The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She had some explanation about if it was pre-coronation it would be Andrew, but if it was after it’d be William 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve googled and I can’t find anything that backs it up so it must be rubbish. But can you imagine the hilarious drama?!?🤣
nah, Andrew is 9th in line … and falling.
Sorry, not sorry Andrew

Yes exactly. Maybe Harry never paid much attention or thought the “men in grey suits” would tell her but as her husband, having grown up in that world, I think it was mainly up to him.
For him to not be aware his own child could not be a prince or princess was shocking really and made Meghan look silly when she tried to pin that on racism, undermining some of her other complaints.
Anyway, as you all were on the tiaras!
to be fair, their kids should be Prince/ss when Charles takes the throne by all other accepted tradition (grandchildren of the sitting monarch - it’s why we have Princess Alexandra and Princes Edward and Richard). If Charles is intent on paring down the Monarchy (which is a good thing) then there’s will be the first children not to be … which is always hard and needs careful and tactful handling. Not something the Palace seems to be known for.

in the tiara vein - one of my favourite tiara names is the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Someone told me the other day that if Charles refuses the throne it would actually then go to Andrew 😬🤦🏼‍♀️ There is NO way Charles would let that happen
That would only have happened thirty years ago before William was born. It would have to pass through Charles, William, George, Charlotte, Louis, Harry, Archie and Lillibet before getting to Andrew now.

Reactions: 4
That would only have happened thirty years ago before William was born. It would have to pass through Charles, William, George, Charlotte, Louis, Harry, Archie and Lillibet before getting to Andrew now.
I know. I was half joking at the craziness of it 🤣 Apparently sideways succession could be voted for by Parliament - I guess like when Edward abdicated and had no kids, or if the children were babies. But not needed now when William is ready and age appropriate. And especially with Andrew’s current situation.

Reactions: 3
I know. I was half joking at the craziness of it 🤣 Apparently sideways succession could be voted for by Parliament - I guess like when Edward abdicated and had no kids, or if the children were babies. But not needed now when William is ready and age appropriate. And especially with Andrew’s current situation.
If the heir was a baby they would still inherit the throne, but a regent would be appointed until they're old enough to reign.

Reactions: 5
And William isn't sideways succession anyway - he is direct line of succession … Andrew is actually the sideways succession.
not sure how many faults that actually is :cool:

Reactions: 1
And William isn't sideways succession anyway - he is direct line of succession … Andrew is actually the sideways succession.
not sure how many faults that actually is :cool:
That’s what I meant - parliament could vote for sideways succession which would put Andrew first. But they have no need to do that when William is ready and waiting! Charles will have his turn anyway, although I doubt it will be a long one!

Reactions: 2
Apparently sideways succession could be voted for by Parliament
You know, after these past few years nothing would surprise me. Boris voting to veto Charles and William for Andrew - there’s always a possibility! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That’s what I meant - parliament could vote for sideways succession which would put Andrew first. But they have no need to do that when William is ready and waiting! Charles will have his turn anyway, although I doubt it will be a long one!
I think you need to stop listening to uninformed people or reading random pages on the internet!

I think you need to stop listening to uninformed people or reading random pages on the internet!
Wow. Didn’t realise that the throne succession police were so very serious on here. I feel like I’ve made it fairly clear that I don’t believe it will happen and that it’s crazy chat 🤦🏼‍♀️ I do understand the line of succession.

Reactions: 8
The tiaras I like from the British collection are Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau Tiara (I know most people are Meghan haters but I loved her tiara), Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara and the Strathmore Rose Tiara.

I think Princess Margaret could wear a tiara well.
C474305D-7E2B-4325-955C-67A0636A3D0A.jpeg

Look how nonchalant she is here

Reactions: 7
Meghan is too stupid to believe that, though - what she wants she gets and she wanted a different tiara, damn it! It just would not shock me if she saw the Vladimir or another like and wanted that one. She has no concept of monarchy and never wanted to even try to learn, because she just wanted to be THE STAR! She had no intention of even trying to learn. They would bend to her will.

Eugenie's was known to be in their possession because wasn't it left by the Grevilles to the Queen Mum? We knew it was probably in the vault. What other treasures are in there, I wonder.
From what I gathered, many weren’t actually aware of the tiara. It was suspected it went into the possession of the RF but had never been seen (for over 75 years) on them so it wasn’t clear if it still existed. They do break down their jewellery quite often. No way Meghan knew it was an option. And I doubt she got it presented before Eugenie, which was already much further in her wedding plans and had to delay thanks to H&M, or after Eugenie settled on it.
I don’t doubt that there was something going on in the tiara department (it was painfully obviously that her hairstylist and her did not practice the weight and pull of tiara and veil, and there are some solid rumours of words about access) but I just don’t think it was about those two specific tiaras.
I can easily see her preferring something less solid (so no kokoshnik type).
What reminds me- I wish we would have seen Kate in her wedding tiara again. It sparkled beautiful against her dark hair and had the right size for her hairstyles. The Papyrus is fine too. But the Lover’s Knot is mostly awkwardly placed on her head, and she refuses to get the puffy hair it needs. The year of their 10 year wedding anniversary would have been a great opportunity.

I think Harry did Meghan a huge disservice by not properly preparing her for royal life and letting her know all these intricacies and protocols.
Agree. If my husband would have let me into this mess like that he would be in BIG trouble. But both seem completely oblivious about their faults and even enable the illogical, stupid behaviour of the other. It seems there is no self reflection going on at all.

Reactions: 10
I think Harry did Meghan a huge disservice by not properly preparing her for royal life and letting her know all these intricacies and protocols.
I blame Harry for the Sussex mess more than Meghan. He knew exactly what was needed and how she would be expected to behave. If he didn't think she was suitable for Royal life but wanted to marry her he should have withdrew and married her in a non royal wedding.

Reactions: 16
The tiaras I like from the British collection are Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau Tiara (I know most people are Meghan haters but I loved her tiara), Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara and the Strathmore Rose Tiara.

View attachment 978013
That's a beautiful picture of her!

Reactions: 3

View attachment 978013
Love the look on her face: I’m above mere mortals and I know it 🤣
(no I don’t wagtail think royals are above regular people, before somebody comes for me)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oooo i'd love to try on those tiaras. I bet Charlotte would look amazing in them as well.

Reactions: 1
Which tiara is Princess Margaret wearing there?

She does look stunning
The Politmore Tiara. It’s the one she wore on her wedding day. After her death, her children sold it and a lot of her estate because of death duties. Fetched £926,400 which isn’t too shabby! Going against tradition she bought her own tiara instead of inheriting one from the royal collection.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.