The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you seen the dreadful video of the highlands fish and chip shop owner celebrating the Queen’s death? It’s awful 😢
That's not a million miles away from where I live, the local Facebook groups are full of outrage. The police had to be called last night to (a) remove her from her own premises and (b) guard the shop so the large crowd of furious locals that had gathered didn't destroy the place. Doubt it will ever open again.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I have to say these tributes are absolutely lovely. From some politicians that are absolutely abhorrent leaders they have some lovely stories to tell about the queen.

Reactions: 8
Personally I think the speeches were all lovely. It’s hard to know what to say at a time like this.

Reactions: 11
I did smile a bit yesterday during the coverage as I am sure the newsreaders referred to every single residence as her favourite one!

I think Balmoral was particularly special though; beautiful surroundings and probably felt quite private so if you had to be anywhere in your last days, and as a family to grieve something, I’d pick there too.
I know what you mean, favourite this and that. But I like to think she knew what was ahead, there were no plans for her being anywhere else other than Balmoral and I'm so glad she could have the best of care at home instead of hospital becoming a circus. It's perfectly isolated and private, small and familiar and the locals incredibly protective.

Reactions: 10
It's nice to see the politicians can actually behave like this sometimes. I was watching the energy debate yesterday, and before the notes started getting passed around, it was like the monkey house at Chester Zoo. They've all got lovely stories to tell, but it's a shame that most of them will never have even half the decorum of the woman they are paying tribute to.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hope his shop is boycotted!!
It was a she, and quite proud of herself she was too! Folk turned up at the shop and threw eggs at her window, the Police were called and advised her to go home for her own safety…she was in such a rush, she hit a parked car 😬

And this has just been posted to a local Facebook group

C6E65592-8B8B-4F09-A53A-7F1056F2F445.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Me too. Something very emotional about it.
When you see the guns and the uniforms from the little ones in Jersey to the ones hopefully being super careful around Stonehenge you get a real sense of the history and continuity.

Reactions: 5
Woke up feeling absolutely dreadful this morning, and I felt that weird moment where everything feels fine for a second then it hits you and you realise... 'oh, everything has changed. this isn't how things were'.

The heavy rain has kept me from travelling to Buckingham Palace, but does anyone have any updates on the crowds down there?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.