The Radford Family (21 Kids and Counting)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is going to sound horrible but I wonder if social services have any input with the family? Not in a horrible way, but in a “do you need support way”.

I quite like them as a family, and it must be lovely having so many siblings. However I don’t have siblings so...
They have had a nanny to help in the past but they don't really admit to it.
They had a fall out with a local vlogger a few months ago because she mentioned the nanny.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Why on earth have they had so many children??!
I think since she started having kids so young, she just doesn't know what else to do and seems addicted to being pregnant. I don't get why you'd want to keep putting yourself at risk though. I said the same about Kirsty Freer.

When the last show came out, loads of people were calling them out about the age gap and it baffled me how many people were defending them all 'oh they seem a lovely family, their kids are cared for and the dad works so why does it matter?' Like wtf? That doesn't make it okay?

Reactions: 2
I just watched that vlog. Hell they sound like a nightmare! Man they are going to hate this site if they can’t handle someone saying they had a nanny.
Sue does seem emotionally stunted. She must be at such risk of a prolapse. I think things are going to be in a right mess down below later in life.
How can she possibly remember the joy of each birth..each child’s mile stones? Must all merge into one.
Think how many grandchildren they are going to end up with...

Reactions: 11
why the hell did they bring the grown up children, its a kids holiday, its such a big expense for a place that is really for little ones, its just weird to me that at that age the parents still forking out on adult children that should be going on their own vacations by now. id be hella bored. the little ones would have had a better experience with less of them there and more attention on enjoying the little rides for their age. some of them look older enough to be a parent to one of those children lol

Reactions: 4
Now I’m thinking about how bad pregnancy is for your iron levels, bone density, hair loss/breakage, teeth, ect...

They pride themselves on not receiving benefits but they will get loads in child benefits, sue will have had free dental care and prescriptions for years. Their carbon foot print will be ridiculous!! Cost of all the children going to school. It all adds up.

Reactions: 19
They did the Disney Parks last time, this time they did Universal Studios and seem to be chilling out a bit more. I can't imagine social services would be interested, the children are fed, attend school, house is clean and neither parent appears to have any significant mental health or substance abuse issues. There is a massive gap between children not getting enough attention and neglect in the eyes of SS.

Reactions: 17
why the hell did they bring the grown up children, its a kids holiday, its such a big expense for a place that is really for little ones, its just weird to me that at that age the parents still forking out on adult children that should be going on their own vacations by now. id be hella bored. the little ones would have had a better experience with less of them there and more attention on enjoying the little rides for their age. some of them look older enough to be a parent to one of those children lol
It's obviously a family holiday. Just because someone reaches the age of 18 doesn't mean they should be excluded from a family holiday! ?

Reactions: 41
They don’t receive benefits but in the past they have admitted to receiving tax credits which would be a huge amount of money for that many children.

I have no idea what their income is now and if they still receive it but they definitely have in the past. I know when I claimed in the past that with just two children I receive over £100 a week with an income of £18.000. I earn more now and so does my husband so we no longer receive it.

I think if they lived in the south they would struggle as housing alone would be 4 times the price of the house they have.

Reactions: 3
They have had a nanny to help in the past but they don't really admit to it.
They had a fall out with a local vlogger a few months ago because she mentioned the nanny.

I wouldn’t blame them for using a nanny, given the amount of children. Surely it’d be helpful to have extra hands around the place.

Reactions: 5
Regarding benefits, they don’t claim tax credits etc but child benefit itself wouldn’t be thousands.
Looking at the age of the children they are looking at around a couple of hundred pounds a month, which isn’t a massive amount given the size of the family (food, clothing, etc).

I personally like this family, I think the children are well loved, cared for and well mannered.
They all seem to get enough attention, and the older children help out, which in fairness usually happens within families.

Their holiday was probably booked a long time ago, given the time of the month, and the fact that they aren’t doing Disney would of cut the costs of their holiday. So I don’t think “they’ve gone all out” but again it wouldn’t have been cheap.

Reactions: 11
I wouldn’t blame them for using a nanny, given the amount of children. Surely it’d be helpful to have extra hands around the place.
Did I say there was no need for a nanny? No. I just showed how they behave if some speaks out about them.

Reactions: 7
They have never said that they don't get tax credits now. Their income according to the last figure that Noel provided The Sun was under the threshold. I don't care if they do receive them, but get fed up the way they go on about its 'all their hard work'. There is no way they are doing it on his salary alone.

Reactions: 13
They have never said that they don't get tax credits now. Their income according to the last figure that Noel provided The Sun was under the threshold. I don't care if they do receive them, but get fed up the way they go on about its 'all their hard work'. There is no way they are doing it on his salary alone.
They actually did say on this morning that they didn’t receive tax credits, again no one knows. But I’m sure if they did someone would have stated it by now?

Reactions: 2
If you write anything not gushing on their FB Page, you get deleted and blocked within minutes. I judge people who fawn over them and claim they take nothing from the state. Because that makes them stupid and gullible.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I always got the impression, the drive for more kids came from Noel and not Sue. He seems to be the one addicted to babies!
Yes actually you have a point. I remember watching after they had Alfie ( the one that died) and Sue said she wasn’t sure she wanted to try again, but Noel was like I’m sure you’ll change your mind or something similar so yes he could be the one pressurising. Annoys me though as he isn’t the one who has to carry the baby and I can’t imagine how risky her pregnancies have been.

Also I do wish they would stop going about not receiving benefits because they must do. Tax credits and child benefit surely.
The problem is they can’t honestly survive on what they earn with that many children so they probably rely on tv interviews, documentaries etc.

If they do indeed stop having more kids the money will eventually dry up.

As for them affording holidays to Florida well I don t believe they paid for that out of their own pocket. It would cost a fortune!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Did I say there was no need for a nanny? No. I just showed how they behave if some speaks out about them.
I just watched that video, shocking behaviour from the Radford Family, what a bunch of bullies.

Reactions: 5
I stayed where they are in May, it's Champions Gate, very nice development, fantastic facilities but one of the pricier places to stay. Everything around there is extortionate, that Publix supermarket they went in we seemed to spend $100+ a pop daily and that was for a family of 4. That Millers restaurant they were in was the only place in my life that I have sent a meal back twice it was that bad.

Everything seems so much effort, 2 vans, waiting for a table for 18 so they can eat pancakes.The chaos. I couldn't do it.

Reactions: 8
I stayed where they are in May, it's Champions Gate, very nice development, fantastic facilities but one of the pricier places to stay. Everything around there is extortionate, that Publix supermarket they went in we seemed to spend $100+ a pop daily and that was for a family of 4. That Millers restaurant they were in was the only place in my life that I have sent a meal back twice it was that bad.

Everything seems so much effort, 2 vans, waiting for a table for 18 so they can eat pancakes.The chaos. I couldn't do it.
That's what makes me think it is some sort of sponsored deal, Noel is letting the kids buy loads of food and they usually cook at the villa but they seem to be eating out daily.

Reactions: 6
It's a kids holiday, eh? Oh, no one told me that before I had my honeymoon there! Whoops.

I also still holidayed with my parents in my 20s (I was contributing by then however).

Didn't realise there were so many rules when it comes to holidaying!!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It's a kids holiday, eh? Oh, no one told me that before I had my honeymoon there! Whoops.

I also still holidayed with my parents in my 20s (I was contributing by then however).

Didn't realise there were so many rules when it comes to holidaying!!
We got married there!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.