Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Harry has already been sidelined as a royal though and I don't think that concern for the royal brand would stop them doing anything they wanted to do! She could be acting now if she wanted to. She doesn't have to wait for the Cambridge kids to grow up. I think she would see it as a failure though to have to return to what she was doing before. There's no way she'd take a part in anything that could be considered a 'shitty show' anyway. They want to go down the global humanitarian route not be second rate actors.
People don’t like seeing nepotism in action. It’s why you see a lot of the new talent in entertainment advertised as new and talented, despite very little actual work experience, rather than “their parents have media influence, or a famous name, and hooked them up with this job” which is very common. Seeing Meghan suddenly scoring big jobs, even if we consider them “shitty”, would make people talk, though it’s not that surprising if she would rather sit at home and do whatever it is they do with their day

If we really want to draw comparisons, we see that sort of conversation on a smaller scale with Kim Kardashian pursuing her law career. Though some of the Kardashians don’t seem to do an awful lot and no one really questions whether they’re bleeding money

H&M book deals and the like are also undoubtedly fuelled by their name and family connections, but people are also genuinely interested in seeing the behind the scenes footage of their lives and potentially getting some mild inside gossip on the family. Granted, doesn’t make it anymore tasteful for some as they’re scared that Harry may reveal everything when that wouldn’t be to his benefit at all

Great_Kate

VIP Member
@Boring Monday snd @Blurb thanks for the information.
I do wonder though. Isn’t the Duchy of Lancaster specifically to provide for the monarch? So if she would abdicate it would move on together with the Crown? So if there would be no crown to carry what would happen? I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t a plan for this possibility. Or will it indeed just work like all the other non-royal duchies? I find Lancaster extremely interesting because it seems there is much less information about it compared to Cornwall,where PC is very public about how it’s run and what Going on.

RE BP- I gathered BP is the official London residence since 1837, Windsor the official country residence and St, James the senior palace of the sovereign (whatever that means in comparison to London residence) and holds the royal court. But my sources was Wikipedia and the website of the RF?

Last edited: