The Royal Family #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't Huw Edwards announce the QM death? And he got a load of criticism for wearing a maroon tie rather than a black one

Reactions: 2
It is so very sad. Of course she looked frail this week greeting Liz but you wouldn’t have thought 2 days later we would be in this situation.
At this age things really can happen very quickly. It’s why it feels like such a shock even though in theory her death shouldn’t be “shocking” if you get me.

Reactions: 10
Sounded like Huw’s voice nearly cracked then.

I thought as soon as the news started to break they need to bring in Huw to guide us through this.

I keep having a little cry - never thought this would upset me.

Reactions: 8
bbc just referred to wondering what the cause is as “mobility issues wouldn’t end a life”,

Reactions: 7
I was only watching the bit in The Crown where the old King dies last night

god this just made me well up! I’m pregnant and hormonal but still…

I text some friends but I just don’t feel they’re appreciating how huge this is/will be. Yes of course she is 96 andno one lives forever butwhat a change and end of an era

Reactions: 12
Struggling with this today. My parents (who live far away from me) have not been doing well this year, my dad is now in a care home and I had news last night that my mum was rushed to hospital on Tuesday, her health has not been good so I've been waiting on news all day. Have just about been keeping it together but this has sent me over the edge, don't think I'll get any more work done today!

Like others here, I'm not a royalist but have massive respect for the queen and she's been there all my life so this feels like a big moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Doubt they’d be waiting for Meghan. Has she no shame after trashing the family? Rushing to Balmoral but never bothered with her own father. Disgusting hypocrites.
No they won’t be waiting specifically for Meghan but she is with Harry so presume an announcement would be made once they are all there🙄

Reactions: 6

I thought as soon as the news started to break they need to bring in Huw to guide us through this.

Huw’s voice to me is “royal” he has commentated on so many major royal events that whenever I hear it I know I’m watching something historical.

Reactions: 13

i thought the same about his voice just now

Reactions: 5
I think the 6pm idea might be that Prince Charles would make a speech at 6pm the evening after HM death? Can you imagine having to do that the evening after your mother's passing? Dreadful.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
There will be some warning before the announcement. They will play the news theme tune and then do it.
When Diana died the ITV newsreader knew of her death as he read the teleprompter. This is different I know but I don’t think they’ll keep us waiting too long as there’ll be leaks. I think once the family have all arrived they will make an announcement

Reactions: 3
Why 6pm why is that protocol? I don't get it
It isn’t 🤷‍♀️

Not being snarky to you btw, but I think this is just an unsubstantiated rumour being presented as fact. No way would an announcement be delayed for the evening news. Not in this world of 24 hour rolling news.

Reactions: 7
Were Harry & Meghan in Manchester still? Would take around 4 hours as they will have to change trains in Edinburgh.
I don't know if this was intentionally meant to be funny but honestly made me laugh out loud, thankyou for some light relief amongst the sombre news.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.