The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems leaving the Royal Family can be problematic in many ways. I was watching an Edward and Wallace documentary and it seemed he felt adrift and without any purpose when he abdicated. Now I know it's different for Harry as he was not a future King but he grew up in the rigid structure of the Royal Family and now he has to ee create a life outside of it. He seems like he is adrift but he may of course in time find a cause or pursuit he is interested in.
The problem is he hasn't found anything which would generate enough income for the lifestyle they want.

I dunno perhaps RF should agree to fund them for another 2 years? Trouble is that could go on forever

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The problem is he hasn't found anything which would generate enough income for the lifestyle they want.

I dunno perhaps RF should agree to fund them for another 2 years? Trouble is that could go on forever
Neither have I. Who knew I had anything in common with Prince Harry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Why should they? He’s a 30-something year old father of two who inherited millions from his mother and Meghan I’m sure is well off too. If they can’t make it work that’s their problem.

Reactions: 28
He said he wasn't keen on England before he met her. I don't think the consequences of leaving really hit him though
Surely he must feel bad about the loss of a relationship with his family? He always seemed to get on well with William and Kate, and Zara and the others. He was close to his dad and grandparents. There must be a distance between them now, physically and emotionally. I know families don’t always get on, and you don’t always have close relationships with them, but everything we saw of them before made it look like they were happy in each other’s company and now it’s all so cold.

Reactions: 6
It seems leaving the Royal Family can be problematic in many ways. I was watching an Edward and Wallace documentary and it seemed he felt adrift and without any purpose when he abdicated. Now I know it's different for Harry as he was not a future King but he grew up in the rigid structure of the Royal Family and now he has to re create a life outside of it. He seems like he is adrift but he may of course in time find a cause or pursuit he is interested in.
Unfortunately life in the Royal Family doesn’t seem to set you up for anything more job wise than wearing the snazzy uniform du jour, shaking hands, general charity work, feigning interesting a variety of subjects and a bit of light waving. It’s not a CV that slips readily into civilian life.

Reactions: 5
Why should they? He’s a 30-something year old father of two who inherited millions from his mother and Meghan I’m sure is well off too. If they can’t make it work that’s their problem.
He feels entitled and doesn't know how to fend for himself

Reactions: 14
Sort of. After all Anne & Edward are still supporting. I could see Charlotte in a similar role to Anne under William. By the time George becomes King he would most likely have children of his own and they then might be pushed aside. Only time could tell... After all Harry would have had a role if he hadn't "megxited."
Then that's not scaled back at all. Unless Charlotte and Louis are non working Royals, it's the same as it is now, with the children of the Monarch all doing Royal ' work' and dependent on us. It really should only be the monarch heir and his dependent children. The Cambridge children will all get the best education money can buy. The ones not destined to be Head of State should be expected to find their own paths.

Reactions: 8
Surely he must feel bad about the loss of a relationship with his family? He always seemed to get on well with William and Kate, and Zara and the others. He was close to his dad and grandparents. There must be a distance between them now, physically and emotionally. I know families don’t always get on, and you don’t always have close relationships with them, but everything we saw of them before made it look like they were happy in each other’s company and now it’s all so cold.
Don't think he had thought about it prior to this took them for granted

Reactions: 5
Issue is to stamp out misogyny (if we can?!). Anne has done pretty well. Zara too.

Meghan not so great as she's built a career as being a sex kitten and being indulged. Catherine just wants a quiet life doing what she does, and being a mother and wife.
I'm sorry, but what? There's so much wrong with this statement.

We're talking about stamping out misogyny but then you call Meghan a 'sex kitten'? The very term is demeaning and anti-feminist and is a manifestation of internalised misogyny. And also, on what basis is she a sex kitten...a burger ad? According to wikipedia, "A sex kitten is a woman who exhibits a sexually provocative lifestyle or an abundant sexual aggression." Where is the evidence of that? Can the same be applied to Kate who was happy to model in her underwear at school and was known for mooning boys at Marlborough College?

Also, it's nice that Kate just wants to be a wife and mother but it sounds slighlty problematic as her husband is going to be the future Head of State so she needs to do a little more than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think the close relationship with William was as much a PR construct as a lot of other stuff. It’s pretty well documented that they had spectacular fall outs and went months’ without speaking even before Meghan came on the scene.

Reactions: 9
Unfortunately life in the Royal Family doesn’t seem to set you up for anything more job wise than wearing the snazzy uniform du jour, shaking hands, general charity work, feigning interesting a variety of subjects and a bit of light waving. It’s not a CV that slips readily into civilian life.
Zara, Peter and the York girls all have jobs. The European Royals have pared down their Monarchies so only the heirs have Royal titles. The second in line is always problematic because they are destined to just sit around with no real purpose apart from be a support to their sibling, then when the sibling has children they aren't even needed for that anymore. Apart from anything else, it's a terrible way to treat people.

Reactions: 6
I'm sorry, but what? There's so much wrong with this statement.

We're talking about stamping out misogyny but then you call Meghan a 'sex kitten'? The very term is demeaning and anti-feminist and is a manifestation of internalised misogyny. And also, on what basis is she a sex kitten...a burger ad? According to wikipedia, "A sex kitten is a woman who exhibits a sexually provocative lifestyle or an abundant sexual aggression." Where is the evidence of that? Can the same be applied to Kate who was happy to model in her underwear at school and was known for mooning boys at Marlborough College?

Also, it's nice that Kate just wants to be a wife and mother but it sounds slighlty problematic as her husband is going to be the future Head of State so she needs to do a little more than that.
You're talking about one time at uni where she modelled clothes for her friend to raise money for charity?

I'm not saying anything is wrong with Meghan's career but she has earnt money through being sexualised. She was in suits. I'm not criticising her for that but this was hardly acting.

And suits ordered the cast to get involved with charity work to raise the show's profile, so...

She doesn't strike me as being a feminist or someone to aspire to. She came to England and wanted to marry a rich British man. Job done. Doesn't mean she is horrible on that basis.

Can you please tell me how you see her?

I think the close relationship with William was as much a PR construct as a lot of other stuff. It’s pretty well documented that they had spectacular fall outs and went months’ without speaking even before Meghan came on the scene.
What, like a lot of couples?

Zara, Peter and the York girls all have jobs. The European Royals have pared down their Monarchies so only the heirs have Royal titles. The second in line is always problematic because they are destined to just sit around with no real purpose apart from be a support to their sibling, then when the sibling has children they aren't even needed for that anymore. Apart from anything else, it's a terrible way to treat people.
The Spare is a terribly outdated concept and actually quite cruel. They can’t do anything ‘just in case’ but when they start the slip down the pecking order are just expected the tootle off and shift for themselves. The last 3 have struggled terribly.

Maybe the best thing for Charlotte and Louis would be an acceptance that they start living their own life and preparing for not being a working royal sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 10
The Spare is a terribly outdated concept and actually quite cruel. They can’t do anything ‘just in case’ but when they start the slip down the pecking order are just expected the tootle off and shift for themselves. The last 3 have struggled terribly.

Maybe the best thing for Charlotte and Louis would be an acceptance that they start living their own life and preparing for not being a working royal sooner rather than later.
That's what they are working towards. Harry's too old, they'll have to support him to some extent

Reactions: 1
As a non-british, the whole concept of monarchy nowadays is rather bizarre but fascinating.

Love this smile exchanged between the Queen and George.
Screenshot_20220605-211932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: 7
One of the aspects of the Royal Family I really dislike over the years is how so many of them plead poverty. Well they don't use those terms but it comes across that way.Whether it's Sarah Ferguson and her profligate spending and then crying that she didn't get a good divorce settlement, or Princess Michael of Kent saying she could have married a rich man but she didn't and therefore is not doing well. Harry and his disbelief that his father wouldn't be paying his bills in his 30s. Its like they have to mention there lack of money. I often wondered why they do this and whether its some attempt at cos play on their part.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
One of the aspects of the Royal Family I really dislike over the years is how so many of them plead poverty. Well they don't use those terms but it comes across that way.Whether it's Sarah Ferguson and her profligate spending and then crying that she didn't get a good divorce settlement, or Princess Michael of Kent saying she could have married a rich man but she didn't and therefore is not doing well. Harry and his disbelief that his father wouldn't be paying his bills in his 30s. Its like they have to mention there lack of money. I often wondered why they do this and whether its some attempt at cos play on their part.
Yeah it's really discordant. I was told Mike Tindall was saying something recently about his kids' lunches!

There isn't any chance any of them would not be able to ask for help if they ran short. Thousands don't have this option.

They should shut up about it.

Reactions: 7
I think it's because they basically don't understand the value of money, because there is no connection between what they do and their lifestyle. It was probably a huge shock to Harry when he saw the bill for his security, or even his electricity bill, because for the while of his life, he'd just done what he wanted without thinking about how much it cost. Even other aristos, if they wanted to fix up their house would have to sell a painting or budget to pay for things, but he Royals just don't have to think about any of that at all.

Reactions: 14
Perhaps Mike Tindall was making a joke about not being able to afford his children's lunches as an analogy about price increases.

But that does rile the general public, it's not funny to quite a few.

Perhaps Mike Tindall was making a joke about not being able to afford his children's lunches as an analogy about price increases.

But that does rile the general public, it's not funny to quite a few.
I thought he had his meals delivered by a meal delivery company because he has to eat at different times to the rest of the family or some such waffle.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.