The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can only guess William must be feeling the heaviness too of explaining things to George with regards to succession and the changing of the monarch etc knowing that he will also have to go through it.

It is quite a heavy burden I think (regardless of all the wealth and trappings of it all, I just mean this element of it is not one that I would choose to take on to be fair).

I felt for Charles today. (Will take a while to get used to saying the King and not Charles). But I suppose they prepare for this their whole lives too.

Reactions: 21
Must be quite surreal for William, knowing that next time this happens, he’ll be King
I was also thinking how surreal it must have been for him and his brother being at Balmoral, where they first heard of their mother's death just a few days over 25 years ago. Such a significant location in Royal History.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I’m sorry I don’t think Kelly Holmes comments about The King referring to his mother as mummy has quite the tone she wants

Reactions: 4
I did smile a bit yesterday during the coverage as I am sure the newsreaders referred to every single residence as her favourite one!

I think Balmoral was particularly special though; beautiful surroundings and probably felt quite private so if you had to be anywhere in your last days, and as a family to grieve something, I’d pick there too.

Reactions: 9
I can only guess William must be feeling the heaviness too of explaining things to George with regards to succession and the changing of the monarch etc knowing that he will also have to go through it.

It is quite a heavy burden I think (regardless of all the wealth and trappings of it all, I just mean this element of it is not one that I would choose to take on to be fair).

I felt for Charles today. (Will take a while to get used to saying the King and not Charles). But I suppose they prepare for this their whole lives too.
Indeed how do ypu explain to a kid that his grandfather and father both have to die for him to take on the job?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Boris speaking now. He is giving the most cohesive speech he has given for a long time. I think his words are sincere.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I did smile a bit yesterday during the coverage as I am sure the newsreaders referred to every single residence as her favourite one!

I think Balmoral was particularly special though; beautiful surroundings and probably felt quite private so if you had to be anywhere in your last days, and as a family to grieve something, I’d pick there too.
It does feel very much like she chose it to happen exactly as she wanted, doesn’t it.

Last photo taken just 2 days before, doing her duty, with a beaming smile.
The privacy of Balmoral during her usual Summer trip.
Sudden, not a long and publicly drawn out thing - obviously there was something going on but apart from the ‘mobility issues’ and the obvious cannula bruising and lack of circulation in her hands visible in the photos with Liz Truss, she looked (on the surface) frail but radiant.

Reactions: 18

I guess, and hope, as William experienced that conversation as a child himself that he can use that as a guide as to what to say etc

Reactions: 5
Boris speaking now. He is giving the most cohesive speech he has given for a long time. I think his words are sincere.
To be fair to him, yes I agree. If only he’d shown a bit more of this side of him before! I think he is speaking from the heart and has a lot of respect for the queen and the monarchy.

I feel so sad when I see footage with the corgis 😢

Reactions: 15
I've found the events of the past few days almost Shakespearean, Liz having the Queen dying only 2 days after sworn in by her isn't really a good omen for her tenure is it? The thunderstorms and the new PM delivering her speech outside Downing street in the rain. A new King. Still all seems very surreal

Reactions: 11
At the risk of sounding completely wet, I’m really pleased she got her Jubillee. I’ve done ‘em all and this one, for all it was a big event just seemed more personal and a ‘thank you’. I’m glad she left the balcony for the last time knowing it was all for her and the high regard she was held in.
I absolutely think she knew she was unwell and knew it would be her last big appearance. Everything about it seemed a celebration of her life as much as her reign and a thank you like you said.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I absolutely think she knew she was unwell and knew it would be her last big appearance. Everything about it seemed a celebration of her life as much as her reign and a thank you like you said.
I suspected at the time but feel more sure now looking back: I think they all knew, honestly.

I did think at the time it all felt like a living obituary/celebration of life. But I’m glad she got to see it, absolutely.

As I’ve said that last balcony appearance and national anthem is very moving. ❤

Reactions: 10
To be fair to him, yes I agree. If only he’d shown a bit more of this side of him before! I think he is speaking from the heart and has a lot of respect for the queen and the monarchy.
To be fair to Boris, his more emotive speeches and statements are usually excellent and very heartfelt. Its just a shame about everything else, really!

Reactions: 12
More about her summer at Balmoral

The clergyman who had lunch and dinner with her at the weekend

I mentally said goodbye to the Queen when she moved inside from the balcony at Buckingham Palace on her last appearance at the Platinum Jubilee. I thought this was the beginning of the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I missed that, what was she saying?

Also I’m sorry but does Boris Johnson ever even look at a hairbrush? 😬
She was commenting about him losing his mother and how difficult on a personal level that would be (100% agree with this). But then commented “such love for her that he called her mummy”… and then talked about him losing “his mother.. his mummy” which to me Just served to remind everyone the 73 year old heir to the monarchy called his mother mummy

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.