The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope they don't close the school tomorrow. Seflish mum talking here.

Reactions: 5

Might not mean a lot. I’d guess a lot of official planning now would be “do this just in case”?

• Wow
I understand that there is protocol, and it appears that “Operation London Bridge” has been initiated - something I’ve read about today. I wonder why the news need to have an all day event of the news, I appreciate the respect aspect of it but we’re all speculating now when she has passed. There’s going to be a lot of media coverage when she passes anyway, so I have never understood the need for it to be all day? Especially as the news reporters are essentially talking about her “getting well soon.” Is there something I don’t quite understand or have missed?

Reactions: 7
I read that it wouldnt be an offical bank holiday but up to work places if they give it as a day off or not.
I bet schools close
It will be a day of mourning. I think companies will allow people to decide whether they want to grieve or head into work.
I’m not sure about schools, it would be disrespectful imo for them to be open. Children will be asking many questions and it would be upsetting for some.
Regardless of what happens, my thoughts are with HM🌟

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I understand that there is protocol, and it appears that “Operation Tower Bridge” has been initiated - something I’ve read about today. I wonder why the news need to have an all day event of the news, I appreciate the respect aspect of it but we’re all speculating now when she has passed. There’s going to be a lot of media coverage when she passes anyway, so I have never understood the need for it to be all day? Especially as the news reporters are essentially talking about her “getting well soon.” Is there something I don’t quite understand or have missed?
It's London Bridge

• Heart
It will be a day of mourning. I think companies will allow people to decide whether they want to grieve or head into work.
I’m not sure about schools, it would be disrespectful imo for them to be open. Children will be asking many questions and it would be upsetting for some.
Who would decide to go in 😄

Reactions: 1
I think if there is going to be an announcement, they won’t do it until Harry has arrived. Where the feck is he

Reactions: 11
The reporter on BBC at Windsor castle (Helena Wilkinson) was wearing a beige mackintosh coat an hour or so ago with what looked like a blue and white striped shirt underneath. She has just come back on wearing a black coat and also a black top underneath.

Reactions: 18
The reporter on BBC at Windsor castle (Helena Wilkinson) was wearing a beige mackintosh coat an hour or so ago with what looked like a blue and white striped shirt underneath. She has just come back on wearing a black coat and also a black top underneath.
you’re right, I didn’t notice until you said but just rewound and I remember the beige coat she was wearing not long before

Reactions: 4
Schools won’t close at such short notice. They’d be hung out to dry by working parents.

If they announce a Bank Hol for the funeral then yes, it’s a possibility, but aside from that nope.

Only my opinion as someone in school leadership myself. Might not age well!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.