The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are some ugly tiaras that royals internationally own

Reactions: 4
There are some ugly tiaras that royals internationally own
A lot of them are old fashioned and large to go with the cottage loaf big hair styles.

They really need to channel Queen Mary and think how they could be adapted (Our Mary certainly knew her diamonds, tiaras, how to …acquire … them and rework them)

Reactions: 3
Do we know which tiara Meghan wanted that caused her to throw a strop?

(Loving the tiara talk ... I'm having fun looking them all up.)
I believe it turned out not to be about her wanting an exact tiara but she had her hairdresser come and do a practice and they wanted the tiara there and then, not realising they need to make an appointment so the appropriate person could give them the tiara to try. But surely Harry would know that there would be protocol involved in everything as that’s the way of the BRF which makes me think he is spoilt and stupid.

Reactions: 12
I think she wanted the Vladimir supposedly - with emeralds - or maybe even the one Eugenie chose?
The Vladimir was never going to happen. It might be HMTQ personal property but has been worn mostly or even exclusively for official state business. If she was actually wanting it, H should have mentioned it’s impossible long before.
Eugenie’s wasn’t even known to be in the possession of the BRF and a big surprise. She wouldn’t have known about it beforehand.
So when they showed her what was up for picking those two surely weren’t part of the collection. I don’t think she actually threw a fit about the Vladimir or a similar important big gun that HMTQ has exclusively used for herself. That would be ridiculous. But I can see her checking out the well known blogs and got some ideas and then disappointed in her real choices (I mean still audacious. I would take almost all of them gladly. Even the uglier ones. It’s a f*****g royal tiara.)

I think Harry did Meghan a huge disservice by not properly preparing her for royal life and letting her know all these intricacies and protocols.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The Vladimir was never going to happen. It might be HMTQ personal property but has been worn mostly or even exclusively for official state business. If she was actually wanting it, H should have mentioned it’s impossible long before.
Eugenie’s wasn’t even known to be in the possession of the BRF and a big surprise. She wouldn’t have known about it beforehand.
So when they showed her what was up for picking those two surely weren’t part of the collection. I don’t think she actually threw a fit about the Vladimir or a similar important big gun that HMTQ has exclusively used for herself. That would be ridiculous. But I can see her checking out the well known blogs and got some ideas and then disappointed in her real choices (I mean still audacious. I would take almost all of them gladly. Even the uglier ones. It’s a f*****g royal tiara.)
Meghan is too stupid to believe that, though - what she wants she gets and she wanted a different tiara, damn it! It just would not shock me if she saw the Vladimir or another like and wanted that one. She has no concept of monarchy and never wanted to even try to learn, because she just wanted to be THE STAR! She had no intention of even trying to learn. They would bend to her will.

Eugenie's was known to be in their possession because wasn't it left by the Grevilles to the Queen Mum? We knew it was probably in the vault. What other treasures are in there, I wonder.

Reactions: 6
A lot of them are old fashioned and large to go with the cottage loaf big hair styles.
I think you need to have bigger hair to wear a tiara or otherwise you have a Sophie Wessex situation of seeing the band and grips and spoiling the illusion. No offence to Sophie but she ruins the look of a tiara as her hairstyles never fit them. She should fire her stylist.
AAF84B8A-7532-4119-AF03-72F3904C6889.jpeg

Reactions: 2
I’d be absolutely stunned if he stepped aside. Really can’t see him not being King.
Someone told me the other day that if Charles refuses the throne it would actually then go to Andrew 😬🤦🏼‍♀️ There is NO way Charles would let that happen

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Someone told me the other day that if Charles refuses the throne it would actually then go to Andrew 😬🤦🏼‍♀️ There is NO way Charles would let that happen
But Charles has a heir - I thought the throne went to the Queen’s father because Edward had no children, right?
I’m sorry I’m awful with names.

Reactions: 2
I think you need to have bigger hair to wear a tiara or otherwise you have a Sophie Wessex situation of seeing the band and grips and spoiling the illusion. No offence to Sophie but she ruins the look of a tiara as her hairstyles never fit them. She should fire her stylist.
View attachment 977743
To be fair, it is probably more a hairstyle issue than anything. Even shorter hair can be pouffy 😃. Diana had shorter hair and hers always looked okay.
Or, like a lot of things with the RF it’s smoke and mirrors and you don’t want to get to close to see the workings 😉

I think Harry did Meghan a huge disservice by not properly preparing her for royal life and letting her know all these intricacies and protocols.
I know Kate got called waity katie but I believe she was been prepared for years behind the scenes on royal life as William didn't want the same to happen to her that happened to his Mum but Harry and Meghan just rushed into it (probably because she was older and they obviously wanted kids asap).

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Was it Andrew told them that?
She had some explanation about if it was pre-coronation it would be Andrew, but if it was after it’d be William 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve googled and I can’t find anything that backs it up so it must be rubbish. But can you imagine the hilarious drama?!?🤣

Reactions: 3
I know Kate got called waity katie but I believe she was been prepared for years behind the scenes on royal life as William didn't want the same to happen to her that happened to his Mum but Harry and Meghan just rushed into it (probably because she was older and they obviously wanted kids asap).
Yes exactly. Maybe Harry never paid much attention or thought the “men in grey suits” would tell her but as her husband, having grown up in that world, I think it was mainly up to him.
For him to not be aware his own child could not be a prince or princess was shocking really and made Meghan look silly when she tried to pin that on racism, undermining some of her other complaints.
Anyway, as you all were on the tiaras!

Reactions: 11
The Vladimir Tiara. I love this one.

View attachment 977811
Aw I love the Queen! She’s such a bloody legend. I hope she’s well, there hasn’t been much said about her lately.
I honestly can’t imagine this country without her. I think it will be really strange and very different when she does pass away (hopefully at least after her jubilee this year!)

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.