The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like you have no idea - but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me.
Charles and Camilla were mainly known about because of Diana and the random ‘sources’ and the playing off of one side against the other. Not the most edifying period.
What usually happens is that an omertà comes into play. People know, but no one says, things are facilitated quietly and without fuss and everyone plays dumb.
It’s amazing what they can keep out of the press with a bit of feel good exclusive PR.
not a clue, but I wouldn’t discount it out of hand on the basis ‘we’ don’t know.
I wouldnt be surprised either, just based on Royal form for cheating, and the aristocracy in general, seem to think its not a big deal in any way. Diana was not happy with the cheating and leaked stories, but the narrative from The Palace, right up to the separation was that they were happily married. I doubt Kate would authorise anyone to talk about her life in the RF like Diana did with Andrew Morton so we will never know.

Reactions: 2
I wonder what people think about the secret cousins mentioned above. Apparently it was common practice to do a similar thing during the time period if you were of a higher, so it makes sense on that point. Though they really should have acknowledged said cousins once it wasn’t as socially acceptable to do that, it would have probably caused outrage based on it being kept a secret. The whole situation seems a bit messy based on that for me

I do think that i would like for the RF to be a bit of a driving force for social change at times, when it’s appropriate, but that seems like a tricky business and potentially connected to politics. But then, since the RF is involved in politics to an extent and the majority of it is apparently kept secret, there should at least be transparency with that sort of stuff
And it really wasn't anything to do with the royals as they were Bowes-Lyons, the children of a brother of Queen Elizabeth. In addition, there's no fuss made about the cousins on the mother's side of these women, the Trefusis family, who were also in the same care home with similar disabilities. It was thought to be genetic, from the Trefusis family, so not something the royals with their Bowes-Lyon blood only needed to worry about and certainly not be responsible for. It was normal for the time for people with severe mental disabilities to be taken into full time care, even into the 1960s and 1970s, as there was no help provided to families, and certainly no belief that anything could be done to give them a meaningful life. It happened in my own family once the parents could no longer cope alone at the expense of their own health.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Thanks for your input. I have You Tube on in the background whilst working at home and I have also heard that Megs is all about the money. Also that there are things you can't do with Royalty such as exploit them for money, so she wouldn't be able to merch the children.
So interesting to see what does happen if they split ,🤔
i find it distasteful that people are speculating what happens if they break up and about what would happen to the children. It also kinda proves her point that people are biased against her because you never her anything like this about W & K, even after we all know he's been shagging her mates in Norfolk.

On that note, do you think that Kate only married him for love? I'm sure the money and him being a prince was a huge attraction for her. That and we all know Carole is the UK's answer to Kris Jenner and like duck was she going to let any of her kids marry poor.....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm reading The Palace Papers at the moment and the biggest thing that's coming through so far is how much cheating goes on. It's all common knowledge between couples and they don't seem to care much as long as it doesn't come out into the public and humiliate one or both parties. It'll be interesting to see if that changes with the new generation. I can't ever see Kate doing a tell-all interview and confession or revealing anything scandalous. I would hope that William and Harry would have a bit more sense seeing how their own parents' marriage was, but then again it may have given them a really warped idea of what a relationship 'should' look like. Only time will tell...

Reactions: 4
So based on YouTube, you assume that someone you don't know and haven't met wants to merch her children for money, even though we have seen 2 or 3 photos of them, and as far as I can see, they are almost obsessively private about them?
AS i said before, people love to hate megan - she has plenty of flaws (they all do) but one thing i admire is the privacy they've given their children now they're not going to grow up royal.

Also seen this on the Daily Fail - As much as Megan and Harry complain about the Royals they love getting their little digs back at them....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-cousins-lunch-Harry-Meghan-didnt-attend.html

Reactions: 3
I'm reading The Palace Papers at the moment and the biggest thing that's coming through so far is how much cheating goes on. It's all common knowledge between couples and they don't seem to care much as long as it doesn't come out into the public and humiliate one or both parties. It'll be interesting to see if that changes with the new generation. I can't ever see Kate doing a tell-all interview and confession or revealing anything scandalous. I would hope that William and Harry would have a bit more sense seeing how their own parents' marriage was, but then again it may have given them a really warped idea of what a relationship 'should' look like. Only time will tell...
What gets sl*t shamed on a council estate gets called a courtesan in aristo circles.
It was ever thus.

AS i said before, people love to hate megan - she has plenty of flaws (they all do) but one thing i admire is the privacy they've given their children now they're not going to grow up royal.

Also seen this on the Daily Fail - As much as Megan and Harry complain about the Royals they love getting their little digs back at them....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-cousins-lunch-Harry-Meghan-didnt-attend.html
I see the ‘Sources‘ are out in force again with their ‘claims’ … and Royal Biographers who know nothing at all have decided how people think and feel again.
I think Mr Tindall seems to be enjoying the limelight a touch too much as well. I don’t think an interview with the Mail will pay for a school term, Mike.

Last edited:
Interesting re the Crown and artistic licence, I wish they wouldn't do stuff like that. A bit like Shakespeare and the tudor myth isn't it.
Re that story, the ' artistic licence' made the RF look better, as they pretended someone actually cared about them, when no one did. The things the Royals and the tabloids on their behalf are complaining about re The Crown is stuff that has been written and gossiped about tor years including by the tabloids themselves. A drama showing drama is less underhand than the endless ' sources' printed in the press, which is speculation masquerading as reportage. The Royalsxare up in arms now about The Crown because it reminds people of the Diana years when Charles has spent so long trying to repair his reputation. It was hilarious when they released the Diana interviews with no commentary whatsoever- just hours of Diana talking.

i find it distasteful that people are speculating what happens if they break up and about what would happen to the children
Also when they gleefully state that The Queen would take custody of them. Can you imagine the uproar if two very small children were taken from their mother and given to the Royals??? Apart from the fact that two children would be separated from their mother for no good reason. There would be war with the US for a Starr as Lili and Meghan are US citizens.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
think Mr Tindall seems to be enjoying the limelight a touch too much as well. I don’t think an interview with the Mail will pay for a school term, Mike.
I agree. He loves flapping his gums about ' private' family engagements. If Meghan did the same she would be slated.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Someone wrote this in regard to Harry and Meghan:
''I would have sat there and ate my food with a smile and never opened my mouth against any bullshit and worn all the tights they needed me to, just to get access to that jewellery ''

Actually people who think this way tell us what their values really are. For the sake of royal residences, diamonds and holidays in Mustique it's ok to keep stiff upper lip while rabid media shits on you. It's ok to endure infidelity and abuse of all kind as long as you keep the title of Queen or Duchess .

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Someone wrote this in regard to Harry and Meghan:
''I would have sat there and ate my food with a smile and never opened my mouth against any bullshit and worn all the tights they needed me to, just to get access to that jewellery ''

Actually people who think this way tell us what their values really are. For the sake of royal residences, diamonds and holidays in Mustique it's ok to keep stiff upper lip while rabid media shits on you. It's ok to endure infidelity and abuse of all kind as long as you keep the title of Queen or Duchess .
And if Meghan were all about the money and status, surely that's what she would have done? It's hardly hard work she's avoiding, being a minor Royal.

Reactions: 7
And it really wasn't anything to do with the royals as they were Bowes-Lyons, the children of a brother of Queen Elizabeth. In addition, there's no fuss made about the cousins on the mother's side of these women, the Trefusis family, who were also in the same care home with similar disabilities. It was thought to be genetic, from the Trefusis family, so not something the royals with their Bowes-Lyon blood only needed to worry about and certainly not be responsible for. It was normal for the time for people with severe mental disabilities to be taken into full time care, even into the 1960s and 1970s, as there was no help provided to families, and certainly no belief that anything could be done to give them a meaningful life. It happened in my own family once the parents could no longer cope alone at the expense of their own health.
They were still the queens first cousins. Yes people were put into facilities out of no choice but the royal family had no excuse and could have given them a very happy comfortable life quite easily or at least paid for tombstone for their graves! Disgusting way to treat them when it could have easily had a much happier ending.

Like you have no idea - but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me.
Charles and Camilla were mainly known about because of Diana and the random ‘sources’ and the playing off of one side against the other. Not the most edifying period.
What usually happens is that an omertà comes into play. People know, but no one says, things are facilitated quietly and without fuss and everyone plays dumb.
It’s amazing what they can keep out of the press with a bit of feel good exclusive PR.
not a clue, but I wouldn’t discount it out of hand on the basis ‘we’ don’t know.
I am afraid I have to dismiss it on the basis that I don’t know. I love a bit of gossip, but I need a bit of evidence - or at least a hint of it.
If there is nothing to base any gossip on, I have to throw it in the corner, with the various celebrity myths that do the rounds.

Reactions: 1
They were still the queens first cousins. Yes people were put into facilities out of no choice but the royal family had no excuse and could have given them a very happy comfortable life quite easily or at least paid for tombstone for their graves! Disgusting way to treat them when it could have easily had a much happier ending.
So you think that the royals should override their relatives' decisions on their own children? Frankly, I've no idea what goes on in a lot of my cousins' lives as we live miles apart (and countries for some) and I haven't seen them for years. I've no intention of nor any legal ability to override their decisions regarding their families.

I am afraid I have to dismiss it on the basis that I don’t know. I love a bit of gossip, but I need a bit of evidence - or at least a hint of it.
If there is nothing to base any gossip on, I have to throw it in the corner, with the various celebrity myths that do the rounds.
And thats fine … it’s where I tend to put it as well.
it’s just that I’m not prepared to categorically say there isn’t, either.

So you think that the royals should override their relatives' decisions on their own children? Frankly, I've no idea what goes on in a lot of my cousins' lives as we live miles apart (and countries for some) and I haven't seen them for years. I've no intention of nor any legal ability to override their decisions regarding their families.
I'm sure if the QM had chucked a few quid at her brother for them he wouldn't have said no . Their family does sound awful, and didn't even contact them until one had died, but having a Royal ask about them may have made them behave a bit better.

Reactions: 3
It was the children of the Queen Mum’s brother … and she called it a Bowes-Lyon issuel indicating she though it was for their immediate family to deal with.
The Queen doesn’t strike me as the sort of person who would have gone up against her mum on something like that.

Reactions: 2
i find it distasteful that people are speculating what happens if they break up and about what would happen to the children. It also kinda proves her point that people are biased against her because you never her anything like this about W & K, even after we all know he's been shagging her mates in Norfolk.

On that note, do you think that Kate only married him for love? I'm sure the money and him being a prince was a huge attraction for her. That and we all know Carole is the UK's answer to Kris Jenner and like duck was she going to let any of her kids marry poor.....
I have said that of Carol on here and been slaughtered 😁 I reckon Carol helped to nurture the relationship and bag a royal for her daughter. *Puts tin hat on and runs for cover*

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.