The queen’s jubilee. What are your thoughts & plans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will be enjoying a drink on Wednesday evening knowing I don’t have work at 8am on Thursday but that’s the extent of it.

Also agree- £1bn spent on the weekend, that’s bloody outrageous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
We can't get a gp appointment as it is nothing to do with the jubilee if you do manage to get one it's still only a phone appointment.
Think it depends massively practice to practice tbh, our GP triages over the phone from your original email request and if deemed necessary, you are seen face to face.
Ive been seen numerous times over and since covid AND had a few procedures done in hospital. . Cant fault them all 🤷‍♀️

Oh yeah, GP appointments can be got over the phone, but the practices will be closed over thurs and fri. 111 is ok, but it's not your GP. I have found 111 hit and miss.

The call handlers just reel off the same questions for everyone, and then they decide if you can speak or see a doctor.

Total waste of money. I remember the silver jubilee and my son who was born in 77 got a silver crown coin, We had street parties and it was great we raised our own street party money. those days though IMO are gone, redundant, We are not the same people anymore we are more worldly

What exactly is the billion being spent on? There is loads going on in my village but all paid for by those attending.

We are always told they bring in more than they cost. That is pure BS. We have a tourist trade that would still be as busy royals or no royals same as France and all the other countries that have good history but no royals.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
We are always told they bring in more than they cost. That is pure BS. We have a tourist trade that would still be as busy royals or no royals same as France and all the other countries that have good history but no royals.
yep! ultimately their current existence doesn’t really mean much to tourists - people like to visit famous palaces and castles, all of which will still exist without a serving royal family. like you say, france doesn’t have a royal family but probably makes an insane amount of revenue from people visiting versailles. just let the national trust take them over and people will still happily go 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I'll be working the weekend so would have had Thursday/Friday off anyway. It will be more annoying that I can't get stuff done those days because everywhere is in Bank Holiday mode. The celebrations or whatever mean nothing to me. I wish the media would stop pretending what the Royals all do is actual work.

Reactions: 8
It clashes with an anniversary date so I think I may try to duck the whole jubilee and visit a small town instead.

Reactions: 1
When was the last street party was it Wills and Kate wedding?
Harry & Meghan I think! Feels like a lifetime ago!! Theirs definitely wasn’t celebrated as much as Will & Kate’s but our street did have a party, any excuse for us 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m it into the royals but we are doing a street party on Saturday. Why? Because it’s going to be a memory for the kids. We have had permission from the council to shut the street down. Having a bouncy castle, face painter and singer.

went to the jubilee concert cos I got tickets free and steps was there 💃

Reactions: 4
Most of the pomp doesn't happen until the weekend doesn't it? That's when the queen will be visible for the parades etc I thought.