Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Ya I'd say that is what he meant but I wonder how they view it. They seem to have made their peace with their role and George probably will as well I suppose. It's such a unique position to be in, there aren't many people who understand what it's like.

Reactions: 2

Boring Monday

VIP Member
In regards to Prince John, he made regular appearances with his family until his 11th birthday when his condition, epilepsy, became too severe. Unfortunately back in the 1900s, epilepsy was poorly understood and nearly everyone who had it as severe as John, if they couldn’t be cared for at home, ended up moving to a mental hospital for the rest of their life. When reading about John I have read one of his grandmothers kept a garden especially for him on the Sandringham Estate. Also his mother let local children befriend him which was against Royal protocol at the time. After his death one of the children, Winifred Thomas, was given a number of John's books, which Queen Mary had inscribed, “In memory of our dear little Prince.”
It seems that quite a few of the family were sympathetic to John, apart from Prince Edward who described him as an animal and said his death was “little more than a regrettable nuisance”. He also wrote a hateful letter to Queen Mary which has since been lost. What a prized dick he was.
I think the one were he wrote to apologise about that still survives.
I think he got a Queen Mary sized rocket for that.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Are the kids thier today? Just seen Charles
A Twitter user has said that all of the children are there today, but there’s no photos I can find and the BBC hasn’t shown an identifiable shot from what I can tell

edit:

queenamber

VIP Member
I doubt they got the full amount of money up front for their Netflix and Spotify deals either. Do we know for sure that it was dior? It could have been anything. She is wearing a lot of really expensive labels recently alright though. I can't see how they're making money at the moment. They've only made 1 podcast in the 2 years they've been gone so they're not living off the income from producing content!
Yes, can’t remember if it was Harper’s Bazar or Vogue but they confirmed it was custom Dior 💸

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Her mum had one at around the same age so its likely. Still pretty risky to have a GE in your 90’s though.
They tend to do hip replacements with a spinal anaesthetic nowadays, so you’re awake while it’s done. Two of my relatives had it done that way but admittedly they weren’t as old as the Queen.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Who are the people?

not sure what I expected but this is awfully boring at the moment

• Haha

Web30

VIP Member
A Twitter user has said that all of the children are there today, but there’s no photos I can find and the BBC hasn’t shown an identifiable shot from what I can tell

edit:
Oh George has just been shown.

Reactions: 1

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I agree with this. A well-worn way of dealing with irritating people is to give them something to keep them busy (this happens right down at local level in families, various neighbourhood committees, wedding planning among families, etc).
Maybe they could give him a 'Lord of the Manor' uniform so he could play dressing up too.

sephylily

VIP Member
If any of you have seen Matta of facts on TikTok she goes ham for this, personally I don’t think someone who wears the clothes she does should have an opinion on anyones fashion. It’s got to the point that when Kate wore her fair straightened in the Caribbean she was claiming Kate had been Meghanified.

Something I don’t think is mentioned as well is that Kate and Diana are similar shapes, both tall and slim, so they’ll just naturally suit similar clothes, & is polka dots at the horses that groundbreaking? It’s almost florals for spring level
She is soooooo annoying.