Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I am afraid I have to dismiss it on the basis that I don’t know. I love a bit of gossip, but I need a bit of evidence - or at least a hint of it.
If there is nothing to base any gossip on, I have to throw it in the corner, with the various celebrity myths that do the rounds.
And thats fine … it’s where I tend to put it as well.
it’s just that I’m not prepared to categorically say there isn’t, either.

Reactions: 1

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Charlotte and Louis in particular might actually be the ones Harry stepping back so comprehensively benefit from the most.
I don't think anyone in the RF is going to want them to follow Harry's example! I think there's a general trend in Europe of having less family members being part of the working family and I think that will apply to British RF in time as well.

He said he wasn't keen on England before he met her. I don't think the consequences of leaving really hit him though
He doesn't appear to be that happy in America either. Harry seemed to want obscurity rather than worldwide fame when he was in his 20s. He seems really bitter about leaving rather than happy that it was the right choice for him.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
Maybe Andrew will get to experience a bit of what the Queen has done for the last 70 years. Not just galivanting around the world and acting like a playboy.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Duchess of Kent

I don't really know, her conversion to Catholicism probably played a big part, she is also elderly and her husband the Queen's cousin was also not present as far as I could see, they are stepping back to make way for the younger ones I suppose.
I thought they had separated?

TYL159

Chatty Member
The buildings
Profits from the Crown Estate goes to the Treasury. The more spent on kitchens for the Royals, the less goes to the Treasury so both statements can be correct.
The historic Crown Estate buildings maintained by the Crown would still need to be maintained and refurbished by the State even in a republic

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
New thread

My impression is that the news re Prince Charles isn’t really causing much fuss/interest. Am I right? Are we just all ground down by sleeve….?

Yes he did. I saw that part, I’m surprised the apology took so long to come because it was a while after he’d said it.
I thought the same. I saw him say it and thought ooosh but no apology came for a while, as that part was some time after when Clare Balding said that so I wondered it something else was overheard on the live cameras of the parade

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member

Just come across this. Not sure where it's from but they've either got guts or they can't see reality. It's obvious everyone's watching them and/or listening in to their conversations.

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
The black thing on her hat was just a pom pom, designed by someone different from the rest of the outfit I believe.

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
In this case, Harry and William have had a fraught relationship for years because of that perception, where the actions of one are possibly overplayed to mask the actions of the other.
Other than the drug taking, being forced by his brother to dress up as a Nazi and the two occasions when he was caught out being a dirty racist. What other occasions were there where poor Harry considered himself sacrificed?

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Sort of. After all Anne & Edward are still supporting. I could see Charlotte in a similar role to Anne under William. By the time George becomes King he would most likely have children of his own and they then might be pushed aside. Only time could tell... After all Harry would have had a role if he hadn't "megxited."
Charlotte theoretically and traditionally will be Princess Royal when it becomes ‘free’.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Do people think H&M will last?

Initially I gave them 3 to 5 years but now I'm not so sure. I think Meghan was very smart to move them back to the US. If they ever split her the kids lives will be there and he wont be able to bring them back to the UK permanently.

If they do split I wonder would the royal family welcome him back?
I was watching an ex serviceman yesterday who used to work for the Queen and he said when they split the RF will discredit Megs to get the children.