The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vile.

Charles: "Oh God. I'll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be much easier."

Camilla: "What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers? Oh, you're going to come back as a pair of knickers."

Charles: "Or, God forbid, a Tampax. Just my luck!"

This exchange was followed by jokes about Charles turning into an entire box of tampons and of being "chucked down the lavatory."

What a charmer!
it was a private conversation. Again not my humour but I detest that this one comment is lumped on him all the time. Can any of us ever say we’ve never misjudged a joke? Would you be happy to have reported every conversation you’d ever had?

Reactions: 36
Bless him saying hello to everyone.
The woman who kissed his cheek and another kissing his hand though…..!

Also can anyone lip read? What was the crowd saying to him? Didn’t look like ‘my condolences’ or ‘hello’ lol
That was impressive. I like Charles, and he and Camilla have been married for longer that Charles and Diana were.
Funny how those uber Royalist nutjobs don't take the time to learn some protocol and decorum. I bet they were all shaking their heads at 'tightsgate' but they lose control of themselves and snog a recently bereaved stranger, and their King!

Reactions: 13
To be fair, when you are on what you think is a private phone call with your secret squeeze you’re not going to be asking them if they’ve put the bins out and if they can take some bread out the freezer.
No I suppose you wouldn't be asking questions like that, especially when he was still married at the time, as was Camilla 🤷‍♀️

it was a private conversation. Again not my humour but I detest that this one comment is lumped on him all the time. Can any of us ever say we’ve never misjudged a joke? Would you be happy to have reported every conversation you’d ever had?
I've never had a conversation like that though - especially whilst still being married :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
Vile.

Charles: "Oh God. I'll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be much easier."

Camilla: "What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers? Oh, you're going to come back as a pair of knickers."

Charles: "Or, God forbid, a Tampax. Just my luck!"

This exchange was followed by jokes about Charles turning into an entire box of tampons and of being "chucked down the lavatory."

What a charmer!
I mean, it was a private conversation between two lovers Yes they were married to other people but it was just a bit of dirty talk between two people who had made bad decisions that meant they couldn't be together.. They have more than redeemed themselves imo. I don't really rate William. I think he's lazy. Charles had established the Princes Trust by the time he was Williams age, and it still endures. I think Charles and Camilla will be decent but sadly it won't be for that long.

Reactions: 14
That was impressive. I like Charles, and he and Camilla have been married for longer that Charles and Diana were.
Funny how those uber Royalist nutjobs don't take the time to learn some protocol and decorum. I bet they were all shaking their heads at 'tightsgate' but they lose control of themselves and snog a recently bereaved stranger, and their King!
I liked how they all had their phones out … gotta get a selfie with the grieving monarch for the extra aawww huuunnsss on Instabook and Twittergram.
never know, might get a tenner from the Daily Mail as a bonus.

Reactions: 13
I really hope Camilla is allowed to just get on with being Queen Consort. She and Charles have been married for nearly 20 years and she’s never put a foot wrong. As someone else has said, Charles and Diana should never have married in the first place; Camilla was always ‘the one,’ but the royal rules prevented them being together when they wanted to be. None of them were perfect but the past can’t be changed and I think Charles would be a very different person now, and not in a good way, if he didn’t have Camilla by his side.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
A few months ago we all came together on here to celebrate the jubilee now we once again come together to grieve the death of our beloved Queen ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I mean, it was a orivate conversation between two lovers Yes they were married to other people but it was just a bit of dirty talk between two oeople who had made bad decisions that meant they couldn't be together.
It seems people will just defend this Royal family no matter what. I don't get it.
If it was Harry or Meghan or even William and Kate having such a conversation with other people whilst being married , I don't think people would be as forgiving.

ETA - clarifying my point

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't agree with how they got together but I think Camilla will make a brilliant Queen Consort to Charles. I'd love to have a boozy lunch with her.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
It seems people will just defend this Royal family no matter what. I don't get it.
If it was Harry or Meghan or even William and Kate having such a conversation, I don't think people would be as forgiving.
Well they're married to each other. I think people would turn on the papers for breaching their privacy.

Reactions: 5
If it was Harry or Meghan or even William and Kate having such a conversation, I don't think people would be as forgiving.
he was lambasted at the time. Quite considerably by both the press and the public. It’s now 20+Years later. It was a private conversation that nevertheless shouldn’t have been recorded! They did make errors in some choices but Diana was also married when she took a lover. They should never have married as I and someone else have said, it was only for royal protocol and the outcome was very damaging for the family as a whole. But ultimately time has moved on, he and Camilla have proven to have a stable marriage and clearly are very happy together. The way he looked for her after he got ti the flowers at Buckingham Palace before, touching and there’s clearly so much love there. It’s good he had a support from someone who truly knows and loves him at such a terrible But life changing time.

Additionally in comparison to being besties with a sex offender and sleeping with trafficked girls, having an affair and making a lewd joke, in what you think is a private phone call, is nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not quite a fan of the Royal Family but I did get a little emotional when she passed. Think I’ll be avoiding the TV though as I can’t bare to accept Charles as King.
What will change? Money, stamps, post boxes?

• Angry
Reactions: 8
God I’d forgotten that. Such a lovely thing to do. They do seem more down to earth than the Queen and a bit more empathetic to normal people which I think explains why people feel that they can touch and kiss him. And that’s not a bad thing. It’s a different world now and the stuffiness of his mums early years has gone. He needs to embrace it.
I think he's always meant well. Just woefully out of touch sometimes

Reactions: 4
Not quite a fan of the Royal Family but I did get a little emotional when she passed. Think I’ll be avoiding the TV though as I can’t bare to accept Charles as King.
What will change? Money, stamps, post boxes?
Postboxes won’t change - just any new ones will have new cipher.
Money will change over time as it goes out of circulation.
Passports, all the cap badges and ciphers for the services, official portraits in embassies and official offices.
Court cases are now whoever v Rex, counsel are now King’s …

Reactions: 7
I don't think the money changes until after the coronation. Am I right knowledgeable people?

Reactions: 1
I don't think the money changes until after the coronation. Am I right knowledgeable people?
I think the Bank of England said they would clarify after the official mourning period … but don’t worry it’s still legal tender …

Reactions: 4
Postboxes won’t change - just any new ones will have new cipher.
Money will change over time as it goes out of circulation.
Passports, all the cap badges and ciphers for the services, official portraits in embassies and official offices.
Court cases are now whoever v Rex, counsel are now King’s …
Thank you! I wasn’t quite sure. It’s interesting how much will change now. The world will not see a Queen for a long long time will it

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.