The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah. This year, I've been close to losing my mum and I know her time is coming. It's all a bit raw. We had a scare at her care home last night , which turned out ok but she's scared as she knows she's very ill. As her only child, it's been very harrowing and I have empathy for the Queen's family because, despite all their screw-ups, they've had her as a constant for all those decades.

Based upon what others have been saying about losing loved ones, when my father was alive he always said that he always hated his own family tradition of relatives gathering round the bedside as a family member was dying. He would dutifully be there when he knew one of them was on their way but found it a little ghoulish. During our final visit to him (in nursing care), I had a sense something was imminent but he didn't pass away until mum and I had left for the night. That was what he wanted, I'm sure. We went and sat with him for a couple of hours after he'd gone, while waiting for the undertaker. It was a beautiful, sunny morning and it was a relief to finally see him at peace after so much suffering, which he'd endured very stoically.
I’m sorry to hear this and I’m sure that your mum is finding comfort in you at the moment. I will think of you and your family 🤍

my nan was similar to you dad and waited until we wasn’t in the room with her when she decided it was time to leave, we also spent the morning with her and it was a beautiful peaceful morning. That gave me great comfort as she had been poorly for a while, I just remember her looking so peaceful.

Sending you so much love 💞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Waiting for the lickspittles and their inevitable whinging that we can’t afford a state funeral during a cost of living crisis etc 🙄
Rationing didn’t end in Britain until 1954. They managed a Royal Wedding in 1947 a State Funeral in 1952 and a Spectacular Coronation in 1953. After 6 years of war and loss the British still managed this. Surely the Queen deserves a funeral befitting of her 70 year reign.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm an American and I and everyone I know is mourning with you all in the UK. RIP Her Majesty, may she be with her beloved Prince Philip now, and hearing the words, "well done, thou good and faithful servant." Sending lots of love and sympathy to the UK Tattlers and all who are in mourning.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Long time lurker but I wanted to post to echo the sentiment felt by so many others on this forum. I am currently alone in hospital on a covid ward with no visitors and this news hit me like a tonne of bricks and reading everyone’s thoughts all afternoon before and then following the news provided me with such comfort and a safe space to be sad and feel this huge incredible loss so thank you all for that. I’m hesitant to post this but yesterday I had a fever dream of sorts (in and out of feeling exhausted from all the medical tests and headaches) of a nurse knocking on my door and telling me the Queen had died so when I saw the news that drs were concerned about her today I immediately felt sick to my stomach with worry. Can’t stop crying about it and feel like I should be waking up from this all being a horrid dream to be honest! Yes, it was inevitable someday but even after such a long glorious reign this still feels too soon - but I suppose it always would have.
Get well soon Cherrytea 🙏👍💖

I can't sleep so have been watching wonderful footage on the TV - old film footage of the Queen and Prince Phillip, their travels around the World. Has been wonderful to watch.

We spent the day with my FIL on Monday - an early call from the nursing home to say "come soon". We left at 8pm, as the nursing staff felt it may be longer than first thought - we would go back first thing next morning - he passed at 10pm. It was typical of him - would never be told, and always went his own way 😊☺. I can't help think he wanted me to stop talking - I've had to try and see the humour. I hope the Queen was able to be where she wanted to be at the end.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m sorry to hear this and I’m sure that your mum is finding comfort in you at the moment. I will think of you and your family 🤍

my nan was similar to you dad and waited until we wasn’t in the room with her when she decided it was time to leave, we also spent the morning with her and it was a beautiful peaceful morning. That gave me great comfort as she had been poorly for a while, I just remember her looking so peaceful.

Sending you so much love 💞
Thank you so much x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It feels like we've been orphaned as a nation.
(If that makes sense) such a weird feeling.

😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Long time lurker but I wanted to post to echo the sentiment felt by so many others on this forum. I am currently alone in hospital on a covid ward with no visitors and this news hit me like a tonne of bricks and reading everyone’s thoughts all afternoon before and then following the news provided me with such comfort and a safe space to be sad and feel this huge incredible loss so thank you all for that. I’m hesitant to post this but yesterday I had a fever dream of sorts (in and out of feeling exhausted from all the medical tests and headaches) of a nurse knocking on my door and telling me the Queen had died so when I saw the news that drs were concerned about her today I immediately felt sick to my stomach with worry. Can’t stop crying about it and feel like I should be waking up from this all being a horrid dream to be honest! Yes, it was inevitable someday but even after such a long glorious reign this still feels too soon - but I suppose it always would have.
@cherrytea You are not alone with your sadness about our Queen.
Hope you make a speedy recovery & feel better soon.

Yes probably just feels sad to think she was alone without her children although as a mother you wouldn't want your children there would you.
Early news reports that Charles & Anne were by her side as she died.

Reactions: 11
Republic put out a classy statement
94566FCF-2852-48B8-A0F7-7E06A7878F4C.jpeg

Kabul Small Animal Rescue also put out a statement and used this photo which I haven’t seen before
8AE92150-F1C6-41EE-9054-88C0CEF9EDAA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Not sure if this was posted already but a lovely message from the Queen of Denmark to The King ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Not sure if this was posted already but a lovely message from the Queen of Denmark to The King ❤
Queen Margrethe and the Queen were very close friends - I believe they used their nicknames for each other (Daisy and Lilibet) when they spoke.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t believe she is because Charles was born in November 1958 and this was most likely taken in April 1957. She also made her famous speech where she committed her life to the country and commonwealth. Either way I love seeing candid photos of people, especially when you often only see their polished personas.

Harrods main page has this:
View attachment 1565

Passed this on my way to work this morning.
There’s was some like this in Manchester late last night. i Just fell all horrible , i Mean at 2pm when they took normal tv shows of we all knew it was coming , but it still came as a shock

Reactions: 5
There’s was some like this in Manchester late last night. i Just fell all horrible , i Mean at 2pm when they took normal tv shows of we all knew it was coming , but it still came as a shock
It was the flag lowering that I won’t forget. I knew it was coming but that triggered me

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As soon as I was awake this morning I had the bbc news coverage on. Had a little cry seeing all the mementous occassions and photos throughout the years. She was such a beautiful lady.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve woken up today feeling really sad; I’m surprised by how sad I feel. I am a royalist through and through but I can’t say her passing was a great shock to me. I am just reminded of what a great woman she was. The photo montages of her are wonderful. She was a beautiful woman.

One thing that really clutched at my heart yesterday was seeing Prince William driving Edward, Sophie and Andrew into Balmoral. Im pretty sure they could’ve been driven in separate cars and by chauffeurs or whatever but seeing him do it was the mark of the man he is. I’m aware this might sound corny and I don’t think I’ve explained it well, but there you go.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Did anyone else have that weird feeling this morning where you briefly think everything is ok and then you remember what’s happened? Seeing the outpouring of love and respect has me blubbing all over again, especially the gestures you didn’t expect like the cabbies lining the Mall and the spontaneous applause and cheers outside Buckingham Palace. Hope everyone is ok; bracing myself for a very strange few days/weeks ahead ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Morning everyone ❤

I have just rewatched the platinum jubilee balcony moment and the rendition of God Save the Queen and it really struck me that we do not have a Queen any more and will not see another for a very long time. Very poignant.

Also as she stood there in her vibrant green outfit I thought oh no, no more lovely colours and outfits to spot when she’s out or at events. There’s only so many suits Charles will be in and it’s not the same as the queens many lovely outfits!

Those are my very odd thoughts this morning, and also feeling that the hearts of the royal family will be very heavy this morning. Feeling for everyone. Still a very strange feeling.

I think the first sight of the coffin will be hugely emotional.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.