The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are the DM so obsessed with Meghan? She is the top article again today - they are just giving her ammunition to complain about further down the line.

Reactions: 13
I don't know whether the clip is edited but you would have thought she would have started with a condolence? It's just so awkward from the clip
From seeing how she reacted to the presenter fainting in front of her at the husting, I’m convinced Liz Truss is a robot. She was one of the last people to see the Queen alive and I think anyone would forgive a personal anecdote under the circumstances

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I don't mind Liz Truss and I know she's had the most stressful week ever but she really does move just so awkwardly? Like a robot coming to life?
I think she always looks so unsure as to what she should be doing. Like she’s looking to the side waiting for someone to tell her yes that’s right and usher her around. Doesn’t set a great precedent for a confident PM

Reactions: 7
I’ve created a thread in Off Topic for anyone who wants to share their experiences of meeting the Queen. Please don’t think I’m moderating and saying not to post them here, I just thought it would be a good sub-thread that for selfish reasons I’d like to read

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder when it was filmed? Edward and Sophie both look to have quite bloodshot eyes and it interviewed quite a few people in a short while. I’m sure they have the video packages prepared in advance but surely not interviews with her children or past PMs?
Boris mentioned in his speech that the bbc had asked him to talk about her in the past tense

Reactions: 3
Why are the DM so obsessed with Meghan? She is the top article again today - they are just giving her ammunition to complain about further down the line.
I agree. I wish they would stop.

Whether there is any truth or not they are fuelling hatred.

It's becoming almost obsessive now. And actually I can see why H&M want to defend themselves and get their viewpoint across (though not in a constructive way most of the time)

Reactions: 11
I agree. I wish they would stop.

Whether there is any truth or not they are fuelling hatred.

It's becoming almost obsessive now. And actually I can see why H&M want to defend themselves and get their viewpoint across (though not in a constructive way most of the time)
I think they have a vendetta against her because of her sueing them and because they're very pro-royal anyway. Also, people obviously click on the stories which makes them money so why wouldn't they keep going. I think they could have left it off for the time being though. It's a bit tasteless at the moment. They could have run with this story after the funeral instead. I still read it though so am I any better...!

Reactions: 8
It'll be interesting what they do with the last episode of The Crown. I know they've said that it will end with the Queen Mother's death, which makes an amount of sense, but I was thinking just now that I wonder if they'll fade that into a "what happened next" text ending or something.

And, semi-related, I've been saying for a while that after The Crown is done they should go a bit further back in time. But Victoria has been done a lot. The Regency has been done a lot. The Tudors has been done excessively. So keep going further. A series which opens with the death of Edward the Confessor in January 1066. The first series ends with William The Bastard's coronation the following Christmas. Then you carry on and have ~1000 years of history before it becomes awkward again, and hopefully by the time you reach the Wars Of The Roses it's been a while since the last Tudor thing.
Also Last Kingdom is Alfred The Great through Ethelred etc, The White Queen is Edward vi and Richard iii. Maybe the rest are too boring? You could do between Victoria and Elizabeth II. That would be interesting as it would cover The Royals during WWI and II.

Reactions: 2
I’m not a royalist, but really like these threads, and find everyone’s comments so interesting.

I always thought this would be such a sombre time for Charles, and I know it is, but seeing him smiling at people at Buckingham Palace, I didn’t expect that.

And then this clip, where he says he will “try to keep everything going” 😭 I know he’s had time to prepare for this, but it can’t be easy, and as a fellow human, it’s sweet to see him coping.

Why is she so awkward?! I have second hand embarrassment just watching 😬

Liz Truss is an odd one for sure. I'm still shocked she's only in her 40s, I thought she was mid 50s. I was also surprised she has children. She must be such an awkward parent. Can't imagine her playing games with kids. Actually can't imagine her doing anything other than being robotically wheeled out for TV appearances 🤣
Apparently she had a Damascene conversion to supporting Brexit just after her kids Irish passports had been issued 😄

Last edited:
  • Wow
Why is she so awkward?! I have second hand embarrassment just watching 😬
Me too, it’s excruciating 🙈 when she walked in it’s like she didn’t know whether to curtesy or bow and she ended up doing a weird formal squat 🤣 poor woman. Not a fan in the slightest but I do feel for her having a baptism of fire like this.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Current day.😳

I know give it rest FGS. Anyway who did Liz truss have an affair with?
Some mp called Mark someone ( while she was pregnant) also rumours if affairs with Kwasi Kwarteng and I think Matt Hancock but that may be Amber Rudd.

• Wow
  • Haha
I think they have a vendetta against her because of her sueing them and because they're very pro-royal anyway. Also, people obviously click on the stories which makes them money so why wouldn't they keep going. I think they could have left it off for the time being though. It's a bit tasteless at the moment. They could have run with this story after the funeral instead. I still read it though so am I any better...!
It actually underminds Charles as well. He is obviously trying to keep things on an even keel and there they are merrily making the waters choppier for clicks. I hope ‘The Source’ gets a boot up the bum if they find out who it is. It’s just not the time to sell out yout King for a few bob.

Reactions: 6
It actually underminds Charles as well. He is obviously trying to keep things on an even keel and there they are merrily making the waters choppier for clicks. I hope ‘The Source’ gets a boot up the bum if they find out who it is. It’s just not the time to sell out yout King for a few bob.
It does undermine him. He may be trying to build bridges and either the DM are making things up and they dont have 'a source' or someone from his household is leaking to the DM and making it harder. Either way, the DM are encouraging a rift between father and son for their own benefit. It is more plausible that either the press got it wrong and she was never going to go or they asked and were told it wasn't appropriate so she didn't go. No drama

Reactions: 8
I would be more interested to know if there was any conversation about their other grandchildren going up to Balmoral. We have to assume Louise and James didn’t go as they’d have been with Edward and Sophie but what about Peter, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie? I guess all going with partners it would then be quite a crowd showing up.

Reactions: 1
I would be more interested to know if there was any conversation about their other grandchildren going up to Balmoral. We have to assume Louise and James didn’t go as they’d have been with Edward and Sophie but what about Peter, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie? I guess all going with partners it would then be quite a crowd showing up.
I saw a photo of Louise in a car going in but I’m not sure where as can’t find much else reported.

Louise is just around the corner at St Andrews.

Heard that Andrews kids are at Balmoral.

Just hope they have not left the Queen alone.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.