The Radford Family (21 Kids and Counting)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched the recent vlog and the M&M one. How do they shop with that many children?! The M&M was like a free for all! I personally would of had them all stay outside with one adult and taken them in two/three at a time.

Did they really get Hallie a Michael Kors purses too? (Got to admit I skipped alot of today's vlog so only saw her show the purse in the bag!)

Haven't watched any recent ones as no harm to them but they do not vlog well but judging by all of the girls and treats they are having it is definitely a promo of some type. The last holiday they paid for was the camping one in France, Noel wouldn't allow them in the supermarket because they wanted to buy sweets and they weren't allowed to go to the zoo as they couldn't afford it.

Reactions: 6
Now I’m thinking about how bad pregnancy is for your iron levels, bone density, hair loss/breakage, teeth, ect...

They pride themselves on not receiving benefits but they will get loads in child benefits, sue will have had free dental care and prescriptions for years. Their carbon foot print will be ridiculous!! Cost of all the children going to school. It all adds up.
I used to read Sue’s old blog, she was very open about claiming tax credits. She doesn’t class this as a ‘benefit’. They just mean that they work. Between child benefit and child tax credits they will get thousands and thousands. No idea if that’s changed now they get tv deals but they can’t earn that much from a Disney holiday that’s been obviously paid for by channel 5. It’s not a fricken magic pie shop.

Reactions: 8
Yes when the Radfords say they don't claim benefits they mean income support or another equivalent unemployment benefit. I used to read Sue's old blog too.

Reactions: 9
I used to read Sue’s old blog, she was very open about claiming tax credits. She doesn’t class this as a ‘benefit’. They just mean that they work. Between child benefit and child tax credits they will get thousands and thousands. No idea if that’s changed now they get tv deals but they can’t earn that much from a Disney holiday that’s been obviously paid for by channel 5. It’s not a fricken magic pie shop.
All benefits now are capped, also you can’t claim for children born after 2017.

Reactions: 5
Someone once did a calculation and it came up with more than £15k per year in tax credits alone. I don't begrudge them what they're entitled to, but they have been smug in the past about 'doing it all ourselves' which is rubbish. Noel slagged other families on benefits too.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
They'll still be getting full child benefit for I think 13 children though. Thats around £600-£700 every 4 weeks. That's not capped is it?

Reactions: 2
They'll still be getting full child benefit for I think 13 children though. Thats around £600-£700 every 4 weeks. That's not capped is it?
Add up to £500 per week TC and it is not an insignificant amount. If the welfare state collapsed tomorrow the Radford children would be going hungry.

Reactions: 3
Benefit cap on my applies to new claims? They will get hundreds still as even with the cap it’s hundreds of £ a week.

Reactions: 3
All benefits now are capped, also you can’t claim for children born after 2017.
No they are not. Benefits are capped for certain circumstances. It wouldn’t affect self employed. And very few of their children have been born since 2017, they would still get child benefit for those babies, but the tax credits wouldn’t increase.

Reactions: 1
Someone once did a calculation and it came up with more than £15k per year in tax credits alone. I don't begrudge them what they're entitled to, but they have been smug in the past about 'doing it all ourselves' which is rubbish. Noel slagged other families on benefits too.
It was actually much higher than that. Depending on his business costs, it appeared that the business earned just under the threshold, so they could claim maxim tax credits which were double at least your figure, but if any children have any registered disability it would be even higher. Of course claiming Tax Credits is not state funded at all Noel ?. Theres no way the magic pie shop funds this, especially as the whole company myst be currently down.
They are milking the system more than anyone else.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Also the older children, after 16/18. Either way I can’t see it being thousands, given the cap for benefits these days.
Go to entitled.co.uk the cap does not exist for working families and children that existed before 2017, I’ve no idea where you are getting you info from. I personally know of a lady with 4 children (1 disabled) and she is getting along the the lines of £2780 per child, family element of £545 and disability for 1child element £3275 + £1325 (child gets High rate care- autistic) Radfords do have 1 child with an issue that’s had numerous hospital visits and operations.
That’s £16265 for the 4 children.
So just 13 children with basic entitlement would be £36685 (13x2780 + 545) plus child benefit.
No cap as employed.
These children are a lucrative business.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
£36k in CTC?!!! 'Doing it all ourselves..' yes, well they are certainly doing it but the tax payer is subsidizing the result. Like I said I don't begrudge it at all, the children would be the victims of their parents addiction and would be going without if it wasn't for the benefits. The Radfords' figures never added up.

Reactions: 6
£36k in CTC?!!! 'Doing it all ourselves..' yes, well they are certainly doing it but the tax payer is subsidizing the result. Like I said I don't begrudge it at all, the children would be the victims of their parents addiction and would be going without if it wasn't for the benefits. The Radfords' figures never added up.
I personally don’t have an issue with them claiming their entitlement but if really hacks me off that they pretend to be financially self-sufficient. They are very careful to say they get what they are entitled to, And imply it’s just child benefit, but child benefit on top of tax credits are likely to be very high weekly figures.

Reactions: 8
Also I bet they make a fair bit from the television show or interviews etc. They never say about that and all the freebies that go with it

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.