The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Says on the radio 2 website the last 4 songs played were:

Never Ever - All Saints
The Riddle - Nik Kershaw
Wonderwall - Oasis
No matter what - Boyzone

:(

Doesn't bode well
It’s like music on the radio that plays through the night when there’s nobody really listening! Very calming, quiet and well known, comforting music! Even Sara Cox is very quiet and not herself

Reactions: 5
I understand that there is protocol, and it appears that “Operation Tower Bridge” has been initiated - something I’ve read about today. I wonder why the news need to have an all day event of the news, I appreciate the respect aspect of it but we’re all speculating now when she has passed. There’s going to be a lot of media coverage when she passes anyway, so I have never understood the need for it to be all day? Especially as the news reporters are essentially talking about her “getting well soon.” Is there something I don’t quite understand or have missed?
I believe it’s part of the plan to prepare the public, since just announcing it (or having it leak …) would be a pretty big shock, globally, and a massive breach of protocol. To be fair, it’s pretty impossible to hide that *something* is happening/has happened. There are so many layers of people who need to be told and various things that need to be activated across Government and those parts of the Civil Service tasked with managing what will be a national period of mourning. Tbh I’m pretty impressed with how it’s being managed.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You make it sound like a snow day… it is the Queen. Our longest reigning monarch.
Oh is that who she is? Thanks for explaining the obvious. Jeez. I don't make it sound like a snow day, I have the utmost respect for the Queen but I do not envisage schools suddenly closing on an announcement and leaving workers in total disarray with sudden childcare issues.

Reactions: 8
Do we think Harry is on this private jet?
Quite possibly. Hopefully he gets a helicopter to Balmoral as it's another long wait to get to see her (should she still be alive) on his account, being so much later than everyone else

Reactions: 4
How do all these presenters keep going? Literally just waiting. I bet they have all got their scrips written for when the news is announced.

Reactions: 9
He won’t be there for 7PM then?

Damn, it might be tomorrow then. I really doubt it would be at 10PM
Someone said the latest it can be is 9pm so say Harry gets there for half 7? Maybe a half 8 announcement? Or as late as possible.

Reactions: 2
A woman is dying and all people think about is time off?
I don’t think it’s ALL people are thinking of, but in regard to any tangible impact on people’s lives that’s the only thing really? People naturally focus on how an event might impact on their own life 🤷‍♀️

What I love about Tattle is there is a generally a better appreciation of nuance than in a lot of other places.

One can be anti-monarchy, but still offer our respect to an elderly lady who is dying.

One can empathise with a family in mourning, but still want to know whether one might get a day off from a very bleeping taxing job (🤣).

I hope you don‘t mistake my tone; I’m not looking for a fight 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I believe it’s part of the plan to prepare the public, since just announcing it (or having it leak …) would be a pretty big shock, globally, and a massive breach of protocol. To be fair, it’s pretty impossible to hide that *something* is happening/has happened. There are so many layers of people who need to be told and various things that need to be activated across Government and those parts of the Civil Service tasked with managing what will be a national period of mourning. Tbh I’m pretty impressed with how it’s being managed.
Interesting! I never really thought about it being a shock with it just coming out of nowhere. I suppose the bit that has thrown me the most is that it seems like these code words to initial protocols and what they entail seem quite public, while the news reporters most likely don’t know for certain themselves yet, but someone must have alerted them to change into black in preparation? It must be hard having to keep talking about her getting well, while wearing traditional mourning clothes.

It’s quite a military style operation, I didn’t know much about it until today and how most of the royals have/know the code words in certain events!

Reactions: 4
All the insiders with info that an announcement at 6pm were wrong, I'm shooketh!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You make it sound like a snow day… it is the Queen. Our longest reigning monarch.
It’s hard to close schools though if parents aren’t officially getting the day off - how do you arrange emergency child care for the entire country

The speech now seems like possible preparation for a statement??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.