The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this is key for me. Out leaders have been woeful for a very long time, self serving, duplicitous and in some cases, downright dumb. A
Agree. I'm not a Monarchist but when you look at how stupid and self serving our politicians are, trying to alienate our allies, starting pointless fights with the French, Ireland and the EU, it really demonstrates the regard The Queen was held when the Elysee Palace and other places were dedicated to her. SHE showed, along with her Jubilee that we are more than our useless politicians.

Reactions: 15
Every time I see the clip of Paddington saying ‘Thank You for everything’, I get really emotional

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I don’t think anyone could fill her shoes but I think he will be a good King.
I think in an odd way, the fact we now have a King so it will be very different is a good thing somehow. Rather than just continuing, it keeps everything separate and special.

Reactions: 14
I have cried more in the hour and a bit I've been awake this morning than i did last night.
Day 1 of mourning. Still doesn't feel real

Hope my work colleagues go easy on me today as I'm a red eyed snotty mess 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Every time I see the clip of Paddington saying ‘Thank You for everything’, I get really emotional
Me too! I've teared up twice this morning and both times it's been Paddington thanking the Queen.

Reactions: 13
It was the flag lowering that I won’t forget. I knew it was coming but that triggered me
Yes me too. There was a shot of that then Huw announced it, although as we said, I think it was clear they all knew before they could announce it to us.

I really feel it for her children and the rest of the family.

For us as well, so much has been unsettling over the past few years and she has just always been there, kind and calm and always fulfilling her duties.
So many changes in the world.

Reactions: 13
I'm so glad I have a half day on Fridays, can't concentrate on anything this morning. Think I'm going to spend the afternoon watching this, which I was delighted to find on YouTube - my parents recorded it on VHS 30 years ago when it was first broadcast, but that tape is long gone and I have very fond memories of watching it.

Reactions: 6
If you have kids in school just check if they are in . Apparently one local school has closed today. my kids schools are in though

Reactions: 3
Anyone know what time the royal train gets in to Kings cross? I need to go there to get home might need to think of other options

I do think this is a huge turning point. She is the one constant that most of us have had for our whole lifetime. A reign like this we will never see again.

I’m so glad we got to celebrate her Jubilee earlier in the year.

Reactions: 18
Have they said when the funeral is ? I really would like to watch it but think I’ll be working 😢

Reactions: 1
Have they said when the funeral is ? I really would like to watch it but think I’ll be working 😢
Last night I read Monday the 19th. This was from a local newspaper on Facebook though. Ten days from today is actually Sunday the 18th though. I suppose given how she’s died in Scotland there is extra protocol to follow and will alter the timeline.

I don’t think Charles will waste any time kicking Andrew out of public sight once and for all and probably Harry. I think her death, although inevitable, has been sudden for the family. The fallout from this within the family will be brutal I think. Harry’s warts and all memoir is due out soon, I wonder if it will ever make the book shelves .
If it does, then I think him and Meghan will be finished as far as the majority of the UK go and possibly the Royal family too.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.