The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just when you think you can’t be any more of a soggy, snotty mess Charles hits you with flights of angels.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
It doesn't need to even be as dramatic as a stroke. My nan got up to go to another room, on way back she needed help to chair. Once she was settled she quietly passed away after we left the room. She was 93 and certainly looked a lot like the queen in terms of mobility and fragility

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Ohh, as well being as a Shakespeare quote, “May flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest” is from "Song for Athene" which was performed at Diana’s funeral as her cortège left Westminster Abbey.

(sorry if everyone but me already knew this!)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m glad he didn’t say mummy. My whole town would have heard my wailing

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It was from the heart wasn't it.
From the heart without being overly sentimental to the point of sounding insincere. It was a very empathetic, reassuring, steady speech of a monarch with a beautiful personal tribute to his family. Just lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
There’ll be a lot of analysis over his speech particularly his acknowledgment of H&M by our rabid tabloid media. However I agree with the previous comment that he clearly loves both his boys.

Charles, like his mother, will understand more than anyone the conflict between individuality and duty to the crown. I reckon he was more sympathetic to Harry than we will ever know - after all, he has made sacrifices too. He obviously holds his faith close, just like our queen did.

I don’t believe theres a rift at all but it sells papers and generates clicks.

Reactions: 25
I hadn't cried up until now, but I did have a little tear at the "making her final journey" part.

He showed great composure. I couldn't have done that.

Reactions: 15
Doesn't he just.
Thank you - that was exactly the phrase I was looking for. He will be different to the Queen for that reason. Not better or worse but different.

(I'm not fully up with royal protocol - does anyone know if Harry was still a working royal would he have had another title bestowed on him? I read he might become Duke of Cambridge now, but no mention).
No Prince of Wales moves up to Monarch and Duke of Lancaster and the second in line moves up to first in line and gets the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall gig (if male).

Reactions: 1
Only just stopped my tears, what lovely words from King Charles. So pleased for William & Kate and even a nod to Harry. So much love from him about our beautiful Queen. Going to sound a bit weird now, but I am so looking forward to see all our pomp and glory on display when we give our Queen the state funeral she so deserves. Such historical times.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
As others have said at 96, it could have been a host of underlying conditions.
My great grandmother at 97 was still living independently, started feeling a bit off colour. GP came out to take bloods which I personally drove to the lab (I live near our local hospital) and she was ambulanced onto the ward. Scanned her the following day and found extensive tumours in her lungs. She died less than a week later in a hospice. She had shown no breathing issues and had been out with the family and her lunch club days before. And we all know how older people don't like to complain or cause a fuss.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Only just stopped my tears, what lovely words from King Charles. So pleased for William & Kate and even a nod to Harry. So much love from him about our beautiful Queen. Going to sound a bit weird now, but I am so looking forward to see all our pomp and glory on display when we give our Queen the state funeral she so deserves. Such historical times.
I am glad that she will be able to have all the pomp and glory. That covid has passed enough now and restrictions won’t have the effect like it did for Prince Philip. I know that for his funeral it was probably a welcome excuse to give him the funeral he would have preferred but she deserves to have the full gala of a royal funeral

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Does anyone know who the congregation at the St Paul’s service is made up of ?

This guy was the handsome one sitting behind Harry and Meghan in church at Platinum Jubilee. There was chatter - who was he - etc. Here he is again. I am sure it is him. Any ideas who it is?
211AF908-C5A3-4D53-A8FE-F76C9746FD27.png
91D14540-A238-4F33-B5CB-899C81624432.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well it’s official. Everyone, I give you our new Prince and Princess of Wales, William and Catherine. Diana will be smiling down from heaven tonight.
653B655F-F3FB-40B9-A638-1C26A3E69D5D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It's all so bittersweet. I imagine it must be bringing back a lot of memories for William and Harry too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.