The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would be more interested to know if there was any conversation about their other grandchildren going up to Balmoral. We have to assume Louise and James didn’t go as they’d have been with Edward and Sophie but what about Peter, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie? I guess all going with partners it would then be quite a crowd showing up.
It was reported that Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie went up yesterday but I don’t know if it’s just them or spouses / children too, and if anyone else also went.

Reactions: 2
Me too, it’s excruciating 🙈 when she walked in it’s like she didn’t know whether to curtesy or bow and she ended up doing a weird formal squat 🤣 poor woman. Not a fan in the slightest but I do feel for her having a baptism of fire like this.
She looked like she needed some WD40 on her knees.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
a Lot of us will be here to see William as king too ,even if Charles live to same age as his mum. Which seems so weird as we had the queen for so long

Reactions: 9
I think they have a vendetta against her because of her sueing them and because they're very pro-royal anyway. Also, people obviously click on the stories which makes them money so why wouldn't they keep going. I think they could have left it off for the time being though. It's a bit tasteless at the moment. They could have run with this story after the funeral instead. I still read it though so am I any better...!
This is it. It drives clicks big time and they are extremely annoyed that she sued and won.

And if someone dares stand against a newspaper like that then all the papers band together and have a vendetta against them for life. We saw it with a Hugh Grant and Max Mosely for example

This is it. It drives clicks big time and they are extremely annoyed that she sued and won.

And if someone dares stand against a newspaper like that then all the papers band together and have a vendetta against them for life. We saw it with a Hugh Grant and Max Mosely for example
Her victory was fairly hollow and the judge all but said she lied as part of her defense. I think the DM would have been pretty happy with how that case went because they got loads more articles and clicks out of it and they did have a kind of 'moral victory'. She has made an enemy of the daily mail but ultimately the daily mail are a business and if we all stopped reading those articles, then they'd stop printing them.

There has to be a balance between a free press and a press that's too powerful and it's good to see people taking them on to keep that in check.

Reactions: 1
Me too, it’s excruciating 🙈 when she walked in it’s like she didn’t know whether to curtesy or bow and she ended up doing a weird formal squat 🤣 poor woman. Not a fan in the slightest but I do feel for her having a baptism of fire like this.
Baptism of fire is exactly it!

I think it’s so unfair that women are expected to curtsey because it’s basically something that has to be taught. Men get away with a simple bow which is so easy. I’m so stiff and awkward I would look EXACTLY like poor LT when expected to curtsey with very little warning. Someone get the woman a choreographer or YouTube tutorial at the very least.

Reactions: 4
I know we are all in awe of Huw Edwards’ stamina but Clive is back again today too. He’s also doing a fabulous job

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Every time I see Liz Truss I cringe inside and out, her movements are so u coordinated and awkward, it's almost like she's a puppet on strings

Reactions: 3
I am Irish so the monarchy is neither here nor there for me, but I have huge admiration and respect for the Queen as a person and seeing all the tributes to her is a stark reminder the world will never see the likes of her again,

Reactions: 10
Why are the DM so obsessed with Meghan? She is the top article again today - they are just giving her ammunition to complain about further down the line.
Because they and their readers are tit. They claim to love the Queen but if that’s true then have some respect for the woman. This constant criticism of Harry and Mayan is so inappropriate.

Reactions: 7
I know it’s a somber time but these memes of the PM’S walk did make me giggle
She was more Mrs Overall.
Glad Charles didn’t need soup.

Because they and their readers are tit. They claim to love the Queen but if that’s true then have some respect for the woman. This constant criticism of Harry and Mayan is so inappropriate.
They speculate-not-speculate in a way that must make Nick Witchell weep. … but their speculate-not-speculate gets legs and becomes fact because people are far more likely to believe a speculate-not-speculate if it chimes with what they want to be true. also seeing something actually written down be it in print or on screen gives it a spurious authority (which seems to be aiding no end of YouTubers in their garden sheds as well).

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Has there been a date released for the funeral? Also do we think schools and shops will close for the whole day rather than a few hours?

I work in a ahop and its been interesting seeing how different generations have been reacting to the news yesterday I saw a young school girl wrapped up in a union jack flag on her way to school I carer from a oap home said the residents had taken it really badly a lot of middle aged people were buying all the newspapers and today a lady in her 70s or 80s was saying how fed up she was of seeing it all the time. A colleague who's 30 said she could stop watching it on tv.
I'm early 40s and have found it's upset me far more than I ever thought it would. I'm literally glued to the coverage on TV.

Reactions: 8
I'm watching on Sky News, I find it all so fascinating what they have to do.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.