The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had the radio on in work today and every time “King Charles” was mentioned it genuinely felt like a glitch in the matrix.

Reactions: 6
Didn’t one of Anne’s dogs kill one of her corgis a few years ago?
It was all the way back in 2003 though there was some confusion over which dog it was

To be with his wife and children? I think wills left not long after
i think William didn’t leave until after King Charles did. I believe Anne and Andrew are still at Balmoral with their children going to pay their respects.

Reactions: 5
I don't mind Liz Truss and I know she's had the most stressful week ever but she really does move just so awkwardly? Like a robot coming to life?
“Like a robot coming to life” 😂

Totally. If the Crown keeps going it will be hard to find an actress skilled enough to portray those movements.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Liz Truss is an odd one for sure. I'm still shocked she's only in her 40s, I thought she was mid 50s. I was also surprised she has children. She must be such an awkward parent. Can't imagine her playing games with kids. Actually can't imagine her doing anything other than being robotically wheeled out for TV appearances 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
i think William didn’t leave until after King Charles did. I believe Anne and Andrew are still at Balmoral with their children going to pay their respects.
It has been reported that Zara, Beatrice, and Eugenie have gone to Balmoral to pay their respects. William will have gone home to Catherine and his children (whenever the timing of that worked out). I also think that Catherine not going to Balmoral was nothing about only close family or blood relatives being there. She would have been wanted and welcome. Her not going would have been about the decisions that her and William make for their family - they couldn't have taken children of the ages of George, Charlotte, and Louis to the Queen's death bed, so Catherine stayed in Windsor because there is no way that they would have a nanny tell the kids of the death of their great-grandmother. Everything about the new Prince and Princess of Wales is that they try to make the best decisions for their kids.
Edited to add: The older that George gets, the more that he will obviously become aware of his place in the Monarchy. It wasn't just his great grandmother dying, it was him taking another step closer to becoming King himself. If William and Catherine try not to focus on that at home, you can guarantee that at school things are said to him about it. The Queen's death, is a very significant moment in George's life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
I always thought this would be such a sombre time for Charles, and I know it is, but seeing him smiling at people at Buckingham Palace, I didn’t expect that.
I think the loss is a different beast at different times of life. In childhood and teen years it's all-consuming, as your Mum is your lifeline. In early adulthood it's a huge loss as you see all the life events yet to come you know she'd have been proud of and helped you through, while you also now need to help with arranging the funeral, seeing to her effects and estate, etc.
In old age, it's a loss that is also a memorial, as she saw you through a full life. You can mourn knowing she truly lived a full life, and now you and your children will see her off, and deal to the arrangements.

Add to that a lifetime of being prepared to put duties to crown and country ahead of personal feelings, and I think he's reacting exactly as I'd expect.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think the loss is a different beast at different times of life. In childhood and teen years it's all-consuming, as your Mum is your lifeline. In early adulthood it's a huge loss as you see all the life events yet to come you know she'd have been proud of and helped you through, while you also now need to help with arranging the funeral, seeing to her effects and estate, etc.
In old age, it's a loss that is also a memorial, as she saw you through a full life. You can mourn knowing she truly lived a full life, and now you and your children will see her off, and deal to the arrangements.

Add to that a lifetime of being prepared to put duties to crown and country ahead of personal feelings, and I think he's reacting exactly as I'd expect.
That’s such a good point, I hadn’t thought of it that way.
I get that he’s putting his personal feelings aside, but I think maybe the love he’s seen for his mother, and the support he’s received might have helped too.

I don’t want to be a grief-tourist, it’s just that even royals expertInce loss like the rest of us. There are some things we all have in common, and what you’ve just explained is the same for Charles, but also for non-royals too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
this has set me off again 😭 the pain in his eyes. Bless him x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I also feel like The King and Queen Consort were never really sure how the public opinion would go towards them after the passing of The Queen so their grieving may have been worsened by the trepidation of how they would be received.

Reactions: 18
I honestly think Liz Truss is totally overwhelmed and basically shitting herself at the moment. I don't like her politics but I do feel sorry for her having to deal with this in her first week.

Reactions: 25
I also feel like The King and Queen Consort were never really sure how the public opinion would go towards them after the passing of The Queen so their grieving may have been worsened by the trepidation of how they would be received.
Very true. There would have also been a long of uncertainty on when it finally happened, would Camilla be accepted as Queen Consort. It was helped by the Queen stating that that is what she hoped of course, but it must have caused them some angst.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Liz Truss is an odd one for sure. I'm still shocked she's only in her 40s, I thought she was mid 50s. I was also surprised she has children. She must be such an awkward parent. Can't imagine her playing games with kids. Actually can't imagine her doing anything other than being robotically wheeled out for TV appearances 🤣
She’s so stiff it’s a miracle she managed to have an affair.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
She’s so stiff it’s a miracle she managed to have an affair.
I don’t know if it’s because she’s new and kind of unknown but I found her speech’s robotic and she showed no real emotion at all.

Just like to share my entry in the book of condolences I know some people where struggling what to write earlier.

Your Majesty,

You promised to devote your life to our country which you did with so much grace and elegance until the day you passed away. You supported our country through the good times and the bad which I will forever be thankful for. We mourn you today but I know I witnessed the greatest monarch in history. You leave behind a great legacy and will forever be the Queen of our hearts. Thank you Ma’am for everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Very true. There would have also been a long of uncertainty on when it finally happened, would Camilla be accepted as Queen Consort. It was helped by the Queen stating that that is what she hoped of course, but it must have caused them some angst.
I like Camilla, she has kept her head down but also appears that she has supported many charities and issues that are close to her heart in a very authentic and low key way.

Reactions: 26
Special moments of the Queen’s life being played on ITV right now with music which I imagine will be shown through out the night.

Reactions: 2
I also think The King was aware of the significance of someone becoming the next Princess of Wales and has bestowed this title straight away when it was most likely to be accepted favourably.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.