Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Milliemoo99

VIP Member

Are royals today merely higher form of celebrities?
Define what you mean by celebrity!!!! :LOL:

If you see a celebrity as a well known person or trend setter...then yes I suppose they could be seen as the ultimate celebrity.....

But if you mean a celebrity as someone who is famous because of something they have done, like a celebrity footballer, or actor or musician....then they arent really celebrities as such because they are famous because of their position and birth, not really for something they have done that is worthwhile!

Reactions: 1

BigMavis

VIP Member
Seems that Louis had to leave after getting restless

Maybe he’s going to be allowed to steal the show on the balcony once more 👀
I very much assume the Queen will be appearing
They must be going to balcony soon, this is over at 5.30. Perhaps thats just the parade.

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
As much as I dislike Meghan I always thought she dressed beautifully before she had her children. She seriously seems to have lost her mojo to me.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Investments providing income streams? ( I dont know nearly enough about all this, just piping up :) )
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why some people seem to be sure that the two are bleeding money or will be broke soon

Whatever money they had from Meghan's acting career and Harry's inheritance, plus whatever else was given to him, has likely been invested. Don't they have that dodgy partnership with some investment or hedge fund firm? Would that make them money on the side?

They can always start doing ambassador deals with brands. They're already selling their private lives bit by bit, and that content won't dry out. Neither of them have to say anything huge about the RF to be paid because it will make news, make people want to watch and get those clicks. The only thing is that people don't find it acceptable

Meghan could come back into acting if she wished to. I know people have said she's bad, but the public interest would still be there. Even acting on shitty shows would make a decent amount of money

I honestly think they'd be doing more of that if it was deemed more acceptable by the public, but because they have the Royal brand attached to them it's a different story. I remember there being a lot of discussion and anger at Harry being caught apparently asking/enquiring about Meghan doing voice over - I think it was for Disney? Maybe using those sorts of connection, or really their 'names', becomes more acceptable as the working Royals are thinned out, and Harry is thrown to the side more once the Camb's kids are older, but until then the two are a bit stuck imo

And that's not even thinking about all those other inheritances they could be getting from the Queen and Charles. Plus Philip. I also doubt the RF/Institution would allow for the two to appear to be struggling for money/to maintain their lifestyle. It's not a good look, even with the poor relations they seem to have between them

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member

Someone was asking who a man in uniform was and provided a picture on here but I can't find you 😁. This tells you who he is and what his "role" was regarding M and H. It also mentions Peter Phillips giving M the Royal Cut which seems to have been missed by everyone. It says the Queen is a good chess player 😁
p.s. comments section is interesting...

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
The Spare is a terribly outdated concept and actually quite cruel. They can’t do anything ‘just in case’ but when they start the slip down the pecking order are just expected the tootle off and shift for themselves. The last 3 have struggled terribly.

Maybe the best thing for Charlotte and Louis would be an acceptance that they start living their own life and preparing for not being a working royal sooner rather than later.
That's what they are working towards. Harry's too old, they'll have to support him to some extent

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I think she was always a bit hit and miss but she def had some great outfits at the start. She looks like a different person now. Her face has totally changed.

BigMavis

VIP Member
The Sunday papers really aren't doing their job properly by not annotating a picture!

Does seem a bit bitter of Rishi to not attend these things now he's no longer the golden boy.
I'm out of the loop. Was there a fallout?

Boring Monday

VIP Member
George Michael’s work with soup kitchens and charities came to light after his death. I imagine also through people who see and work with them at the Charities talk about it. As the poster above did about their experience of seeing William at a local food bank/soup kitchen
I was going to say that about George :)
But my point was that for whatever reason William wasn’t put front and centre (with a card machine) on that particular day, when his face recognition was at its highest, to be incognito. It was to maximise PR, which it did and hopefully it worked.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I don't see why an acting role would cause any more talk than the Netflix and Spotify deals which they also got because of who they were. Personally I think she feels that acting is beneath her now unless there's some kind of worthy cause attached e.g. the elephant film.
Because people would say that she only got those roles because of her connection to Harry and his connection to the RF. Considering she has a few, maybe only one, “famous” and successful roles, her suddenly appearing back in the business wouldn’t look natural

Acting isn’t exactly excusable by her possibly revealing more secrets about the RF or her personal life either

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I’m sure a quick google search would tell me this. Do Kate’s friends and family call her Kate? Or was she dubbed Kate by the media because it was easier to sell Waitey Katey and to try make her seem more “normal” as Catherine can be seen by some as a posh name.

I’d crease if behind closed doors she was Cat or Cath.
I think she was christened Catherine but was always known as Kate until she married. Then she became Catherine. Don't know what her family call her now.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
A suitcase of money?! No words.
I mean what is this? The 80s or 90s? 🤭🫣(Referencing a big political scandal involving actual suitcases and money).
Idiot. I really wonder why they just don’t learn. It’s bound to come out. It’s not the first time. You would think they see the writing on the wall and cover up the remaining tracks better. Jeeez! Let’s hope Wiliam sag his team realise this and clean house so there is nothing to find.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
IIRC Harry in the Nazi uniform was the sacrificial lamb that night as Williams choice that night was far far worse.
Wasn’t it a Colonials and Natives party and William went as a lion?
isn't that incident when William is supposed to have helped Harry pick out an outfit and allegedly encouraged him to wear it supposed to have been when the big fault lines in their relationship appeared and they barely spoke for months?

Merpedy

VIP Member
Think they mean re writing history. As if its always been acceptable to be gay. Unfortunately it was not :(
Still not for some groups of people unfortunately

hasn’t the government been in some mildly hot water (I use mildly because I haven’t seen much discussion by the general population) with the community over the ban on conversion therapy not including the trans community?

Eirawen

VIP Member

Our talking about the Duchess seems to have triggered this video on my You Tube feed. 😁
My advice having watched it is to read the comments first then watch on as big a TV as you can to spot the people from the comments. I am puzzling about who William of Gloucester was (the hunk they are referring to). Another rabbit hole for me to go down 😄. Prince Michael of Kent looks so different to how I know him.
Prince Michael was very young in this clip.