The Royal Family #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nicholas Witchell on BBC keeps sighing deeply as though he’s struggling to keep it together. They are also speaking slowly, pausing, as though concentrating they don’t say anything that will let us know she’s passed already.
I thought he had been crying when he first came on

Reactions: 5
What is the significance of the barriers? Sorry, unsure on this! Is this for press etc?

Reactions: 1
I like Queen Elizabeth only. I don’t want Charles on the bank notes! I don’t like William either! And I’m not the only one that thinks this! This is going to be bad for the royal family good luck to them!

Reactions: 4
Will a flag be flown at half mast when if she dies maybe?
Not the royal standard, no … because we will still have a monarch
Her personal standard will be and the Union flags.
The standard at Buck House will be of which ever is the senior royal in residence, I think (or non at all?)

Reactions: 3
I was convinced the protocol was for a 3pm announcement but I must be getting muddled up with the time for her xmas speech

Anyone else getting zero work done??

Reactions: 11
ooft it's not exactly surprising, she is 96 and has had a tough couple of years, but now that it is here (and I think it is) it's just so surreal, don't think there will be another like her again ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
What a sad sad day this will be if it’s actually happened. I think it must have for them all to have dropped everything and gone to Balmoral. Massively unsettling, I don’t think this country is prepared at all for not having the Queen, the one constant in all our lives. Say what you want about the royal family as an establishment, but she as an individual has done everything asked of her and more for pretty much her whole life. Bless her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I was convinced the protocol was for a 3pm announcement but I must be getting muddled up with the time for her xmas speech

Yes me I've got jobs to do but just can't turn the TV off 😪

• Sad
Reactions: 7

I think it may be 6pm from what I’ve read, and yep, 0 work being done here. I feel very sad about it and I didn’t expect that I would.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.