The queen’s jubilee. What are your thoughts & plans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are various street parties going on around my town but I won't be going, will watch a bit of the celebrations on TV and might have a little afternoon tea at home I'm not a fan of the Royal family but do have a soft spot for the queen 70 years on the throne should have some sort of celebration it's not likely to happen again for a very long time. People are going to moan if it's not celebrated and people will moan for it being celebrated can't please everyone. Its nice that Britain has something to celebrate for a change.

Reactions: 5
I’m gutted I won’t be in the UK for Jubilee. I’d have loved to have gone to a street party, bring some cake, have a few drinks etc. If I’d known about it (well, paid attention) earlier I’d have arranged to go and stay there that weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
No interest in the queen or the royal family generally, no one in my area does. It's just an excuse to put on a great party. I thought that was true for most people in the UK? I'm surprised by the seriousness and grumpiness of some of these replies. 😄

Reactions: 7
I'm not doing anything special, but I'm all for a party and celebrating. People need a party after the last couple of years.

Yes, the cost of living crisis is more important. But this government wouldn't spend the money on people struggling instead. They laugh at the poor and struggling. They are suffering of their own making in their opinion.

Let's just have the party and try not to worry about our problems for a weekend. We have to enjoy ourselves when we can.

Reactions: 6
I’m shocked at some of the answers on here - I expected a few ‘don’t cares’, but the majority of you don’t 😢. This is something we will never see again in our lifetime. The Queen has devoted her whole life to serving her country and totally deserves it to be celebrated. Maybe I’m older than most of you and that’s why I feel that way 🤷🏻‍♀️. Each to their own anyway. God Save The Queen 🇬🇧

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Naff all anything 🇬🇧-oriented. The only bunting around here is for the champions league match 🙌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m shocked at some of the answers on here - I expected a few ‘don’t cares’, but the majority of you don’t 😢. This is something we will never see again in our lifetime. The Queen has devoted her whole life to serving her country and totally deserves it to be celebrated. Maybe I’m older than most of you and that’s why I feel that way 🤷🏻‍♀️. Each to their own anyway. God Save The Queen 🇬🇧
I think the monarchy will die with her ,the younger generation have no interest in the royals and the older generation have no interest in Charles .

Reactions: 12
The Queen has devoted her whole life to serving her country and totally deserves it to be celebrated.
I agree with you here.
But, at the same time, there's people in this country that can't afford housing, food, heating, etc.

Spending many.many.millions to celebrate someone worth many many many millions seems a bit... Tactless? In bad taste?

I don't know, just a bit.. off.
She'll be parading about in a carriage of gold whilst kids less than 5 miles away don't know if they'll be eating that night.
Dunno, seems, I dunno... You know..

🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm no royalist but I love an occasion, and this is one we'll never see again. I'll be hanging out with family, eating nice food and watching the thing on the telly.

Yes, everything is tit and the idea of a monarchy is gross at the best of times, but sometimes it's nice to have a day off thinking about it all and just wave a flag.

Reactions: 9
My town have an annual parade /gala /Fair/piss up type thing every year which happens to fall on the jubilee .I’ll go to the town centre for that for a while as I have young kids it will be nice for them to see the celebrations but that’s it .I wouldn’t bother if not .I don’t really have an opinion on the royals other than think Andrew is a cock obv

I'll enjoy it as much as I do any other bank holiday weekend. I haven't heard about anyone in my south London high rise having a corridor party 🤔

Reactions: 1
I’m at my friends wedding on Thursday and Friday my husband is working on the jubilee event in town so think he wants me to come meet him for lunch so I’ll see a bit of it, otherwise I don’t really care.

I agree with you here.
But, at the same time, there's people in this country that can't afford housing, food, heating, etc.

Spending many.many.millions to celebrate someone worth many many many millions seems a bit... Tactless? In bad taste?

I don't know, just a bit.. off.
She'll be parading about in a carriage of gold whilst kids less than 5 miles away don't know if they'll be eating that night.
Dunno, seems, I dunno... You know..

🤔
I do get you - but whatever money is spent on the Jubilee wouldn’t filter down to those in need unfortunately. There are always going to be the ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’ and I’m under no illusion that even if we didn’t have a Royal Family, the money saved would not go to those who needed it most. The government (whoever is in power, not taking sides) would siphon it off somehow, you can be sure of that. I’m sure I’ve read on numerous occasions that the tourism that the Royal Family generates more than offsets the cost of having them.

Reactions: 3
Our street are having a party with lots of entertainment on for the kids. We’re gonna have a family bbq and get the jubilee nice bits from Marks & Spencer 🥰 it’s been a tit 2 years with many celebrations cancelled so any excuse to celebrate can count me in! Not a mad royalist but I remember celebrating the golden jubilee years ago and having street parties so I’d like my kids to have similar fond memories!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I mean this forum is a vert small sample size. There are absolutely loads of people who will be celebrating it. I imagine London will be packed to the rafters, people buying a load of commemorative bits etc. I don't personally care for it that much, but I understand that there are plenty of people who do.

I'll watch some of the coverage on TV but I'm not into attending street parties or things like that. I have a lot of respect for HM, although that has been tainted in recent years thanks to Harry and Meghan and the molly coddling of them but I wouldn't call myself royalist. I'm not republican either. Just...not particularly fussed? I do acknowledge it's a special historical moment, though, which is why I'll watch at least some of it.

Otherwise? I'm spending the majority of the weekend binging Stranger Things 4. Two episodes down, five to go!

Reactions: 2
We are putting some bunting out for jubilee, I watched the Unseen Queen clips on bbc tonight, they were really nice, made her seem like a normal person who happened to become Queen than "The Queen"

I went to a free local event this weekend and will be going to more. Its nice to celebrate and for it to be acceptable to take pride in being British. I'm not excited bc, well, I'm an adult 😄 but it's nice to be part of something that brings people together. I also went to another (different) event that brought people of all descriptions together and I do love that aspect about community events. I'm not particularly a massive royalist but I do support and appreciate them.

Reactions: 4