The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was having a conversation with my partner last night, he’s in the army and was saying how his regimental cap badge will have to change, along with all of the new medals issued from now on as they currently have the Queen’s crown on them. It’s shocked me just how much is going to have to change with time, not just our currency, passports and the other obvious bits and bobs.

I thought my heart would feel less heavy this morning but it somehow feels heavier today. I can’t quite believe we have lost our amazing Queen, it still doesn’t feel real 😢. Big hugs to everyone on here. X

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If the funeral is a Monday, would it be classed as a bank holiday? I work Mondays but would really like to watch it

Reactions: 2
The BBC said she will be back in London tomorrow earlier. I’m off to the palace this morning. Will update later.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If the funeral is a Monday, would it be classed as a bank holiday? I work Mondays but would really like to watch it
I think it will be Bank Holiday so firms don't have to give you a day off but I think a lot of firms will to be honest

Reactions: 4
I heard it's today they are travelling back
Charles and Camilla are back today. The Times had a timeline. The body is staying at Balmoral u till Monday, will be taken to Edinburgh to lie in state u till Tuesday and will be back Tuesday.

Reactions: 9
I think it will be Bank Holiday so firms don't have to give you a day off but I think a lot of firms will to be honest
It would probably be seen as quite disrespectfUl to have shops etc open on the day of the funeral itself.

Reactions: 6
BBC Radio Scotland is quite a good listen this morning compared to the sad music and listener tributes on the other BBC channels. Lots of info, chatting to locals in Balmoral area etc.

Reactions: 3
I keep thinking of Charles, Anne, yes even Andrew, Edward, Sophie and how broken hearted they must be.
They've now lost their father and mother within a short space of time. For anyone that's tough but to be in the spotlight a d for Charles having to start a new job, provide speeches etc immediately it must be extremely hard. I also feel for the grandchild and great grandchildren. I was an adult when I lost both grandparents in a much shorter period and you felt you hadn't finished grieving one when the other passed away.

Reactions: 23
I think if I remember from the article about it all, the funeral is classed as a national mourning day but not a bank holiday? And it’s down to the discretion of companies whether to close or not.

Not sure though, I guess it will be explained when the date is announced? 🤷‍♀️

I’m surprised by this
It’s not a certainty, while they’re entitled to now use Prince and Princess as the grandchild of the monarch it doesn’t mean they will. Just look at Zara

Bit of a weird one here. Daughters school have messaged to say they’ll be holding a rememberance assembly this morning and then the children will be able to go into church and light a candle if they wish.
Part of me is glad they get to experience all this and how much different it could have been had the Queen passed in the midst of covid and all the lockdown regulations.

Reactions: 8
It’s not a certainty, while they’re entitled to now use Prince and Princess as the grandchild of the monarch it doesn’t mean they will. Just look at Zara

Bit of a weird one here. Daughters school have messaged to say they’ll be holding a rememberance assembly this morning and then the children will be able to go into church and light a candle if they wish.
Part of me is glad they get to experience all this and how much different it could have been had the Queen passed in the midst of covid and all the lockdown regulations.
Phillips send off while grand compared to the average person was no where near what it should have been due to Covid. I’m glad she will get the send off she deserves

Reactions: 7

Zara and Peter weren't entitled to titles, because they are the children of the daughter of the monarch, not a son. Any titles they had would have to come from their father … and Anne and Mark didn’t take up the option for him hence they were plain Master and Miss. (Louise and James are entitled to use the Prince/ess but Edward and Sophie elected to style them as the children of an Earl … but they could start to be called that at any time)

I understood that Charles would have to issue new letters patent to amend the one from George V … like the Queen did when Kate was pregnant with George, when it was changed to say that all children of direct heir are styled Prince/ess rather than just the first born son … and he couldn’t do that until he is King, so still up in the air?

Phillips send off while grand compared to the average person was no where near what it should have been due to Covid. I’m glad she will get the send off she deserves
But actually probably the one Philip would have preferred.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
i just popped to sainsburys after the school run and honestly the atmosphere was so strange, it was almost eerie, so quiet and people seemed so sad.

Reactions: 5
I think in an odd way, the fact we now have a King so it will be very different is a good thing somehow. Rather than just continuing, it keeps everything separate and special.
I agree. I also think he will receive alot of input from Prince William.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.