The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's crazy how things are moving so quickly, title, names changes, social media, etc. The staff who have worked so closely with the RF must be working so hard and feeling the pain of losing her

And there's me, who has seen the Queen once in person, couldn't do a days work today. Clued to the TV all day.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh his address to the nation made me tear up. Just the right tone, and his love for his family was so evident. Bless.

Reactions: 14
I was just about to write the same thing I just can't stop watching 😩
Me too I am glued to the BBC all day in case I miss something and I love watching footage of the Queen at work. I think I might be addicted 😳

Reactions: 9
It's crazy how things are moving so quickly, title, names changes, social media, etc. The staff who have worked so closely with the RF must be working so hard and feeling the pain of losing her

And there's me, who has seen the Queen once in person, couldn't do a days work!
It’s so strange really … it must be hard for Charles to hand over Highgrove and the Duchy.

Reactions: 10
Has the King’s speech finished? I can’t find anywhere to watch the recording.

Such a bittersweet time.

Quick question - obviously W+K have moved to Windsor. Will they remain there to live but work from KP then? As their Insta says based in KP.

Reactions: 1
Such a bittersweet time.

Quick question - obviously W+K have moved to Windsor. Will they remain there to live but work from KP then? As their Insta says based in KP.
Yes the plan before all this was that KP would remain their London residence and offices while they'd mainly live out in Windsor. I imagine they might keep things as they are?

Given Buckingham Palace is undergoing renovations (and also because no-one in the family seems to like it much) I could see Charles keeping his offices primarily at St James' Palace as they are now. Speculating here of course!

Reactions: 7
The King¹ referring to William and Kate as "the Prince and Princess of Wales" made me both laugh and cry at the same time. Which is an odd feeling.

¹which still is strange to type, and I've done it a few times today.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes the plan before all this was that KP would remain their London residence and offices while they'd mainly live out in Windsor. I imagine they might keep things as they are?

Given Buckingham Palace is undergoing renovations (and also because no-one in the family seems to like it much) I could see Charles keeping his offices primarily at St James' Palace as they are now. Speculating here of course!
Who do you think you are … Nick Whitchell ;):cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Been reading through this thread as come across it while on the site for another thread! Some of your posts have made me cry. I am absolutely devastated that our wonderful queen has gone, what an amazing strong lady she was I will miss her.
I never thought I’d be impacted so much by it but I’ve been on and off crying since yesterday and nothing has been on my tv other then the news.. I think she reminded me of my nana a little and the fact my Nan was a massive royalist and I know if she was here she would be heartbroken. King Charles has massively stepped up today from him meeting the public at the palace to his beautiful speech only 24 hours after losing his mum I really think he will do her proud and I can’t help but like him so will be routing for him x

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The King¹ referring to William and Kate as "the Prince and Princess of Wales" made me both laugh and cry at the same time. Which is an odd feeling.

¹which still is strange to type, and I've done it a few times today.
The National Anthem sounds odd

i think I’ll be singing Qu ………ing for a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.