The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if they will bring out a book for charity. People's reminiscences of meeting the Queen. Funny stories.... Things like that.

Reactions: 10
Announcement at start of show tonight and we all stood up for a minute silence with applause at the end. Very emotional

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Did anyone else see the story on the DM earlier, which I now can’t find, from a royal reporter who said he’d been told by sources earlier in the week that the Queen wouldn’t be returning from Balmoral and that everyone in Windsor was ‘terribly worried about her’.

Reactions: 4
I’m going to have to have words with the BBC.
they’ve done some heartbreaking programmes.

its mad to think that someone has looked at Charles and thought … yup, yours needs updating next week.
I hate to be maudlin but it’s probably already been done

Reactions: 5
I’m glad someone said about the dogs! I’ve been thinking about that a lot as an animal lover I’m sure wherever they go they will be well taken care of! I see a video of Charles with Liz Truss earlier and he sounded so relieved that he got such a warm reception bless him ❤ I think he was obviously worried about how the public would react to him being king. Hopefully hear when the funeral is tomorrow both the Saturday and Monday being thrown around at the minute. I’m hoping my work will close if it’s the Monday as I will want to sit and watch it with my family much like we did when Princess Diana died x

Reactions: 11
Found it very strange when they Sang God Save the King, rather than Queen😧

• Sad
I’m not a royalist, but really like these threads, and find everyone’s comments so interesting.

I always thought this would be such a sombre time for Charles, and I know it is, but seeing him smiling at people at Buckingham Palace, I didn’t expect that.

And then this clip, where he says he will “try to keep everything going” 😭 I know he’s had time to prepare for this, but it can’t be easy, and as a fellow human, it’s sweet to see him coping.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Found it very strange when they Sang God Save the King, rather than Queen😧
Yes it really doesn’t sound right yet. Did see a funny comment on Twitter earlier that the Daily Mail would be horrified because the National Anthem has changed it’s pronouns!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don’t know if this is weird to think but after watching the tribute on BBC earlier at the end I thought at first it was the Queen leaving one last message I know in a way it was but it kind of would have been lovely if she has recorded a message to be used upon her death.

Reactions: 7
I don’t know if this is weird to think but after watching the tribute on BBC earlier at the end I thought at first it was the Queen leaving one last message I know in a way it was but it kind of would have been lovely if she has recorded a message to be used upon her death.
That would have been so interesting to see. I think it would have maybe freaked some people out, but others might have really appreciated a clip starting with something like “if you’re watching this now, it means…”

Reactions: 8
I’m not a royalist, but really like these threads, and find everyone’s comments so interesting.

I always thought this would be such a sombre time for Charles, and I know it is, but seeing him smiling at people at Buckingham Palace, I didn’t expect that.

And then this clip, where he says he will “try to keep everything going” 😭 I know he’s had time to prepare for this, but it can’t be easy, and as a fellow human, it’s sweet to see him coping.

I don't mind Liz Truss and I know she's had the most stressful week ever but she really does move just so awkwardly? Like a robot coming to life?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I said this to my friend, I wonder if she pre recorded a speech. As I think little old queen knew it was her time. I think it would've been that little touch what was needed. I think announce death, show speech, god save our Queen.

Reactions: 4
I don't mind Liz Truss and I know she's had the most stressful week ever but she really does move just so awkwardly? Like a robot coming to life?
I don't know whether the clip is edited but you would have thought she would have started with a condolence? It's just so awkward from the clip

I’ve been doing some reading on the dogs because I find that emotional. She’s thought to have had 4 dogs and they’re expected to go with Andrew and/or Anne - some were gifted by Andrew so he might be the most likely. One article mentioned that they probably won’t be split up

I do hope that the funeral incorporates them in some way
Didn’t one of Anne’s dogs kill one of her corgis a few years ago?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I said this to my friend, I wonder if she pre recorded a speech. As I think little old queen knew it was her time. I think it would've been that little touch what was needed. I think announce death, show speech, god save our Queen.
I honestly think the last balcony appearance at the end of the jubilee she was saying goodbye. She seemed different more emotional and completely overwhelmed I talked to my dad about that at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.