Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

controlledrage

The government couldn’t feed starving kids during the pandemic but they’ve spent over a billion on the jubilee.

Nah, I’ll pass thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 36

ScotsWildCat

...I'm no anti-royalist but in this current climate I think it's vulgar as fuck...the amount of money that will be spent could be better used elsewhere...

Reactions: 36

MeeShellMahBell

The Queen has devoted her whole life to serving her country and totally deserves it to be celebrated.
I agree with you here.
But, at the same time, there's people in this country that can't afford housing, food, heating, etc.

Spending many.many.millions to celebrate someone worth many many many millions seems a bit... Tactless? In bad taste?

I don't know, just a bit.. off.
She'll be parading about in a carriage of gold whilst kids less than 5 miles away don't know if they'll be eating that night.
Dunno, seems, I dunno... You know..

🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Catfan2

Chatty Member
I’m shocked at some of the answers on here - I expected a few ‘don’t cares’, but the majority of you don’t 😢. This is something we will never see again in our lifetime. The Queen has devoted her whole life to serving her country and totally deserves it to be celebrated. Maybe I’m older than most of you and that’s why I feel that way 🤷🏻‍♀️. Each to their own anyway. God Save The Queen 🇬🇧

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

jackolantern

VIP Member
I wonder if Britain will ever see another seventy-year monarchical reign.
Lets hope not, the Queen being the last monarch wouldn't be a bad thing. Dated and done. All this crap about devoting her life, lets not pretend she hasn't been paid handsomely for it, or didn't have a choice. I'm sure she's a nice lady (or is she, do we really know?), but I could not give less of a flying fuck. Sure I understand from her perspective why she is celebrating, but the amount of money is grotesque. Read the room.

Reactions: 19

chapterthree

Unpopular opinion, if you don’t want to celebrate the Queens jubilee, fine. But don’t take the bank holiday. Go into work and don’t take the time and a half pay. People really quick to slate the day yet will take all the benefits. (Obviously this goes to people who have the bank holiday off for it)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

a.pain

VIP Member
I’m enjoying eating the various jubilee themed foods, and my daughter’s going to nursery next Friday dressed as a princess (dress up day). That’s the extent of it, I think the monarchy is outdated and almost obscene in this cost of living crisis

• Heart
Reactions: 15

emerald

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion, if you don’t want to celebrate the Queens jubilee, fine. But don’t take the bank holiday. Go into work and don’t take the time and a half pay. People really quick to slate the day yet will take all the benefits. (Obviously this goes to people who have the bank holiday off for it)
Earnest question, why? What's wrong with not celebrating but taking the day off? It's the same as atheists celebrating Christmas and Easter surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Total waste of money. I remember the silver jubilee and my son who was born in 77 got a silver crown coin, We had street parties and it was great we raised our own street party money. those days though IMO are gone, redundant, We are not the same people anymore we are more worldly

What exactly is the billion being spent on? There is loads going on in my village but all paid for by those attending.

We are always told they bring in more than they cost. That is pure BS. We have a tourist trade that would still be as busy royals or no royals same as France and all the other countries that have good history but no royals.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
I'd like to say I am going to have a shit to celebrate, but to be honest I'll probably need a poo anyway so not sure it can be seen to be a celebration?

Nothing vaguely Jubilee happening round my way and I would hoof someone off my doorstep if they tried to rope me into anything. Her maj can kiss my fat arse as far as I'm concerned, the miserable old boot.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

monga

VIP Member
I’m shocked at some of the answers on here - I expected a few ‘don’t cares’, but the majority of you don’t 😢. This is something we will never see again in our lifetime. The Queen has devoted her whole life to serving her country and totally deserves it to be celebrated. Maybe I’m older than most of you and that’s why I feel that way 🤷🏻‍♀️. Each to their own anyway. God Save The Queen 🇬🇧
I think the monarchy will die with her ,the younger generation have no interest in the royals and the older generation have no interest in Charles .

monga

VIP Member
Do people have a choice ? ...none that I've seen .

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
I'm a bit peeved that people won't be able to get a GP appointment until at least Monday. With people struggling to get appointments as it is, this week is a 3 day week and GP practices will be shut.

Reactions: 11

emerald

VIP Member
Won't be celebrating and am a republican in general (think the Royal family are too expensive and take more than they give) but I think Elizabeth herself is great. Also, I can't blame any excuse for a piss up after the two years we've all had.

Reactions: 11

aymef

I will be enjoying a drink on Wednesday evening knowing I don’t have work at 8am on Thursday but that’s the extent of it.

Also agree- £1bn spent on the weekend, that’s bloody outrageous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

Princesst

Chatty Member
I’d have been happy if everyone got a free coupon for a cake or something… anything! Would have been really appreciated given the current costs of everything.

Like another poster one of our neighbours has invited the whole street to their garden party. I have no idea who they are. We try to keep to ourselves and honestly couldn’t imagine anything worse. Some of our neighbours are horrendous to live near and make our lives unbearable at times so pretending we’re all best of friends for the day all seems a bit absurd 🤪 Will be going out for the day to avoid the whole thing 😂

Reactions: 10