The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What happens if they don’t announce it tonight, will they continue to just talk about it all night/day tomorrow until it’s announced?

Reactions: 6
Huw looks very tearful… I think she has passed.
His eyes are very red. He seems very somber and sad. I think they are just waiting for the news to be broken to the world.

Reactions: 4
What happens if they don’t announce it tonight, will they continue to just talk about it all night/day tomorrow until it’s announced?
Surely they will have to announce soon as they re running out of things to talk about. Just seeing the same images over and over. I assume they already have memorial programmes ready to go and have done for years.

Reactions: 14
I’m not a royalist in any way but I’m surprised at how upset I am about this all. It’s quite literally the end of an era, whether it’s today, or tomorrow or another day

• Heart
Reactions: 36
As it’s now passed 6pm, she hasn’t passed away yet. If she passes during the night there will be an announcement at 8am tomorrow

Protocol says they won't announce between 9pm and 8am so if it's not happened by 9, it'll be 8am at the earliest.

They are just filling the gaps aren’t they on the BBC, must be difficult

Reactions: 9
I’ve been following this all day, as most of us.
I understand that she is either dead already or are in her last hours but oh my god, I’m absolutely dreading that official statement. I don’t know why.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Prince Philip passed on the 9th of April and tomorrows the 9th…idk why I find that stuff so crazy!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I don’t think people need to keep saying they are not a royalist etc. It’s obviously a huge event so naturally you are going to watch it either way.

Reactions: 19
The one positive of her death being announced tomorrow is that the funeral would land on a Monday and we might get some time off

Reactions: 4
Says on the radio 2 website the last 4 songs played were:

Never Ever - All Saints
The Riddle - Nik Kershaw
Wonderwall - Oasis
No matter what - Boyzone

:(

Doesn't bode well
Pretty sure when she goes there won’t be lyrics in the songs being broadcast

Reactions: 2
The one positive of her death being announced tomorrow is that the funeral would land on a Monday and we might get some time off
I read that it wouldnt be an offical bank holiday but up to work places if they give it as a day off or not.
I bet schools close

His eyes are very red. He seems very somber and sad. I think they are just waiting for the news to be broken to the world.
I'm not sure about it. I don't really particular care that much, but even my voice trembled when I had to tell DH the news over the phone. It's a big moment.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.