The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sad seeing The Queens car 😔
The Royal Standard up but for The King.

It all feels so odd

Reactions: 11
Is anything being fired out of these guns?
They spoke about this on the radio. In Hyde Park they're were firing 1lb rounds, elsewhere they were 8oz rounds. This was for safety reasons. Hyde Park had the space and could keep the crowds win a secure area.

Reactions: 5
I know she apparently always went to balmoral this time of year but do you think she went there knowing she would die there or that that may be the last time she’s there?
Definitely.

I've just watched back some of the speeches in Parliament. Theresa May was brilliantly funny. Lovely memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The changes of potential titles will take a while to get my head around!
The heir to the throne ( William) is usually known as the Prince of Wales. So he would be The Prince of Wales and The Duke of Sussex and Cambridge. Blimey!

Reactions: 3
I know this sounds morbid, apologies but do you think some of the plain vans going in through the gates were undertakers? As I assume they would have had to take the coffin in.
Yes, very possibly, but there are many entrances to the estate so they would be able to access out of view of cameras if they needed to x

Reactions: 4
Who'd have thought Theresa May would be the person to bring some some levity to a very sombre occasion. Loved her speech. Great story about the cheese.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It's showing them going down the motorway, imagine being in one of the cars being overtaken by the king

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ahh they flew to Northolt, near where I grew up. I remember seeing the plane carrying Diana's body go over our old house all those years ago ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 11
According to the Scotsman newspaper, a plane is used if there's no train available, but I wonder if it's to do with the logistics of the planned procession down Royal Mile to the station?
That’s a good point. Edinburgh is essentially split in two. The old town where the Royal Mile and Castle et. are and the new where Waverley Station, Princes St, Scot Monument, Balmoral Hotel etc are. The old town looks down on the new, and it would probably be a bit of a logistical nightmare getting a gun carriage from one side to the other.

Reactions: 3
Because that’s how traditionally people show their respects. I don’t disagree with your reasoning, however can you imagine how it would be if no one took flowers or visited the places they are. This is just a public show of grief.
Someone made a suggestion of planting a tree which I thought was very fitting.

It looks like a very slow police chase on Police, camera, Action
Television or news paper no doubt 🙄

Reactions: 2
The changes of potential titles will take a while to get my head around!
The heir to the throne ( William) is usually known as the Prince of Wales. So he would be The Prince of Wales and The Duke of Sussex and Cambridge. Blimey!
Erm William is NOT the Duke of Sussex! 😱 I think you mean Duke of Cornwall.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.