The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have always thought that Charles will die before the Queen and it will then pass straight to William

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I think it's because we normally see her in profile.

There was a photo on Christmas day of her (and family) being driven to Church, which was a full on face photo and she looked so much more fuller faced

Does Camilla wear tiaras? Always seen her very pared down - because my understanding is she isn’t PoW, right?
Apologies for the ignorance, willing to be educated!
She does wear them. She has an impressive big gun on loan from HMTQ and she can definitely wear it (the big hair helps). It was also created to step in as substitute crown for when they were still the Emperors of India, the real crowns couldn’t leave the country understandably. So it’s actually a pretty important piece of you think of it’s meaning.
She also is the POW. They just don’t refer to her as such to not piss of people that are still clinging onto the Diana, PoW thing. It’s just semantics. Just as she will be Queen but no one will call her that.

Re Kate’s portraits:
oh boy. I like the b/W ones even though they are over photoshopped. But at least you can recognise her. They are a bit more artsy and I think a bit too much for official portraits but pretty enough. The red dress portrait though…. Her face looks like a completely different person. The make up makes her nose really wide and her lips really thin. More something we would see from CP Mary or maybe CP Victoria. Neither the make-up, nor the pose looks even remotely how we get to see her. I remember the same month those photos were apparently taken (November 2021) she sported a similar look to the royal variety performance. Many commented on how strange her face looked then. So, no. Not a good look at all- the dress is very pretty though.
I do think they should have done at least one regal portrait with tiara and up do. She is going to be Queen and she will be the mother of a king after all. Why wait till they are first in line but old? Maybe we get a done up couple portrait for Wiliam’s birthday. That would be nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Do we think Charles is going to take the job or pass it directly to William? He’s not getting any younger and we all know he doesn’t want to be king ( and not just from The Crown 🤣)
I can’t see him passing it on and I personally don’t want him too. I think Charles has done a lot of amazing work that’s gone unnoticed because some people only focus on the Diana thing. I’m actually intrigued to see what his plans are once he’s King and I genuinely think he’ll do a great job. I don’t really think William is ready to be King yet. He and Kate haven’t really done much as has been mentioned before in this thread. I imagine they’ll do much more once they become Prince and Princess of Wales though. Plus if it does skip over Charles, we’ll never hear the end of it from the Diana maniacs.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Fair enough!! I couldn't find any by searching her name, but I suppose popping tiara in there, that'd do it hahaha

She's gone for some very big ones... they look more crown like. Not sure if that's just the size of her head and hair though?
I don’t like them, they are a bit ridiculous. My tiara preference (hark at me!) is medium size.
Though I suppose it could be worse - Sweden has the cyclops tiara after all!
D88501D3-FF6E-403C-85EF-4F1663478270.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
the photo of Kate playing the piano at the carol service would have been a great birthday portrait. She looked stunning in that!

Reactions: 2
I can't think of a time when she's worn them, and a quick google image search... doesn't seem to be any.

Hot take: I think this might not only be because of her lacking in Princess titles, but also because the queen = not a fan
Eh? She's worn the Delhi Durbar Tiara - created for Queen Mary as a replacement for her crown which couldn't be taken out of the country (King George V had the Imperial Crown of India made for him) for the enthronement as Emperor and Empress of India - as well as the Greville Tiara, favourite of the Queen Mother, and her own Cubitt Tiara. Just Google her at any State Banquet or equivalent serious evening engagement.

Reactions: 8
I love the Queen Mary Tiara.
if pressed I’d also give the Lotus Flower Tiara, the Gloucester Tiara and the Meander tiara headroom as well.
The tiara made for Lady Sarah Chatto when she married is rather lovely as well.

Reactions: 3
Re the side-profile photo, I do like the way they've posed her hand with the engagement ring and the ribbon, but the dream-like focus and the sepia tone also give me creepy vibes; a bit like when the Victorians used to prop their dead relatives up for a photo op. (Well worth a trip down that rabbit hole if you're so inclined!) :LOL:

Reactions: 7
I get the whole 'we must be relatable to the people' but let's be honest, if any of us were in the same royal position with the opportunity to wear the diamonds and sparkle, we'd never take them off!
If I was royal I'd forget relating to the peasants Koh-i-Noor encrusted slippers all the way 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Without wanting to throw a cat amongst the pigeons, I loved the tiara that Rose Hanbury wore at the state dinner a few years ago.

1641749797087.png

Reactions: 10
Ooh, that is pretty.
I rather like the tiara Camilla has from her own family - her grandmother? the Cubitt tiara.

Reactions: 2
Apparently Camilla also has the Teck Crescent Tiara on loan from the Queen but that one hasn't been seen in decades. There's loads of stuff stashed away in various royal vaults; remember the surprise when Eugenie wore the Greville Emerald Kokoshnik at her wedding as no one was still sure that the BRF still had it. Another one that hasn't been seen for nearly a century is the Strathmore Rose Tiara which was given to the Queen Mother by her parents as a wedding present.

Reactions: 5
Do we know which tiara Meghan wanted that caused her to throw a strop?

(Loving the tiara talk ... I'm having fun looking them all up.)

Reactions: 4
I think she wanted the Vladimir supposedly - with emeralds - or maybe even the one Eugenie chose?

Reactions: 1
I don’t like them, they are a bit ridiculous. My tiara preference (hark at me!) is medium size.
Though I suppose it could be worse - Sweden has the cyclops tiara after all!View attachment 977164
Against that, Sweden also has the 3kg Braganza Tiara, made for Empress Amalie of Brazil:

Screenshot_20220109-183145_Chrome.jpg

Incidentally, here's Louise Mountbatten, Queen Consort of Sweden, sister of Earl Mountbatten and Princess Alice, aunt of Prince Philip, wearing the Braganza:

Screenshot_20220109-183801_Chrome.jpg

And if you want Wonder Woman, here's Queen Sonja of Norway in her Modern Tiara and matching parure:

Screenshot_20220109-183059_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.