The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we go from not wanting a Man who cheated on his Wife, to welcoming 1 with open arms :ROFLMAO:

Just me who doesn't care who they sleep with as long as legal & consensual. As it doesn't change our lives
100% this... not to go all biblical but let him/her who is without sin cast the first stone.

Reactions: 19
People ate already trying to cash in on the queen's passing somebody has listed today's sun newspaper on ebay for £8 🤢
I looked for hotels in London the night before the rumoured funeral date and a really average hotel I've previously stayed in for about £120 a night is charging £500. Insanity

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
My friend's baby is just over a week old and has already lived through 2 monarchs and 2 prime ministers!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Diana was a lamb to the slaughter, shame on Charles and Camilla taking advantage of her!
Taking advantage 😂. It was basically an arranged marriage. I have as much sympathy for Charles as Diana, in that I doubt either of them had much of a say in the whole thing.

Reactions: 28
I looked for hotels in London the night before the rumoured funeral date and a really average hotel I've previously stayed in for about £120 a night is charging £500. Insanity
Yeah I've looked too as would really like to go but the prices are crazy. Even Premier Inn are charging nearly £200, double what it usually is

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm sorry to be insensitive but is anyone else wondering how she died? It's hard to get your head around when she was up and working just on Tuesday.

Reactions: 9
I'm sorry to be insensitive but is anyone else wondering how she died? It's hard to get your head around when she was up and working just on Tuesday.
I thought this too. Wonder if we will ever be told?

Reactions: 5
She was probably already very ill. The Palace has been drip feeding us news for a while. Possibly The Queen made an extra effort to see Boris and Trus. She looked incredibly frail and and significantly older in only 3 months since the jubilee

Reactions: 17
I don’t think it’s that shocking but then I saw my 95 year old granny go in a similar way.

There’s a couple of things to consider: at 96 it’s likely she had a number of issues that combined to make her health more precarious, or she had a gradually declining health due to a specific illness. Either way it is quite common for people in their 90s to be relatively ok until they’re suddenly not as it doesnt take long if they’re already weaker anyway.

I’m not sure they will ever “announce” the cause of death? What happened when her father died - was it known he was suffering with cancer for example?

Seeing how frail she was I think she died from old age related heart failure. She had lost so much weight and was fading before our eyes.

Reactions: 5
I think some people before they pass seem to get a boost of energy.
My Dad passed from Covid and had spent that entire Day downstairs with us chatting etc. I had thought it meant he was getting better.
I think theres a proper name for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought this too. Wonder if we will ever be told?
Cancer of the spine but I can’t tell you how I know but a family member has Senior nhs links . There was a press block all year

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
She was probably already very ill. The Palace has been drip feeding us news for a while. Possibly The Queen made an extra effort to see Boris and Trus. She looked incredibly frail and and significantly older in only 3 months since the jubilee
Yes I think her weight loss over the last year and the hints from the palace suggest an illness. I think “mobility issues” hid a lot.

I think a lot is linked back to last October when she had to cancel a trip and it was revealed she was in hospital for tests. It’s possible there was a diagnosis then (only speculating, sorry Nicholas Witchell) and I think the family all knew for a while.

I'm not a huge fan of the Royal family but I've always liked the queen even if on our birthday she never sent me a card 😭😂 she has been queen as long as my gran has been alive right down to my son who is in primary school. Each and every family member in between them (there are lots) knows no other than her majesty the queen. No disrespect to the new king but it doesn't feel right it should be queen still I guess I can't get my head round the fact she is not here anymore. I am glad though she is back with Philip and I do hope all their dogs of the past ran upto her gusto to say hello

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think some people before they pass seem to get a boost of energy.
My Dad passed from Covid and had spent that entire Day downstairs with us chatting etc. I had thought it meant he was getting better.
I think theres a proper name for it.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah my mother didnt speak for a week, then started answering questions for a day or two. Then, gone

• Heart
Had a walk out to the shopping centre today and all the digital advert screens had her memorial pic on. Shed a tear

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yes I think her weight loss over the last year and the hints from the palace suggest an illness. I think “mobility issues” hid a lot.
She wouldn’t have missed major events for mobility issues, especially as her mother and sister used a wheelchair. I think her not going to the Cenotaph or opening parliament was very telling. Then missing the service at St Paul’s was another big one during the jubilee. When she turned up for the final balcony appearance she looked emotional and I felt that she knew it was the end.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.