The queen’s jubilee. What are your thoughts & plans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lets hope not, the Queen being the last monarch wouldn't be a bad thing. Dated and done. All this crap about devoting her life, lets not pretend she hasn't been paid handsomely for it, or didn't have a choice. I'm sure she's a nice lady (or is she, do we really know?), but I could not give less of a flying duck. Sure I understand from her perspective why she is celebrating, but the amount of money is grotesque. Read the room.
Agreed. Yes she’s spent her life going to events and making appearances but If I were the queen id try to make a bit more of a difference for the people in my country. And if someone comes back and tells me she has no say or influence then what exactly is the point of her? It’s the younger royals who do all the charity work etc.

I will be enjoying a drink on Wednesday evening knowing I don’t have work at 8am on Thursday but that’s the extent of it.

Also agree- £1bn spent on the weekend, that’s bloody outrageous.
Yet when Marcus Rashford asked for that £1 billion to feed starving kids through the holidays- ‘nope- it’s time that parents took responsibility for feeding their kids!’

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I'm thanking my lucky stars for Netflix and youtube this week. The wall-to-wall coverage on TV is nauseating.

Reactions: 5
Hoping it’s sunny so I can hide away in the garden…. Avoiding the street party that’s going on down our road!!

Reactions: 1
Unpopular opinion, if you don’t want to celebrate the Queens jubilee, fine. But don’t take the bank holiday. Go into work and don’t take the time and a half pay. People really quick to slate the day yet will take all the benefits. (Obviously this goes to people who have the bank holiday off for it)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Unpopular opinion, if you don’t want to celebrate the Queens jubilee, fine. But don’t take the bank holiday. Go into work and don’t take the time and a half pay. People really quick to slate the day yet will take all the benefits. (Obviously this goes to people who have the bank holiday off for it)
Earnest question, why? What's wrong with not celebrating but taking the day off? It's the same as atheists celebrating Christmas and Easter surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Best comment I've heard, yep let's celebrate 70 years of being privileged

Reactions: 7
I like QE2, she's a formidable, intelligent lady, born into something she knew nothing of. We can't predict what we are destined for.
She's never let herself down, I respect her to be honest.

Do people have a choice ? ...none that I've seen .

Reactions: 12
My house is upside down currently (moving soon!) but my garden still looks nice (even put cute bunting up) the plan is to watch some of the live tv, then me and my son are going to bake cakes and have a bbq in the garden, just the two of us, with games of snap, colouring books, our cakes and a teapot of tea ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Earnest question, why? What's wrong with not celebrating but taking the day off? It's the same as atheists celebrating Christmas and Easter surely?
I just don’t agree with it, I find it hypocritical. I wouldn’t take a day off for a religious festival I’m not a member of the community of. I am religious and do celebrate my own religious festivals, but wouldn’t dare do it for Eid for example as I’m not Muslim.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I remember the silver jubilee and getting a special coin at school . .
I also remember my daughters getting a beautiful bone China cup from school ( must have been the golden jubilee?)
Did schools give a anything for the platinum jubilee or do funds no longer stretch to that?

Reactions: 3
I like QE2, she's a formidable, intelligent lady, born into something she knew nothing of. We can't predict what we are destined for.
She's never let herself down, I respect her to be honest.
I was brought up to respect old age . I've nothing against her tbh.

Reactions: 4
I was brought up to respect old age . I've nothing against her tbh.
Am the same, but tbh what's been going on in that family, I really don't give a flying duck, just nice to have a couple of days off!!

Reactions: 4
Am the same, but tbh what's been going on in that family, I really don't give a flying duck, just nice to have a couple of days off!!
I find it odd some people think we're hypocritical for something that's completely out of our hands 😂

• Heart
I booked a ticket a while ago to see a musical in London, not thinking or even realising the celebrations would be on 😅

I was like oh yes finally time for me to do something fun for myself and Il pop to platform 9¾ too, but it's going to be sooooo busy 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m working as normal Thursday and Friday and not doing anything different to my normal plans. Bank holidays are just added as part of my holiday allowance and would rather have the days when I need them.

I have nothing particularly against the queen or royals in general but I find the idea of a street party and the parades all a bit cringe too. I live near Glasgow and don’t know anyone doing anything jubilee related at all

Reactions: 3
Have I got this right: we won't get post today or tomorrow but it'll be normal on Saturday?

I am waiting on a medical letter was was up thinking about it