The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find this really sad only being 23 - I find it crazy that my kids won't be seeing the queens speech and for some reason that really gets to me. I also find it heart breaking that my nan - a dementia sufferer who adored the queen - sat and watched everything on the news without even understanding what was going on :( I just find this so strange and it really doesn't feel real :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I wanted to echo the people that said how much this thread helped yesterday. I’m still a blubbering mess this morning but having what was basically tea and a chat with like minded people yesterday afternoon was lovely, if you know what I mean?
I popped out this morning to get a paper to keep and also to see our village flag at half mast 😢 I live in a very small village with the church about 3 houses away so if they ring the bells today I’ll be finished off again.
Anyway I really wanted to just say thank you - you lovely lot 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 32
BBC just showed the Paddington clip again 😭
That was genius and introduced her to a new generation, they'll never forget that.
I think everyone who watched the jubilee knew that was the last time we'd see her on the balcony, it was so poignant but what a lovely goodbye. We're definitely very privileged.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
We are going to a live music show tomorrow as far as I'm aware is going ahead as you say life must carry on.
Oh okay, that's good then. But I'm hearing the football may be cancelled, which seems a bit extreme. I am a football fan so I hope it continues for selfish reasons

Reactions: 1
What a beautiful story - bought tears to my eyes reading this x
I have PTSD and know exactly the feeling he described. It’a terrifying and makes you feel so vulnerable. In that moment you can’t speak, you can’t even form a coherent thought.
To face that in front of the Queen must have been awful! The way she handled it was just perfect ❤❤❤

• Heart
I do remember this after the Grenfell fire, which was what the leader should have done. Theresa May was nowhere to be seen at the time. The Queen stepped up to the plate to do what our PM should have done.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Google has gone grey with a black ribbon.

Like others I really appreciated this thread yesterday. Thanks all ❤

• Heart
Just to echo others. I'm very grateful that i found tattle way back when.... It helps to 'share' your grief with others i think so thank you all

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Westminster abbey in the vaults alongside her husband and some other Kingsabd Queens
my eldest son was there. He says when they saw the flag being lowered there was just silence then a bloke said to him shall we start singing

Just had another cry on the sofa 😢 I didn’t know her but I feel like I miss her… is that strange? X
I know! I woke up remembered and had a tear :(

Reactions: 4
I’ve woken up today feeling really sad; I’m surprised by how sad I feel. I am a royalist through and through but I can’t say her passing was a great shock to me. I am just reminded of what a great woman she was. The photo montages of her are wonderful. She was a beautiful woman.

One thing that really clutched at my heart yesterday was seeing Prince William driving Edward, Sophie and Andrew into Balmoral. Im pretty sure they could’ve been driven in separate cars and by chauffeurs or whatever but seeing him do it was the mark of the man he is. I’m aware this might sound corny and I don’t think I’ve explained it well, but there you go.
You explained it perfectly, I too was touched by the photo of Prince William driving his Uncles to be with their Mother.

Reactions: 17
I walk dogs for a living and on the way back from my first job of the day - an elderly gentleman who I’m guessing is in his 70s, smiled and waved to me from across the road and said “what a sad day”. I crossed over to greet him and we were chatting for a good 10 minutes about our beloved Queen. He told me he’d lived in London all his life before moving to where he is today, and spoke about how he was there for Winston Churchills funeral and told me all about it (very interesting!). He spoke about how he feels our Queen never put a step wrong etc. He ended with “you’ll have to excuse me, I’m welling up again”, he crossed the road and headed back down his driveway with tears in his eyes 😢. Everyone I bumped into on our walk today seemed so somber and sad.

I know I keep repeating myself but I am genuinely so, so gutted. None of my friends seem to understand why I’m like this, I’m quite young (26) but very patriotic. I’m glad you all get it. Thanks Tattle for providing a safe space where I feel I’m not alone in my feelings. X

• Heart
Reactions: 42
It’s not a certainty, while they’re entitled to now use Prince and Princess as the grandchild of the monarch it doesn’t mean they will. Just look at Zara

Bit of a weird one here. Daughters school have messaged to say they’ll be holding a rememberance assembly this morning and then the children will be able to go into church and light a candle if they wish.
Part of me is glad they get to experience all this and how much different it could have been had the Queen passed in the midst of covid and all the lockdown regulations.
If they continue to live in the US we do not recognize titles. The girl? is an American citizen, American citizens do not have titles.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.