The Radford Family #2 21 Kids and still Counting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did say that, I’m not trying to be insensitive to the situation and many people struggle (my dad was adopted by an amazing set of parents but struggled his whole life with ‘not being wanted’ by his birth mum. It’s destroyed him) but it’s not quite the story that’s often referred to.
The whole thing is horrid. As a mum I can't imagine wanting to give my baby up x

Reactions: 1
A relative owns a business and was explaining loopholes such as that. If you try finding Noel's pie shop by its name, Noel's or on the governments companies house website they're nowhere to be found [emoji102][emoji102].
All legal technically and above board but morally wrong and dishonest. Especially with 20+ kids and always on about how they dont claim.

Episode at the start of the year mentioned the uniform grant while they were out school shopping.

Go Fund Me
Well, well well. If you look on their website for the contact us, they come under Faradays Bakery....
7EDE2FDD-DAF8-441F-B6CE-4A159B7B3FEB.jpeg

There are quite a lot of hits on this 😱

Looks like it didn’t score too highly in July 2019...
86FE8551-5875-48B2-B766-677D55821D50.png

AF4CA2A7-F2CA-41F7-9EB8-CB81DD4E2428.jpeg

CC644D20-A269-4A0B-BDB0-7622175A237A.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but all the kids are well looked after, happy and loved from what we see on TV. And they said they dont get any help with their income as they have their own business. I do think they should have stopped once they had grandchildren... but it's their life and if that's what makes them happy. They were both adopted and you dont really know what the circumstances were. They have clearly longed for a family as children and are trying to make a life for their kids that they never had.

Reactions: 3
I was watching the c4 doc where Sophie got married and i didnt see him wear gloves or a hairnet once while preparing pies in the bakery, same with when the older girls were helping him out.

With regards to the Sue being 13/Noel being 18...
I get what people are saying about the age difference completely. (Personally, I'd kill any 18 year old that went near my daughter but..)

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that a 13 year olds body is not designed for having a baby. Just because you can technically get pregnant doesn't mean you should or its safe to do so. A child's body would be severely traumatised by pregnancy and birth, not to mention the emotions experienced.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I think essentially in eyeshot the kids are looked after fed clothed but emotionally I think there deprived like all those children would have to fight for attention I know the older ones tend to the little ones and now she's pregnant again 🙄there is no stopping them she comes across a little niave vulnerable but she isn't all that innocent just last year herself and Chloe were bullying a lady on YouTube because she voiced her opinion which we are all entitled .

Reactions: 13
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but all the kids are well looked after, happy and loved from what we see on TV. And they said they dont get any help with their income as they have their own business. I do think they should have stopped once they had grandchildren... but it's their life and if that's what makes them happy. They were both adopted and you dont really know what the circumstances were. They have clearly longed for a family as children and are trying to make a life for their kids that they never had.
I don’t think you’ve read the thread.

I’m astounded people aren’t more shocked by the horrifying state of the magic pie shop. And if that’s what they sell to other people what is their hygiene like at home.
It’s clear they are not actually running that business any more. There’s an odd terrible review for the pies as well, with customers not receiving orders paid for (lucky escape by the sound of it)
There’s no way their you tube channel is bringing in that sort of money so Noel must be fiddling his books for max tax credits and uniform grants. Sly and revolting when you brag about not being state dependent.

I think essentially in eyeshot the kids are looked after fed clothed but emotionally I think there deprived like all those children would have to fight for attention I know the older ones tend to the little ones and now she's pregnant again 🙄there is no stopping them she comes across a little niave vulnerable but she isn't all that innocent just last year herself and Chloe were bullying a lady on YouTube because she voiced her opinion which we are all entitled .
The kids are now clothed by next. No idea why next would want the Revolting Radford s advertising their clothes but Sue and Noel don’t pay for them.
They keep having more babies because they get given holidays and clothes.

Reactions: 5
That's interesting about the shop...it has been apparent for some time now that Noel spends a lot more time at home, so is clearly not doing the 12 hour working days that they used to say he did. They still have the online business so perhaps he just does that out of the shop? He may be getting carer's allowance for Tillie at the moment.

That's interesting about the shop...it has been apparent for some time now that Noel spends a lot more time at home, so is clearly not doing the 12 hour working days that they used to say he did. They still have the online business so perhaps he just does that out of the shop? He may be getting carer's allowance for Tillie at the moment.
The online business is run from Faradays bakery. There’s no way they can still be online selling with those sort of inspections? Surely?

Reactions: 2
The online business is run from Faradays bakery. There’s no way they can still be online selling with those sort of inspections? Surely?
I saw a few people commenting that they ordered pies recently so they must be. AFAIK a premises is only closed down when the rating is 0.

To put it in context a premises is rated 0 when there is live or decaying animals visible. The place must be filthy at a 1.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I saw a few people commenting that they ordered pies recently so they must be. AFAIK a premises is only closed down when the rating is 0.

To put it in context a premises is rated 0 when there is live or decaying animals visible. The place must be filthy at a 1.
Management can bring the ratings right down too, sounds like they’ve neglected it which I suppose is became obvious non of the children want to work there and he doesn’t seem to be at work much these days wonder if the shops closed but they sell online?

I find the rating about the shop comical.

"A rating of 1 means that major improvements are needed. If an organisation score between 45 and 50 points, they’ll receive this rating. Organisations can amount this number of points if there are multiple breaches to food hygiene and a lack of training among staff."

It sounds like a lovely place to eat if you want to get sick and the opening times are only listed from 8-2pm.

Reactions: 2
I think the kids always look like they could do with some fresh air and a good night's sleep. They always look pale and tired to me.

Reactions: 10
I think the kids always look like they could do with some fresh air and a good night's sleep. They always look pale and tired to me.
Also giving the kids a life ‘they never had’ (which I don’t agree with as Sue was adopted as a baby it’s a bit rude to say she had no childhood-she could’ve had a lovely childhood and still have messed up feelings about adoption) but why is that having so many they can’t be indulged or given one to one. Can’t follow passions or have play dates or go to parties (unless the older kids are roped in, 2 people, 1 working could not accommodate this)the kids life apart from freebie holidays looks absolutely dreadful.

Reactions: 10
Also giving the kids a life ‘they never had’ (which I don’t agree with as Sue was adopted as a baby it’s a bit rude to say she had no childhood-she could’ve had a lovely childhood and still have messed up feelings about adoption) but why is that having so many they can’t be indulged or given one to one. Can’t follow passions or have play dates or go to parties (unless the older kids are roped in, 2 people, 1 working could not accommodate this)the kids life apart from freebie holidays looks absolutely dreadful.
On that home tour Sue did on YouTube three of the younger girls were sleeping in what looked like a cupboard. It was literally three tiny beds, no windows, no toys, no decorations. It looked grim.

Has anyone ever seen any books in that house? Or any of the kids doing any hobbies/sports/music/cubs/brownies? All I've seen is the older boys in their rooms gaming.

It looks like a miserable existence to me and absolutely not what I would want for any child.

Reactions: 8
On that home tour Sue did on YouTube three of the younger girls were sleeping in what looked like a cupboard. It was literally three tiny beds, no windows, no toys, no decorations. It looked grim.

Has anyone ever seen any books in that house? Or any of the kids doing any hobbies/sports/music/cubs/brownies? All I've seen is the older boys in their rooms gaming.

It looks like a miserable existence to me and absolutely not what I would want for any child.
I remember that bedroom. Vile. I’m sure not good from a health and safety aspect to have 3 small children in a bedroom with no window.
It’s like a kind of horror story orphanage.

New lurker here! I have heard about this family many times and I just can't understand why anyone would want this amount of children. Someone said in a previous comment that a 13 year olds body isn't designed for pregnancy and that pregnancy must traumatise a childs body. I am amazed she was able to carry another 21 to term. It's very sad that they lost Alfie but I'm wondering if that was her body's way of saying no more babies. But yet she's managed to carry several more to term, each with increasing risk to both mother and child. I think is so selfish, not only to her children but to the government and to the taxpayer. I don't know how her body has coped with 22 previous pregnancies, and now a 23rd my mum carried two babies to term and she was in and out of hospital for the whole 9 months of both! It can't be doing her any good. Her womb must be extremely strong, but by now must be about fall to pieces. I've seen some people mention that she's said her womb is now weak. She must be considered high risk. she's already had quite a few scans and shes about 16 weeks now. some of them private and some of them on the NHS. Not to mention the effects of advanced maternal age! At her age her baby has 1 in 32 chance of having down syndrome. she is also at a much higher risk of stillbirth, preterm labour, gestational diabetes, postpartum haemorrhage and of also needing an elective or emergency C-Section. I doubt this pregnancy was an accident. I do fully believe they were actively TTC. which is RIDICULOUS! She is putting herself at such risk to have another baby when they already have so many.

I've just watched that house tour. 2 of the older boys have extensive gaming set ups in their respective rooms. They have a mamaroo and a bugaboo donkey duo (which sells for like £1400!). All the kids rooms have TVs in them and quite nice stuff. How are they managing to claim uniform allowance? I find the room setups weird. I get the older ones having their own rooms but millie, chloe and the oldest boy? have decent sized rooms to themselves while some of the younger ones are crammed into tiny rooms, which would be suited to having 3 children in them. i mean 2 of the boys are crammed into a room that looks about 6ft wide and then theres the two girls in that cupboard looking thing with no windows! and they have a bedroom downstairs which is being used as a bedroom but is being used as chloes makeup room? shes got quite a big room. that room should have two girls who are in that room with no bleeping windows or the two boys who are crammed into that six foot across room!!!!!!

Reactions: 16
New lurker here! I have heard about this family many times and I just can't understand why anyone would want this amount of children. Someone said in a previous comment that a 13 year olds body isn't designed for pregnancy and that pregnancy must traumatise a childs body. I am amazed she was able to carry another 21 to term. It's very sad that they lost Alfie but I'm wondering if that was her body's way of saying no more babies. But yet she's managed to carry several more to term, each with increasing risk to both mother and child. I think is so selfish, not only to her children but to the government and to the taxpayer. I don't know how her body has coped with 22 previous pregnancies, and now a 23rd my mum carried two babies to term and she was in and out of hospital for the whole 9 months of both! It can't be doing her any good. Her womb must be extremely strong, but by now must be about fall to pieces. I've seen some people mention that she's said her womb is now weak. She must be considered high risk. she's already had quite a few scans and shes about 16 weeks now. some of them private and some of them on the NHS. Not to mention the effects of advanced maternal age! At her age her baby has 1 in 32 chance of having down syndrome. she is also at a much higher risk of stillbirth, preterm labour, gestational diabetes, postpartum haemorrhage and of also needing an elective or emergency C-Section. I doubt this pregnancy was an accident. I do fully believe they were actively TTC. which is RIDICULOUS! She is putting herself at such risk to have another baby when they already have so many.

I've just watched that house tour. 2 of the older boys have extensive gaming set ups in their respective rooms. They have a mamaroo and a bugaboo donkey duo (which sells for like £1400!). All the kids rooms have TVs in them and quite nice stuff. How are they managing to claim uniform allowance? I find the room setups weird. I get the older ones having their own rooms but millie, chloe and the oldest boy? have decent sized rooms to themselves while some of the younger ones are crammed into tiny rooms, which would be suited to having 3 children in them. i mean 2 of the boys are crammed into a room that looks about 6ft wide and then theres the two girls in that cupboard looking thing with no windows! and they have a bedroom downstairs which is being used as a bedroom but is being used as chloes makeup room? shes got quite a big room. that room should have two girls who are in that room with no bleeping windows or the two boys who are crammed into that six foot across room!!!!!!
They obviously have an addiction. Its a selfish one and they genuinely don't care for anyone but themselves...there is no thought put into the long term. Just week to week, month to month and live the high life on freebies.....

Reactions: 7

After the house tour I too thought it was really odd that they have empty large bedrooms whilst some of them are really cramped in. Then I remembered Chloe saying that they have to pay rent once they are working, so maybe the rate they are charging per bedroom is too expensive, hence they can only afford a bed in a room and not a room to themselves? She always said that the children liked sharing a room, there used to be 6 girls and boys to a room which seemed odd seeing as they have 10 bedrooms. In the morning they would all be in one bed which seemed weird, I know young children like to hop into a siblings bed if they're scared of whatever, but for them all to be in one bed every night seems to me as if they have an unhealthy need for comfort from each other.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.