The Royal Family #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I so feel for her family right now. She's been such a matriarch of their family so so many years. Quite aside form her public role, it is clear she is a a mother and grandmother and great-grandmother who is very beloved.

(okay, so I'm struggling to feel for Andrew quite as much as the others. 😬)
Ah, it doesn’t matter how old you are … it’s still your mum and they were close.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Are the newsreaders wearing black? I’m at work and can’t check.
Every time they cut back Huw Edward’s seems to be wearing more black than before. I swear he was wearing a blue tie about half an hour ago…

Reactions: 5
Sky showing live footage from outside Buckingham Palace, not sure why they would a camera there on standby, does anyone know?
As soon as the announcement goes out, someone will come out of the palace to pin a notice to the gates. So possibly for that.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Bringing out fencing, I think they are preparing for the onslaught of mourners outside the gates once it’s announced. Another reason why they will wait till the family all arrive safely. I don’t think they will announce it till later on

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hugh Edwards is in black and just seen them putting out the barriers, so it's only a matter of time for the sad announcement.

• Sad
Watching BBC just now 💔
I think it’s just a matter of time. The Queen is a constant that we have had in a lot of our lives. I admire our Queen so much but really didn’t think I’d feel so upset

Oh heck Meghan’s on her way. That won’t be too good for the Queen’s health if she’s still with us. She should’ve stayed away. SHE has caused most of this. duck off Meghan, we don’t want you!!!
Honestly, don’t be so melodramatic. What a ridiculous thing to say.
Meghan maybe responsible for a lot of things, but it’s not her fault the queen is 96 and it’s certainly not her fault the queen appears to be on her way out.

Reactions: 33
Nicholas Witchell on BBC keeps sighing deeply as though he’s struggling to keep it together. They are also speaking slowly, pausing, as though concentrating they don’t say anything that will let us know she’s passed already.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Regardless of what goes on in the family, it’s their mum / granny.

Thankful that when my granny passed we weren’t in the papers as there was all sorts of family drama and nonsense going on but it all just fades into the background eventually.

I do feel for them all actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.