really don’t like the prominence that people/media are placing on Harry, his comings and goings. He is a bit player not the story. I am not a fan of H but I don’t like this focus on him. Him leaving Balmoral was the top item on Mail online, and the King leaving was the second item. Press should be concentrating on the story not one they are trying to stir up. This is not the time.
Exactly this, it has a very gossipy tone and that feels disrespectful.

Reactions: 7
I've just seen a tweet from Kevin Maguire. Now, I don't expect anything different from him because he is not a Royalist (complete opposite) but this one struck me. He was having a go at Liz Truss for saying 'The Queen is dead. Long live The King.' He accused her of being disrespectful.

Had TQ been in position so long that people do not know that this expression is traditional? I suppose most people have never heard it, especially if you are not a royal follower.

Reactions: 18
Unfortunately the mail live and breathe for Harry and Meghan 🙄
The click bait generates millions for this rag alone, quite frankly I find the hatred towards this couple bizarre and troubling.

Reactions: 14
Isn't Liz Truss a republican? Just watching her now talking about the Crown enduring etc

Reactions: 3
I am not a royalist at all but even I have been struggling. Currently with my horses and the village church bells are going just behind me and I'm finding it so emotional. What the family are going through in the public eye is beyond comprehension.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Unfortunately the mail live and breathe for Harry and Meghan 🙄
The click bait generates millions for this rag alone, quite frankly I find the hatred towards this couple bizarre and troubling.
They put out umpteen articles and then complain huffily about the amount of coverage they get.
I think the only people keeping them in the news are the people who don’t want them to be in the news

Reactions: 4
I've just seen a tweet from Kevin Maguire. Now, I don't expect anything different from him because he is not a Royalist (complete opposite) but this one struck me. He was having a go at Liz Truss for saying 'The Queen is dead. Long live The King.' He accused her of being disrespectful.

Had TQ been in position so long that people do not know that this expression is traditional? I suppose most people have never heard it, especially if you are not a royal follower.
Not much of a journalist if he didn’t realise that is the traditional thing to say when a monarch passes. It just demonstrates the continuity of monarchy. I don’t like him, he’s too snide for me, his lips always curled in contempt.

Reactions: 15
Must be quite surreal for William, knowing that next time this happens, he’ll be King

Reactions: 18
Kier Starmer underwhelming for me too. Saying that, good to see the chamber united for once and they will all pay their own tribute .

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.