The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the same with Boris saying he couldn't afford a nanny . I don't know why they do it it's like they are trying to take the piss I think. It's so condescending.

Reactions: 12
Perhaps Mike Tindall was making a joke about not being able to afford his children's lunches as an analogy about price increases.

But that does rile the general public, it's not funny to quite a few.
It's a bit of a nasty ' joke'. As if he's mocking people who genuinely can't afford lunches for their kids. I don't know his background but you don't need to be poor to know that there are people who will not find it funny that the husband of the Queens granddaughter is moaning about the cost of living! I don't know what it is with the younger Royals. They seem to lack the empathy of The Queen, Charles Camilla and Anne. They seem to want to pretend to be ' just like you' when everyone knows they are not. It's condescending.

Reactions: 12
It's a bit of a nasty ' joke'. As if he's mocking people who genuinely can't afford lunches for their kids. I don't know his background but you don't need to be poor to know that there are people who will not find it funny that the husband of the Queens granddaughter is moaning about the cost of living! I don't know what it is with the younger Royals. They seem to lack the empathy of The Queen, Charles and Anne.
It's really out of touch when people are fretting. I'm struggling at the moment and my heart goes out to others who are too. Better days ahead hopefully. In a way it's light distraction talking on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Eugenie has posted some pictures of the pageant from the Royal Box including a cute video of Augie in a Union Jack jersey with his dad.

Reactions: 3
It's the same with Boris saying he couldn't afford a nanny . I don't know why they do it it's like they are trying to take the piss I think. It's so condescending.
To be fair, Boris has a lot of child support to pay, and a wife with very expensive taste in wallpaper!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It's been a lovely weekend and a great celebration of Her Majesty. She looked deep in thought and sad at times on that balcony today. Charles has looked miserable at points. I do agree that this may be her swansong. I always thought she wouldn't be far behind Philip, her beloved.

After her funeral I do think Harry and Meghan will be ousted forever. I think a few members are only tolerating them to respect the Queen's wishes. It will be a terrible shame because those kids have done nothing wrong but they will be denied the opportunity of knowing their cousins.

I don't see the monarchy surviving for many more monarchs and certainly think there will be a vote to abolish it in the next couple of decades. Something just feels different without the queen, even whilst she is still alive.

Reactions: 11
Why should they? He’s a 30-something year old father of two who inherited millions from his mother and Meghan I’m sure is well off too. If they can’t make it work that’s their problem.
He's due to get another few million from the Queen Mother's estate when he turns 40, so they've only got to live on the breadline for another couple of years.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I’ve spent all afternoon and into this evening at a jubilee party, so I’m well liquored up but just watching the catch up programme on the beeb, I can’t help but feel sorry for George. He looks as though he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and he’s only eight. He’s got years ahead of him full of this tit stuff. Louis, as the youngest, with no great expectation placed on him, will have a far better quality of life. And it already shows.

Reactions: 16
He's due to get another few million from the Queen Mother's estate when he turns 40, so they've only got to live on the breadline for another couple of years.
I’m sure they probably have some of the money they already got invested somewhere to make them profit. Any of their work alongside that is probably just a nice bonus

As some others have said, the problem is that they don’t have a real concept of the meaning of money, so maybe the bills look a bit scary. Doesn’t mean they can’t afford their lifestyle though

Reactions: 2
I’m sure they probably have some of the money they already got invested somewhere to make them profit. Any of their work alongside that is probably just a nice bonus

As some others have said, the problem is that they don’t have a real concept of the meaning of money, so maybe the bills look a bit scary. Doesn’t mean they can’t afford their lifestyle though
He probably doesn't have any concept of it, but Meghan has enough real world experience, surely.

He probably doesn't have any concept of it, but Meghan has enough real world experience, surely.
I assume they have someone to also deal with their finances for them in general

I know some of my wealthier friends have financial advisors who sound like they advise on how money is being spent, invested and the like

I imagine Meghan thought there would be plenty of cash if she married a prince and it’s slightly different in reality.

I’m just wondering is anyone knows how literal the raising of the standard is. It only went up at 4.30 so was that when the Queen arrived from Windsor, so she didn’t watch the whole pageant? I always thought it moves immediately but might she have been there the whole time and they only raised the standard when they knew for sure she would be able to make it onto the balcony?

I
I’m just wondering is anyone knows how literal the raising of the standard is. It only went up at 4.30 so was that when the Queen arrived from Windsor, so she didn’t watch the whole pageant? I always thought it moves immediately but might she have been there the whole time and they only raised the standard when they knew for sure she would be able to make it onto the balcony?
It‘s supposed to go up when the Queen is on the premises … but she might have slipped the flag putter upper a tip for leaving it down for a couple of hours peace and quiet

Reactions: 4
I’ll probably get hell for this but here goes….

Does anyone else thinks it’s all a bit too convenient bringing Louis into the limelight now with his dad’s sailor suit on standing directly next to the Queen with Kate the other day mimicking scenes from when his father was a boy? Then when he acts up he is conveniently shoved to the right hand side on today’s balcony scene out the way.
i just think the whole happy family unit also on the weekend his brother is back was a tad orchestrated and a twos up to Harry & and any other doubters .
I have no feelings either way when it comes to any of the family btw - just an observation.

Does anyone else thinks it’s all a bit too convenient bringing Louis into the limelight now with his dad’s sailor suit on standing directly next to the Queen with Kate the other day mimicking scenes from when his father was a boy? Then when he acts up he is conveniently shoved to the right hand side on today’s balcony scene out the way.
i just think the whole happy family unit also on the weekend his brother is back was a tad orchestrated and a twos up to Harry & and any other doubters .
I have no feelings either way when it comes to any of the family btw - just an observation.
I don’t think so, I think Louis is young and maybe also a bit badly behaved. I’ve seen the video and he puts his hand over his mum’s mouth and feels quite comfortable doing that. If I tried that at his age I would be frightened that I would get yelled at for the next 40 years!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think it was right to put George in thr middle today. Was a way of showing the line of succession.
The Queen has been very clear for a long time about keeping the Royal family small.

Reactions: 8

I thought they put Louis on the side today with Kate so that Charles, William and George could be in the middle with the Queen and they'd have a shot of her with the three heirs.
I'm not surprised at Louis being included given the size of the occasion. Younger kids then him were there today and it would have been lousy to leave him out completely. I don't think we'll see him at a royal occasion again for a while though!

I think the photo of today was meant to be the Queen and three in line in one shot so George needed to be next to Granny. Louis and the Queen looked like they were having a fun chat during the fly past. A bit different to a few years ago on the balcony when George was that age and William knelt down to talk to him and the Queen told him to stand up immediately 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.