The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a possibility that a similar agreement is in place for Archie and Lilibet atm tbf. I'm surprised that there have been no leaked images or anything, I imagine they'd be worth a whole lot and there are probably some people camping out trying to grab a snap or two of the kids
The American press would have no reason to agree to a deal like that. It only works in Britain. It is surprising that there haven't been any photos of the kids out with their parents even with blurred faces like you see with some actors kids. Then again there aren't many photos of Harry and Meghan out and about either. You'd think that the first photo of lilibet would be a prize for a paparazzo so it is strange that there isn't even a blurry photo of her in the back of a car or something.

Reactions: 6
No they won’t. Charles plans to completely scale back the monarchy more in line with the European royal houses, it will be him, Camilla and the Cambridges. That is it.
Would that mean that Charlotte and Louis would be 'pushed out' once George marries and has kids?

Reactions: 1
Would that mean that Charlotte and Louis would be 'pushed out' once George marries and has kids?
Hopefully they'll be brought up to establish their own identity so won't end up like Andrew for example. But yes it does mean an end to that sort of nepotism, if not in contacts 🙄

Reactions: 8
Sort of. After all Anne & Edward are still supporting. I could see Charlotte in a similar role to Anne under William. By the time George becomes King he would most likely have children of his own and they then might be pushed aside. Only time could tell... After all Harry would have had a role if he hadn't "megxited."

After all Harry would have had a role if he hadn't "megxited."
I'm not entirely sure Harry would have chosen to have a continued role tbh, just based on what he has shared about being traumatised by Diana's death and growing up in that environment
Though if Charles is also scaling back the amount of public engagements, perhaps he would have hung around 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Sort of. After all Anne & Edward are still supporting. I could see Charlotte in a similar role to Anne under William. By the time George becomes King he would most likely have children of his own and they then might be pushed aside. Only time could tell... After all Harry would have had a role if he hadn't "megxited."
Charlotte theoretically and traditionally will be Princess Royal when it becomes ‘free’.

Yel

10 years ago I was all about turfing the queen out of the palaces in order to take the assets into public ownership and create a wealth fund. But it does feel pretty sad that she's coming to the end, even though it's ridiculous for someone to head a country by birth / selected by God.

I'm glad they had very minimal amount of fireworks and lights were doing the heavy lifting. Explosive stuff is such a waste of money and bad for the environment. Projections and drones are the way forward!

In other countries like Sweden members of the royal family take public transport to work. The royal family post Elizabeth R needs to be scaled back so much.

I doubt Harry and Meghan have got much planned in the coming days. They know better than to tit all over the queen and have held back from doing that before.

Reactions: 16
I'm not entirely sure Harry would have chosen to have a continued role tbh, just based on what he has shared about being traumatised by Diana's death and growing up in that environment
Though if Charles is also scaling back the amount of public engagements, perhaps he would have hung around 🤷‍♀️
That's been going on for about 10 years though, Harry knew. Perhaps didn't pay attention or process it.

Hopefully they'll be brought up to establish their own identity so won't end up like Andrew for example. But yes it does mean an end to that sort of nepotism, if not in contacts 🙄
Charlotte and Louis in particular might actually be the ones Harry stepping back so comprehensively benefit from the most.

Reactions: 7
That's been going on for about 10 years though, Harry knew. Perhaps didn't pay attention or process it.
Eh, it seems like the tabloid stuff around Meghan and lack of general support is what may have pushed him over the edge to leave the country
With a different woman it may have been a different but similar story, hard to say

I am interested in what others think about this pared down Monarchy and its implications. I know Charles has been at the forefront of the environmental movement (long before it was fashionable and when he was actively mocked). He also has his Duchy line and sustainable farming as well. But he also lives a real aristo lifestyle as well. I am curious whether the plans will be surface level to give the appeal of a more austere Monarchy but fundamentally stay the same.

Reactions: 3
Eh, it seems like the tabloid stuff around Meghan and lack of general support is what may have pushed him over the edge to leave the country
With a different woman it may have been a different but similar story, hard to say
He said he wasn't keen on England before he met her. I don't think the consequences of leaving really hit him though

Reactions: 2
Charlotte and Louis in particular might actually be the ones Harry stepping back so comprehensively benefit from the most.
I don't think anyone in the RF is going to want them to follow Harry's example! I think there's a general trend in Europe of having less family members being part of the working family and I think that will apply to British RF in time as well.

He said he wasn't keen on England before he met her. I don't think the consequences of leaving really hit him though
He doesn't appear to be that happy in America either. Harry seemed to want obscurity rather than worldwide fame when he was in his 20s. He seems really bitter about leaving rather than happy that it was the right choice for him.

Apparently this is the Queen and William's favourite chocolate cake. Simple to make, so might give it a try.

It seems leaving the Royal Family can be problematic in many ways. I was watching an Edward and Wallace documentary and it seemed he felt adrift and without any purpose when he abdicated. Now I know it's different for Harry as he was not a future King but he grew up in the rigid structure of the Royal Family and now he has to re create a life outside of it. He seems like he is adrift but he may of course in time find a cause or pursuit he is interested in.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.