The Royal Family #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They will surely be waiting for William, Harry and Meghan to arrive as they’ve just said on bbc that they’re on their way.
Doubt they’d be waiting for Meghan. Has she no shame after trashing the family? Rushing to Balmoral but never bothered with her own father. Disgusting hypocrites.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
one liz in, one liz out! she is either holding on by a thread or has already passed and they are just waiting to announce it especially seeing as BBC has cleared the schedule for today. Sad really, she hasn’t been the same since Phillip died.

Reactions: 7
Where did you see this? I don’t buy that the BBC would wait for 6pm if the Queen has indeed died. They will announce as soon as the Palace does.

The last time a monarch died was 1952, and even then it took less than four hours for the news to hit the media.
I read, that if the queen passes during the night. The announcement would come at 8am 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I bought this off Etsy after the Jubilee. I’ve still not got a frame for it but put it on my mantle piece anyway. And now I need tissues 😭
DF9E39CF-65C0-4783-BAE2-3BBF90A915A0.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
Not a royalist but this is so sad. Part of me feels like she's already gone too and they're waiting for everyone to be present before they release the news to the masses. :(

Reactions: 13
I don’t think she’s already gone but I think they’ve been told she won’t make it through the night. I think we can be almost certain that we will wake up in the morning to King Charles.

Reactions: 14
Local purveyors of flowers, candles and cuddly toys are smiling through their pain.
I hope there’s no Scottish men that way who’ve rowed with their partner this afternoon and were planning on getting her some flowers on the way home from work…

Reactions: 6
Where did you see this? I don’t buy that the BBC would wait for 6pm if the Queen has indeed died. They will announce as soon as the Palace does.

The last time a monarch died was 1952, and even then it took less than four hours for the news to hit the media.
If she has already passed I think they’re waiting for all of the family members who are travelling to arrive before they announce it.
I’m sure I’ve heard that announcements can come at any time during the day, but if she passes in the evening or at night they would wait until the following morning to announce it.

All the reporters keep pausing, I expect they’re being fed all sorts of things through their earpieces

Reactions: 11
I’m in Aberdeen and the local unofficial news FB page (Fubar) are saying they have a photo of Kate at Aberdeen Airport today but aren’t posting it out of respect.
I didn't think the news has said anything about Kate going, I assumed she'd be waiting for the kids to finish school so they at least have some normality on what's a big day for them, then is likely to travel up this afternoon.

It is so very sad. Of course she looked frail this week greeting Liz but you wouldn’t have thought 2 days later we would be in this situation.

For all those worrying about the actual announcement. There will be some warning before the announcement. They will play the news theme tune and then do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I imagine protocol means Meghan has to go. This isn’t really about her. Folk need to sit down about all that.

Which has been the problem all along as far as I can make out. Duty first and foremost.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.