The queen’s jubilee. What are your thoughts & plans?

How do you feel about the jubilee.?

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone going all out celebrating or is it just a free bank holiday weekend for most?

was interested to see if many people had events scheduled in their area, were putting flags out, were planning on holding a party or attending one…..

and if they’re locked out in the cold…
Are you inviting the LA -red carpet royal- Markles.
(Please don’t argue about the markles here, we have a thread for that 😂)

Reactions: 1
Won't be celebrating and am a republican in general (think the Royal family are too expensive and take more than they give) but I think Elizabeth herself is great. Also, I can't blame any excuse for a piss up after the two years we've all had.

Reactions: 11
Not really. Will watch some of it on TV, but with these big royal occasions, I get bored after a while and end up doing something else.

Reactions: 5
Someone on my parent's street is having a garden party for the jubilee and has invited the whole street however its a really quiet area and people keep themselves to themselves. The lady didn't even know my parents names to add to the invite so that was abit awkward. It's not something I would spend any money on given the current cost of living crisis if anything it would be nice for the Queen and Royal Family to do something to show support for struggling people as they have alot more money than the rest of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m enjoying eating the various jubilee themed foods, and my daughter’s going to nursery next Friday dressed as a princess (dress up day). That’s the extent of it, I think the monarchy is outdated and almost obscene in this cost of living crisis

• Heart
Reactions: 15
...I'm no anti-royalist but in this current climate I think it's vulgar as duck...the amount of money that will be spent could be better used elsewhere...

Reactions: 36
The government couldn’t feed starving kids during the pandemic but they’ve spent over a billion on the jubilee.

Nah, I’ll pass thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think it is quite something that the Queen has reigned for 70 years. The thought of there being someone else on the throne seems so alien to me .

I do like the Queen .

There's a thing on at my little one's school , parents can go in for the little fair in the afternoon. There's some events in the market place in our Town, and a bit bunting up in places. I think this is organised by the town council so it will be out of the Christmas lights / hanging basket budget.

In 2012, my oldest got a commemorative mug for school for that jubilee.

Reactions: 3
Couldn't care less about the royals but il take the bank holiday.

The village I live in are having a 2 day celebration... Which I will wonder up for some free fireworks and that's all.

Reactions: 6
I'll be running round like Ginger Spice (not ) ☺
I admire anyone that can live their life in the public eye from the cradle to the grave ...Good luck to her (y)

Reactions: 5
I got tickets for the jubilee concert…I’m so excited. I quite like the royals but I can also see why some people don’t.

Reactions: 6
I'd like to say I am going to have a tit to celebrate, but to be honest I'll probably need a poo anyway so not sure it can be seen to be a celebration?

Nothing vaguely Jubilee happening round my way and I would hoof someone off my doorstep if they tried to rope me into anything. Her maj can kiss my fat arse as far as I'm concerned, the miserable old boot.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m looking forward to a 4 day weekend - cheers Lizzy. I’ll probably watch some of the concert, the line up looks quite good.

Reactions: 4
I love the monarchy, generally speaking. I think the queen has performed her duties amazingly well over many years.

But I will be avoiding the blanket coverage of the Jubilee as I don’t want to listen the BBC and Sky droning on and on, filling space with utter drivel and fawning nonsense. I shall pay my respects quietly and in my own way.

I cannot imagine the amount of people in London and Windsor next weekend. It will be absolutely crammed. Good job covid isn't what it was otherwise it would be the most super spreader event out there.

Reactions: 1
Looking forward to some time off but nothing planned. I don't care about the royals and I'd rather not have them to be honest. Like other people said, having lavish celebrations when a lot of people in the country are struggling is distasteful imo.

Reactions: 10
I'm not a Royalist, my close is having a party for it and the organiser has asked dictated that no cars be driven in the close that afternoon. I shall be making the most of the bank holiday weekend by going out and hoping most places are relatively quiet to people having street parties.

Reactions: 2
I’d have been happy if everyone got a free coupon for a cake or something… anything! Would have been really appreciated given the current costs of everything.

Like another poster one of our neighbours has invited the whole street to their garden party. I have no idea who they are. We try to keep to ourselves and honestly couldn’t imagine anything worse. Some of our neighbours are horrendous to live near and make our lives unbearable at times so pretending we’re all best of friends for the day all seems a bit absurd 🤪 Will be going out for the day to avoid the whole thing 😂

Reactions: 10
I don't mind the Queen.
The rest of them can go piss on the electrics tbh.
I'd be not bothered of Queen was final royal.

This jubilee is going to be used by people as an excuse to get drunk, not that they need an excuse. More people are celebrating a 4 day weekend than the queen... Especially as it's supposedly going to be nice weather wise.