The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very surreal. I don’t understand people taking selfie’s with the sign and the flowers

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Taking advantage 😂. It was basically an arranged marriage. I have as much sympathy for Charles as Diana, in that I doubt either of them had much of a say in the whole thing.
Totally agree. Do people honestly not think that Charles and Camilla would have taken the opportunity to get married all those years ago if they had been able to? It's hardly like they both ended up in deeply unhappy marriages deliberately! The blockers on Charles and Camilla being able to marry 40 years ago resulted in a miserable existence for everyone involved, not just Diana.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes I think her weight loss over the last year and the hints from the palace suggest an illness. I think “mobility issues” hid a lot.

I think a lot is linked back to last October when she had to cancel a trip and it was revealed she was in hospital for tests. It’s possible there was a diagnosis then (only speculating, sorry Nicholas Witchell) and I think the family all knew for a while.
My Ageds Witchellate that she was diagnosed with cancer, possibly bowel because chemo for that doesn’t cause hair loss, in October and has been having blood transfusions as a boost for events she had to do since then.

Very surreal. I don’t understand people taking selfie’s with the sign and the flowers
But how would people know how much you care if you didn’t do a sad trombone faced photo to put on twittergram?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've heard she had bowel cancer. My sister has lots of links to the important people who would know that sort of thing.
She said back in May "the queen has bowel cancer and won't last until Christmas." and here we are...

Reactions: 5
I’d imagine so many people bringing flowers over the weekend
I really wish they wouldn’t, so much plastic wrapping and waste. The RF could have subtly asked for charity donations or a tree for the Jubilee canopy project.

Reactions: 10
Thank goodness for Tattle and all of you. I am utterly bereft. Can't stop crying; the feeling of a void is so acute.

As an American married to a Englishman who is far less bothered about anything Monarchy related, I've been glued to my computer for coverage. I've been trying to explain to our daughters the historical impact of her reign and passing.

Her Majesty has always been a source of strength for me personally. Her mastery at the whole 'Keep Calm and Carry On' has been a way for me to get on with horrible things as they occurred. I literally have asked myself "what would The Queen do?" when faced with crises.

My deepest condolences to all her subjects and all who are grieving. The loss feels so sudden, specifically because of her glorious smile in the photos with Ms Truss just days before her death. I really truly hope she did not have cancer in her bones or spine. Just the thought of that leaves me crying even harder, having witnessed my father's agonizing death after his prostate cancer spread to his bones. He was the strongest man ever, a hard man that never ever showed emotion or sensitivity, but was reduced to a whimpering shell as he died painfully and slowly. We couldn't even hug him in the last days as the pain was so great despite copious amounts of morphine.

I have come around to Queen Consort Camilla. I loathed her for years, but have to give credit where it's due. She has risen above far worse press and drama than Meghan ever experienced, IMO. I wish His Majesty Charles and his Queen Consort the very best. I so hope that he can have a peaceful reign and be able to honour his legacy as his mother would have wanted.

If I were in England, I'd be there with flowers to pay my respects. I don't begrudge anyone how they cope with loss. It's been very emotional to see the crowds and watch The King greet his subjects mere hours after The Queen's passing.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
A very random question but does anyone know what happens to all the outfits worn by the Queen and the other royal ladies when they are done with them. They hardly donate them to Oxfam do they?

Reactions: 9
A very random question but does anyone know what happens to all the outfits worn by the Queen and the other royal ladies when they are done with them. They hardly donate them to Oxfam do they?
Never even thought of that! I’m not sure at all.

Reactions: 3
I imagine they will be preserved, an one day be in a museum

Reactions: 13
I'd imagine they'll go into some sort of archive/collection. Same with all of her jewels.

Reactions: 13
The morning it was announced Diana had died tourists were posing with early editions of News of the World stating DIANA DEAD. This is tasteful by comparison

Reactions: 6
Cancer of the spine but I can’t tell you how I know but a family member has Senior nhs links . There was a press block all year
Nhs ?? Doesn't the queen have a team of private doctors
I've heard she had bowel cancer. My sister has lots of links to the important people who would know that sort of thing.
She said back in May "the queen has bowel cancer and won't last until Christmas." and here we are...
What happened to patient confidentiality??

Reactions: 21
Totally agree. Do people honestly not think that Charles and Camilla would have taken the opportunity to get married all those years ago if they had been able to? It's hardly like they both ended up in deeply unhappy marriages deliberately! The blockers on Charles and Camilla being able to marry 40 years ago resulted in a miserable existence for everyone involved, not just Diana.
I think historically mistakes were made with Royal marriages - Charles and Diana was one (when he wanted to marry Camilla), another was poor Princess Margaret not being allowed to marry a divorcee.

Reactions: 14
Okay, so far we've had people claiming sauces have told them bone cancer and cancer of the spine and now we have a bowel cancer claim 🙄
Maybe we should just put suggestions in a hat. Personally if you can't provide the source then it's just speculation and gossip imo.

Reactions: 37
Okay, so far we've had people claiming sauces have told them bone cancer and cancer of the spine and now we have a bowel cancer claim 🙄
Maybe we should just put suggestions in a hat. Personally if you can't provide the source then it's just speculation and gossip imo.
Well we don't know. My sister's source may have been false, but who knows? I have no reason not to believe her. She works in TV.
But maybe it was simply old age.

Reactions: 3
That’s a bold statement on here !

Reactions: 10
That’s a bold statement on here !
I promise it's true 🤷‍♀️ But that won't change anything.
I'm just glad she passed away peacefully and I do hope there was no painful illness she had to endure.
My father was a journalist and said the queen was also a very good mimic.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Prince Charles and Camilla and Andrew PB got even more messy because Andrew PB was seeing Princess Anne too. This was before marriages.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.