The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel as if they've been hinting that she'll die soon for weeks now. I wonder whether she's already died and it will be announced in a few hours. I have to say I'll probably stay off social media, I'm already finding a lot of commentary really disrespectful, unnecessarily aggressive and attention-seeking. Like many, I don't support the monarchy and intensely dislike most of the family, but her passing isn't a death of the institution itself, so why celebrate it? Why do people politicise absolutely everything these days?
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The reporting on BBC one has got quite maudlin. Very distasteful if the situation is not as grave as they are leading us to believe.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
The reporting on BBC one has got quite maudlin. Very distasteful if the situation is not as grave as they are leading us to believe.
If things weren't serious, they wouldn't be arranging RAF private jets for urgent flights to Balmoral.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I find it fascinating how many years newscasters and officials will have been rehearsing this, yet when the time comes they will be shuffling about trying to organise and get it right. Fascinating.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 20
Oh no, I only saw this now (don't regularly check news while working) and while she has been in poor health for a while now, it still somehow surprised me. I hope the media coverage will stay away from the distasteful things they did when Diana died and show respect.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
The reporting on BBC one has got quite maudlin. Very distasteful if the situation is not as grave as they are leading us to believe.
I would think they have been given the go ahead by the Palace when the news about her being in poor health was given?

Announcing poor health is unusual obviously, but it could have just been part of the plan to “prepare” the country
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I feel as if they've been hinting that she'll die soon for weeks now. I wonder whether she's already died and it will be announced in a few hours. I have to say I'll probably stay off social media, I'm already finding a lot of commentary really disrespectful, unnecessarily aggressive and attention-seeking. Like many, I don't support the monarchy and intensely dislike most of the family, but her passing isn't a death of the institution itself, so why celebrate it? Why do people politicise absolutely everything these days?
They’re potentially waiting for all of the family to arrive before announcing anything. Gives those travelling chance to see her/ see each other before the big announcement sends everything into a frenzy
 
  • Like
Reactions: 13
Yes I think this is a real possibility. BBC had a bit of a pause at 2PM which seemed like they were preparing to announce it then

Presumably they’re waiting for Harry and Meghan to get there now?
Someone who I work with has said the same and they are waiting for all the family to arrive before the announcement
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Have they really got a separate jet for Harry and Meghan?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I’m interested to hear whether they will go with “she died with everyone around her”, exclude Harry and Meghan, or just say she died earlier with whoever was with her at the time (I think it’s Charles?)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I think there's a chance she has already passed, but imagine the stress the reporters are likely under. They have gone through protocols for this for years, but probably never imagined that they would truly be on air while it all happened
 
  • Like
Reactions: 18
I’m interested to hear whether they will go with “she died with everyone around her”, exclude Harry and Meghan, or just say she died earlier with whoever was with her at the time (I think it’s Charles?)
Anne would’ve been there I think, I read she’s been there for a week
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I’m interested to hear whether they will go with “she died with everyone around her”, exclude Harry and Meghan, or just say she died earlier with whoever was with her at the time (I think it’s Charles?)
Maybe ‘she died surrounded by family’ and then they won’t have to specify who was there and who wasn’t. Anne and Charles were already in Scotland so would hopefully have been with her
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.