The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get the whole 'we must be relatable to the people' but let's be honest, if any of us were in the same royal position with the opportunity to wear the diamonds and sparkle, we'd never take them off!
I’d do a Margaret and have a bath in my tiara. Because I could! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I wonder with the tiaras if they don’t want to do too much jewels because there’s still Charles and Camilla to go. There was a lot of H&M are trying to steal the spotlight articles, maybe W&K are trying to avoid those by looking too King & Queen too early. I would love to see it though, and a new tiara that isn’t the lovers knot.
To be honest, this makes a heck of a lot of sense. They are not the Princess and Prince of Wales yet. Does this mean maybe that when they do become of wales' we will get the jewels? (I just really want to live vicariously through them hahaha)

I’d do a Margaret and have a bath in my tiara. Because I could! ;)
Oh same. I would be going to the big Tescos in full regalia, buying my toothpaste and cereal dripping in jewels.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
To be honest, this makes a heck of a lot of sense. They are not the Princess and Prince of Wales yet. Does this mean maybe that when they do become of wales' we will get the jewels? (I just really want to live vicariously through them hahaha)
Does Camilla wear tiaras? Always seen her very pared down - because my understanding is she isn’t PoW, right?
Apologies for the ignorance, willing to be educated!

Reactions: 1
Does Camilla wear tiaras? Always seen her very pared down - because my understanding is she isn’t PoW, right?
I can't think of a time when she's worn them, and a quick google image search... doesn't seem to be any.

Hot take: I think this might not only be because of her lacking in Princess titles, but also because the queen = not a fan

She is the Princess of Wales, but said she didn't want to take the title of princess, so opted for the Duchess of Cornwall from one of Charles' lesser titles instead.

Reactions: 13
I saw this on Twitter but the poster did correct themselves that they meant The Queen Mother.
Likely to have been done knowingly as she will be Queen consort but arguably her most important role will be as QM to Prince George.

Reactions: 6
She is the Princess of Wales, but said she didn't want to take the title of princess, so opted for the Duchess of Cornwall from one of Charles' lesser titles instead.
Thank you! Guess it’s respectful of the previous Princess of Wales…better to respect her late than never? 😬

Reactions: 4
But she is the Princess of Wales - she just doesn't use that title for … reasons…

Reactions: 10
Thank you! Guess it’s respectful of the previous Princess of Wales…better to respect her late than never? 😬
I expect William and Kate will take Prince and Princess of Wales when Charles is King and there'll be lots of gushing coverage about Kate taking on Diana's mantle. I like her, but poor woman, the shoes she has to fill are big ones - first Diana, then the Queen.

Reactions: 10
Possibly - but I’d imagine it’s also quite public opinion driven as well.

I expect William and Kate will take Prince and Princess of Wales when Charles is King and there'll be lots of gushing coverage about Kate taking on Diana's mantle. I like her, but poor woman, the shoes she has to fill are big ones - first Diana, then the Queen.
Thats where the hereditary stuff gets very odd. Charles is lucky? That he will be King so there will be some differentiation between the reigns but when William gets invested as PoW whenever he turns up people will be doing a double take for years half expecting to see Charles. The longest tenures of both leave a lasting impression.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Possibly - but I’d imagine it’s also quite public opinion driven as well.

Thats where the hereditary stuff gets very odd. Charles is lucky? That he will be King so there will be some differentiation between the reigns but when William gets invested as PoW whenever he turns up people will be doing a double take for years half expecting to see Charles. The longest tenures of both leave a lasting impression.
Do we think Charles is going to take the job or pass it directly to William? He’s not getting any younger and we all know he doesn’t want to be king ( and not just from The Crown 🤣)

Do we think Charles is going to take the job or pass it directly to William? He’s not getting any younger and we all know he doesn’t want to be king ( and not just from The Crown 🤣)
I’d be absolutely stunned if he stepped aside. Really can’t see him not being King.

Reactions: 14
He’ll definitely be King until he dies. I’ve never believed all the stories about the Queen stepping aside either that emerge every now and again. It’s a life work that he has been groomed for since birth (nearly).

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.