The queen’s jubilee. What are your thoughts & plans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don’t agree with it, I find it hypocritical. I wouldn’t take a day off for a religious festival I’m not a member of the community of. I am religious and do celebrate my own religious festivals, but wouldn’t dare do it for Eid for example as I’m not Muslim.
This doesn't correlate boo

Anyways my friend is doing in the evening a little get together for Grenfell as 2 people she knows passed away. So I'll be attending that on this bank holiday I didn't get to pick to be part of or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Regardless of what I feel about the royals, I do feel sad for the Queen. She must be feeling pretty terrible to miss an event that is so important to her. I know she’s a hell of an age and has had a great run, but it must be so gut wrenching for her, her whole life for this moment and she has to watch it on TV.

Reactions: 2
This doesn't correlate boo

Anyways my friend is doing in the evening a little get together for Grenfell as 2 people she knows passed away. So I'll be attending that on this bank holiday I didn't get to pick to be part of or not.
Please don’t “boo” me. Explain how it doesn’t correlate? Why would you celebrate something you don’t believe in. It is hypocritical.

Interesting opinion, though not one I agree with.

Using the Royal Family as a way to get a day off seems perfectly legitimate to me, given that we pay for them. It might even be more legitimate than atheists not working on Xmas Day.

I would go further and have a specific King/Queen's Day bank holiday each year, as they do in the Netherlands.
Even though we do not agree with each other, I appreciate you being respectful, unlike other members here.

Reactions: 1
The fact that when the Queen dies Charles’ face will be all over money, stamps, passports, police and military uniforms instead of her’s is quite sad. As well as post boxes changing and singing god save the king instead of god save the queen. I’m not a fan of the royals but her dying is going to change everything. It’ll also cost the UK economy billions. I don’t know when the next time we will actually see a genuine (biological) queen on the throne will be, I guess if George has a daughter. Which a lot of people might not be alive to see

I saw the queen’s mother lived for 101 years though, so hopefully she still has a few more years left. Her Christmas speeches no longer being televised every year will be so strange

I wish Anne was next in line tbh. Whenever I see Charles and Cam all I can think of is poor Diana saying there was 3 in their marriage so it was quite crowded 😥

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The fact that when the Queen dies Charles’ face will be all over money, stamps, passports, police and military uniforms instead of her’s is quite sad. As well as post boxes changing and singing god save the king instead of god save the queen. I’m not a fan of the royals but her dying is going to change everything. It’ll also cost the UK economy billions. I don’t know when the next time we will actually see a genuine (biological) queen on the throne will be, I guess if George has a daughter. Which a lot of people might not be alive to see

I saw the queen’s mother lived for 101 years though, so hopefully she still has a few more years left. Her Christmas speeches no longer being televised every year will be so strange
I KNOW, it's like any Charles' stamp or whatever would appear counterfeit! You'd get a bit confused

• Haha
It will be so strange won’t it, I’d of liked to see Charles hand the throne to William instead when the time comes for him but I don’t think that would happen

I watched the celebrations on TV and raised a glass in respect for a life given in service of her country and Commonwealth.

The fact that when the Queen dies Charles’ face will be all over money, stamps, passports, police and military uniforms instead of her’s is quite sad.
They won't all change at once. Money etc with Charles' image will come into circulation alongside that of the Queen. It wouldn't be practical to scrap all the former reign's stuff at once. By the end of pre-decimal currency, there were coins with pictures of different monarch's going back to Victoria.

They won't all change at once. Money etc with Charles' image will come into circulation alongside that of the Queen. It wouldn't be practical to scrap all the former reign's stuff at once. By the end of pre-decimal currency, there were coins with pictures of different monarch's going back to Victoria.
It will be a job updating the all post boxes . Mind , there are still Victoria post boxes as we went to see one when we were at school.. I don't recall ever seeing a George or Edward post box.

It will be a job updating the all post boxes . Mind , there are still Victoria post boxes as we went to see one when we were at school.. I don't recall ever seeing a George or Edward post box.
All of the post boxes near me (South London/Surrey) are George - I can’t remember the last time I saw one with ER on it. They don’t change the existing ones, it’s only new ones that will be for Charles when the time comes.

On the subject of post boxes did anyone see these images shared on Twitter recently? Thought it was really cool.
338EA815-A7F9-41C7-90AB-F487520965B2.jpeg
4437F7D6-35D9-4A6B-9661-7061716E92BB.jpeg
BDD16449-A39D-4F53-9721-D6F57BE5E669.jpeg

• Wow
All of the post boxes near me (South London/Surrey) are George - I can’t remember the last time I saw one with ER on it. They don’t change the existing ones, it’s only new ones that will be for Charles when the time comes.
All the post boxes in Plymouth/South West are ER 😂

Reactions: 1