The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, if you are in it, you probably don't know any different. Kates family come from a background where they can see the privileges the RF have. How many people really gave a choice in what they do? Choices depend on opportunities. The Royals can choose what they want to do, because they can go to Cambridge despite mediocre A Level results like Charles, get some teacher to do their coursework for them like Harry, walk into dome plush job with 200 days holiday a year like Beatrice. That's quite attractive. I do think Charlite and Louis should not be working Royals and should be told so from now, because it is a toxic system to have them being effectively more and more useless as time goes on.
It’s a strange mix of freedom and restriction, isnt it.

I remember the furore when Edward decided that a Military life wasn’t for him (which actually must have taken great strength of character)… how could the child of the Monarch not want to serve their country and have access to the biggest, shiniest dressing up box ever!? Especially when there is his brother as a shining beacon of military service.

Fast forward 30odd years and I doubt you would find many prepared to say that a stint in the navy made Andrew a ‘better’ royal.

Her uncle in an interview also referred to her as Kate. Personally I see it no difference to someone called Kate putting Catherine on their CV when applying for a job or somesuch.
I know someone who called their daughter Catherine (this is going back 40 or so years) because it could be friendly and approachable (Cate). Be Cathy for family and as a little girl and then Catherine when she grew up and wanted to be professional. She’s now 40 and Cath to everybody.

Reactions: 7
Figuring out what to do with your life is fun too though. I'm not saying they're not massively privileged - they are - but it's not a walk in the park by any means and the closer you are to the throne the worse it seems to be to my way of thinking. Eugenie and Beatrice don't have to figure out what to do with their lives either but they could go off and do whatever they wanted if the felt like it. Zara was free to follow her passion for horses. I'd hate it for my child anyway.
Yes they are privileged, and yes it must be hard in some respects to grow up with such strong expectations of how you are going to behave and the job/work you are going to need to do.
Except this is true for so many children and young people. Choices can often be limited by family, background and income, especially now, with financial restraints so powerful.
A lot of media and creative jobs need candidates to have done an unpaid internship to get experience. How many young people from poorer families can afford an unpaid internship, let alone a degree!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Was watching You Tube whilst having breakfast and this popped up - at the end they were concerned about Charles hands and I thought wow wonder what condition is causing that? Is it his heart?
Next thing I watched was about eyebrows. Who knew you needed eyebrow scissors and an eyebrow razor! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Was watching You Tube whilst having breakfast and this popped up - at the end they were concerned about Charles hands and I thought wow wonder what condition is causing that? Is it his heart?
Next thing I watched was about eyebrows. Who knew you needed eyebrow scissors and an eyebrow razor! 😁
I font know what it is with American women being obsessed with fake babies! I suspect much of the danger to those kids is from those nutjobs who think the children are fake, or borrowed or whatever other bollocks they waste their time making youtube videos of. It's the same with kids of dome actors. Benedict Cumberbatch particularly. I think it's the same women too who go from one fake baby conspiracy to another!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I font know what it is with American women being obsessed with fake babies! I suspect much of the danger to those kids is from those nutjobs who think the children are fake, or borrowed or whatever other bollocks they waste their time making youtube videos of. It's the same with kids of dome actors. Benedict Cumberbatch particularly. I think it's the same women too who go from one fake baby conspiracy to another!
Thingumabob from One Direction as well. Didn’t some of his ‘fans’ threaten to overturn the kids pushchair should they ever stumble across them in the street to prove it was a robobaby?

I am rather taken with the fact that Mrs Benedict seems to be a cross between Auric Goldfinger and George Smiley. That’s a skill set.

(Although they do seem to follow the same script line … poor innocent icckle man, blinded by the hypnoboobies of a screaming female, forced into marriage, made to pretend a raft of animatronic babies are real humans, consent to be only allowed out for high days and holidays while said female plots world domination … which only they are clever enough to have figured out

There used to be a thread on Digital Spy called something like ‘Larries and other tin hats’ which was a cracking read 🍿).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
In regards to Prince John, he made regular appearances with his family until his 11th birthday when his condition, epilepsy, became too severe. Unfortunately back in the 1900s, epilepsy was poorly understood and nearly everyone who had it as severe as John, if they couldn’t be cared for at home, ended up moving to a mental hospital for the rest of their life. When reading about John I have read one of his grandmothers kept a garden especially for him on the Sandringham Estate. Also his mother let local children befriend him which was against Royal protocol at the time. After his death one of the children, Winifred Thomas, was given a number of John's books, which Queen Mary had inscribed, “In memory of our dear little Prince.”
It seems that quite a few of the family were sympathetic to John, apart from Prince Edward who described him as an animal and said his death was “little more than a regrettable nuisance”. He also wrote a hateful letter to Queen Mary which has since been lost. What a prized dick he was.
Makes me shudder to think how british media and royal watchers would react to a high ranking royal kid with disability.

Reactions: 6
Makes me shudder to think how british media and royal watchers would react to a high ranking royal kid with disability.
I would hope nowadays we would be more sympathetic but then I remember that person who really dislikes Meghan and created that cartoon about George, Gary something? He was making fun of Louise’s eye condition and so were his fans.
I don’t think it would be as bad as it was back in Prince John’s era but it wouldn’t be perfect.
I’m not sure if there is a high ranking royal/royal child in foreign royal families who has a disability. Would be interesting to see how they are treated by the public.

He has rosacea which can affect hands but not sure if that’s the case with Charles.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Why did William refer her to as Kate then?

There's no way she went through all of uni being called Catherine
Why not, I was at secondary school with a Catherine and she was never shortened.

Reactions: 1
Her mum had one at around the same age so its likely. Still pretty risky to have a GE in your 90’s though.
They tend to do hip replacements with a spinal anaesthetic nowadays, so you’re awake while it’s done. Two of my relatives had it done that way but admittedly they weren’t as old as the Queen.

Reactions: 2
I’m not surprised about this. I try hard not to be sycophantic about anyone - especially royalty - but I help out with Caritas Westminster sometimes at their night shelters and feeding points for the local homeless community.

They work closely with The Passage, the homeless charity located in the shadow of Westminster Cathedral.

Two of the times I’ve been on duty Prince William has been there too, being comfortably ordered around by a matriarch like goddess of a West Indian lady who has apparently known Prince William since he was a teenager and gave him lots of kisses and pinched his cheeks.

I was too chicken/busy to say anything to him, however, he seemed to work hard and was lovely to the clients, most of whom seemed oblivious to who he was.

I’m sure lots of people do ‘a lot of great work for charidee and don’t like to talk about it,’ but one of the nights I was on I saw him asked to mop up an unfortunate and smelly ‘incident’ and he just got on with it. He also got ticked off by a clueless member of the public for ‘encouraging vagrancy’ by helping out and he gave them a right look. A sound person, I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I’m not surprised about this. I try hard not to be sycophantic about anyone - especially royalty - but I help out with Caritas Westminster sometimes at their night shelters and feeding points for the local homeless community.

They work closely with The Passage, the homeless charity located in the shadow of Westminster Cathedral.

Two of the times I’ve been on duty Prince William has been there too, being comfortably ordered around by a matriarch like goddess of a West Indian lady who has apparently known Prince William since he was a teenager and gave him lots of kisses and pinched his cheeks.

I was too chicken/busy to say anything to him, however, he seemed to work hard and was lovely to the clients, most of whom seemed oblivious to who he was.

I’m sure lots of people do ‘a lot of great work for charidee and don’t like to talk about it,’ but one of the nights I was on I saw him asked to mop up an unfortunate and smelly ‘incident’ and he just got on with it. He also got ticked off by a clueless member of the public for ‘encouraging vagrancy’ by helping out and he gave them a right look. A sound person, I think.

People who are really charitable don't brag about it e.g. Jeremy Beadle, George Michael and now William from what you're saying. 👍

Reactions: 14
I know I shouldn’t laugh, but the though of William with a card machine just tickled me somehow.

• Haha
Sounds like this was supposed to be under the radar but he was spotted by the guy on the left. Credit to him!

From the comments:

I think Lili was waiting for them on their doorstep in a box. She didn't come in time for the trip. When they got back, they set her up in a hurry and took the picture. It just looks too perfect to be real

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I would hope nowadays we would be more sympathetic but then I remember that person who really dislikes Meghan and created that cartoon about George, Gary something? He was making fun of Louise’s eye condition and so were his fans.
I don’t think it would be as bad as it was back in Prince John’s era but it wouldn’t be perfect.
I’m not sure if there is a high ranking royal/royal child in foreign royal families who has a disability. Would be interesting to see how they are treated by the public.

He has rosacea which can affect hands but not sure if that’s the case with Charles.
Beatrice has dyslexia and Eugenie of course had scoliosis which limits her activities with her rods in her back. I don’t recall anything about Beatrice but that would have been kept between the school and family until she chose to reveal it, and Eugenie's major operation was treated with sympathy (whoever you are, it would be terrifying for parents to have your child undergo such a long and delicate operation and be in intensive care). William of Gloucester had porphyria but I doubt that it was made public and he died at 30 in an air accident before any major effect on his life from the illness.

Last edited:
  • Haha
From the comments:

I think Lili was waiting for them on their doorstep in a box. She didn't come in time for the trip. When they got back, they set her up in a hurry and took the picture. It just looks too perfect to be real

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Beatrice has dyslexia and Eugenie of course had scoliosis which limits her activities with her rods in her back. I don’t recall anything about Beatrice but that would have been kept between the school and family until she chose to reveal it, and Eugenie's major operation was treated with sympathy (whoever you are, it would be terrifying for parents to have your child undergo such a long and delicate operation and be in intensive care). William of Gloucester had porphyria but I doubt that it was made public and he died at 30 in an air accident before any major effect on his life from the illness.
Wondered what you were on about re Lili but have now twigged. 🙄 Sounds like I should read more comments as there are some hilarious ones out there. 😁

Beatrice has dyslexia and Eugenie of course had scoliosis which limits her activities with her rods in her back. I don’t recall anything about Beatrice but that would have been kept between the school and family until she chose to reveal it, and Eugenie's major operation was treated with sympathy (whoever you are, it would be terrifying for parents to have your child undergo such a long and delicate operation and be in intensive care).
I think there are some medical issues which are more socially acceptable - for instance lots of people in this country have dyslexia and Eugenie’s condition was easily corrected by surgery and we (the public) don’t see the after effects this has on her. I think if there was a noticeable deformity or noticeable mental health issue then I think people would be more unkind.

Reactions: 8
I think there are some medical issues which are more socially acceptable - for instance lots of people in this country have dyslexia and Eugenie’s condition was easily corrected by surgery and we (the public) don’t see the after effects this has on her. I think if there was a noticeable deformity or noticeable mental health issue then I think people would be more unkind.
Mind you, I don't remember seeing anything but sympathy for the Duchess of Kent after she had mental health problems after a late perimenopause pregnancy ended in stillbirth (Lord Patrick Windsor) and a previous pregnancy had to be terminated for medical reasons. It was known that Lady Helen and the Queen both gave her considerable support during this time which led to her conversion to Roman Catholicism and then to her withdrawal from royal life. She has remained in the public affection.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I do find the stories and theories that the Sussex children are dolls quite bizarre.

It was one of reasons I don't post in the H&M thread. It's wild in there. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.