The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they confused titles with being entitled to security? Which doesn't make sense as Harry's a Prince.

I haven't watched the full Oprah though and only heard that second hand 🤷‍♀️
BIB
And now you never will because the full interview has vanished from the internet… 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Think they mean Archie. He has Harrys sub title of Earl rather than his own like the Cambridge children
True, but they aren’t using that officially … the same way that Lilibet isn’t being styled as ‘Lady’ as they are quite entitled to do.

Reactions: 2
True, but they aren’t using that officially … the same way that Lilibet isn’t being styled as ‘Lady’ as they are quite entitled to do.
M definitely wanted the Prince & Princess titles. But Harry knew that PC wants to slim down the Monarchy so it was never going to happen, even when PC is King

M definitely wanted the Prince & Princess titles. But Harry knew that PC wants to slim down the Monarchy so it was never going to happen, even when PC is King
At least that’s what most think. I do hope they will stop making every grandchild a P/P (which would be the same for Charlotte‘s and Louis‘ future offspring) but it’s not been confirmed yet. I found it baffling that they publicly whined about the P\P thing because most royal watchers knew that security had nothing to do with it (how did they think they could get away with this explanation??) and they were happy to not use the Dumbarton title of Master style. And they were fine not correcting headlines praising them for not using or wanting titles when, by their own accord, they we’re clearly not ok with it. They love half truths and misinformation just fine as long as it paints them in a good light.

At least that’s what most think. I do hope they will stop making every grandchild a P/P (which would be the same for Charlotte‘s and Louis‘ future offspring) but it’s not been confirmed yet. I found it baffling that they publicly whined about the P\P thing because most royal watchers knew that security had nothing to do with it (how did they think they could get away with this explanation??) and they were happy to not use the Dumbarton title of Master style. And they were fine not correcting headlines praising them for not using or wanting titles when, by their own accord, they we’re clearly not ok with it. They love half truths and misinformation just fine as long as it paints them in a good light.
Completely agree, going forward it should just be Georges children who are P/P. Although I do feel that we will see Charlotte (future Princess Royal) and Louis (in theory future DoY 😳) as full time working Royals but not there children - exactly like Princess Anne

Reactions: 3
I agree, which is why I think all this is mostly Harry's fault. He must have known that his children uldn't by prince/Princess but he didn't do anything to rectify her impression or say anything in the Oorah interview. I get the feeling he is extreme resentful of his family, so anything said against them is fine by him

Reactions: 11
Why are Beatrice and Eugine styled as Princess? I know Princess Anne didn’t want her children styled and Edward’s children are Lady/Viscount.

What do you guys think on the Queen's health? How poorly do you think she may be?
Granted she's 96, so she isn't going to be sprightly.

Why are Beatrice and Eugine styled as Princess? I know Princess Anne didn’t want her children styled and Edward’s children are Lady/Viscount.
Anne’s 2 don’t have titles because Mark Philips doesn’t. Titles for the offspring of daughters of the Monarch have to come from their father.
Technically Edwards 2 are P/P they just don’t use them.

Reactions: 5
BIB
And now you never will because the full interview has vanished from the internet… 🤔
Oprah‘s production company (Harpo) are infamously stingy with copyright. It wasn’t until a few years ago, when they started uploading clips themselves, that you could see any footage from old talk show and it was on every day for years and years and years.

This isn’t quite the conspiracy that people think it is. Clips get removed from the internet over copyright all the time. CBS probably want to direct people to their equivalent of iPlayer.

Reactions: 6
What do you guys think on the Queen's health? How poorly do you think she may be?
Granted she's 96, so she isn't going to be sprightly.
I think she is deteriorating rather quickly now and they are all busy keeping her alive till June. It seems she never recovered fully after her little hospital stay.

Reactions: 9
I think she is deteriorating rather quickly now and they are all busy keeping her alive till June. It seems she never recovered fully after her little hospital stay.
You may be right. Where will she be laid to rest exactly, when she passes? Sorry, I don't know anything about these type of things or where the royals are buried.

Reactions: 2
I agree, I think they're desperately trying to get her to the jubilee. I wonder if the hospital stay was to ascertain a diagnosis of some sort.

You may be right. Where will she be laid to rest exactly, when she passes? Sorry, I don't know anything about these type of things or where the royals are buried.
In the King George memorial chapel at Windsor with her mum, dad and sister. I think Philip is in there too but I didn't see a plaque for him when I was there last week. Margaret was cremated so there's like a large standing stone tablet for her inside the chapel. It was situated resting against the wall, just above her parent's tombstone.

1651597146489.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The Wessex children are still technically Prince/Princess but just don't use it. Louise can now choose for herself now she's turned 18 but it's probably not the biggest thing on her mind just now what with exams and university applications.

Mark Phillips would have had to accept a peerage for his and Anne's children to have titles, like Tony Armstrong-Jones did when he married Princess Margaret hence Lord Snowdon and Lady Sarah, but he and Anne refused. It would have led, incidentally, to Mark's daughter by his second marriage also having a title, just like Lady Frances Armstrong-Jones who got the title but no connection to royalty (her half-sister Lady Sarah did loan her the tiara made from brooches given to Margaret by Tony for her, Frances', wedding though)

Reactions: 4
I agree, I think they're desperately trying to get her to the jubilee. I wonder if the hospital stay was to ascertain a diagnosis of some sort.

In the King George memorial chapel at Windsor with her mum, dad and sister. I think Philip is in there too but I didn't see a plaque for him when I was there last week. Margaret was cremated so there's like a large standing stone tablet for her inside the chapel. It was situated resting against the wall, just above her parent's tombstone.

View attachment 1240164
Is that the actual room?

as grandchildren of the monarch they are entitled to be.
Of the male line, not female. That’s why Princess Margaret’s 2 ‘only’ have the styling of children of an Earl.

(although she they were born, it was with the Monarch as an aunt, but it wouldn’t have made any difference).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.