The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh that was really lovely. I was so ready for him to start crying, but he held it together very well. I'm impressed!

Reactions: 13
He really wears his heart on his sleeve which, ironically, I think he had a hard time about when younger as he was “sensitive” but I think this will serve him excellently as king. I really empathised with him.
Doesn't he just.
Thank you - that was exactly the phrase I was looking for. He will be different to the Queen for that reason. Not better or worse but different.

(I'm not fully up with royal protocol - does anyone know if Harry was still a working royal would he have had another title bestowed on him? I read he might become Duke of Cambridge now, but no mention).

Reactions: 8
Beautiful. Well done Charles.

(I took the reference to Harry and Meghan 'continuing life abroad' to mean they haven't been welcomed back into the fold.)
I took it as an expression of his love for his son and daughter in law 🤔

Reactions: 35
It seems people will just defend this Royal family no matter what. I don't get it.
If it was Harry or Meghan or even William and Kate having such a conversation with other people whilst being married , I don't think people would be as forgiving.

ETA - clarifying my point
When it actually happened there was absolute uproar. Charles was absolutely vilified and I cannot stress the amount of abuse Camilla faced.

There was also the Diana 'Squidgygate' tapes of similarly recorded private conversation between her and James Gilby.

Their private telephone conversation were being picked by radio enthusiasts. Charles and Diana had already separated.

Reactions: 10
I love he referenced both sons. I believe he loves them very much.

People are going to read all sorts into the Harry reference but I am taking it as he said it. He loves him, he’s doing his own thing, everyone leave it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I suspect a stroke. It was very sudden - Sophie and Edward were on engagements - so on so forth.

Loved seeing Charles greet and embrace people. Also loved seeing people support him. You can tell he was so very touched - he has got that compassionate touch and empathy with people, it's a real quality. Camilla looks broken. My heart goes out to them both.
That happened to my fil. He got up one day, had breakfast etc. Sat down on the sofa and collapsed. By noon he was gone. It was a few strokes.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Doesn't he just.
Thank you - that was exactly the phrase I was looking for. He will be different to the Queen for that reason. Not better or worse but different.

(I'm not fully up with royal protocol - does anyone know if Harry was still a working royal would he have had another title bestowed on him? I read he might become Duke of Cambridge now, but no mention).
Yes just a different approach to the Queen which I think is good and natural considering he is taking the throne 70 years after her. She served her duty excellently for the times she lived in and I believe Charles will do the same.

Reactions: 10
Oh my goodness that was amazing. We’re all in bits in my house. God bless The King ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think both his mother and father would be very proud of him with that speech.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Was looking at photos of camellia, either it’s WTF have I got myself in to, or she is extremely shocked at the queens passing !! Again, in another photo coming out of balmoral, just starting ahead in shock or just feels extremely out of dept with the enormity of what she will have to deal with! Another WTF have I got my self in to moment !
I think she was shocked at the crowds reaction to Charles and most likely relieved.

I think he and Camilka are decent and try to do good things for their charities. If we are getting rid of Kinfs because they were adulterous, we'd have maybe one King ( The Queens father). The rest have all had open mistresses many of whom were part of the family.

I took it as an expression of his love for his son and daughter in law 🤔
So did I.

I think Charles will be a fine King. Ironically I think the length of time it has taken for him to become King will work in his favour. I think if he had become King 20 years ago he would have been a disaster. I think he will rely on William quite a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It’s when he mentioned his “papa”
Same, the middle section talking about his family and his face lighting up at the mention of Camilla softened the sadness of it all and made me smile, but the end of them being together hit me

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.