The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing is it's going to be weird hearing people sing "God save our gracious King"...

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Who will take the throne next after everyone has mourned and she's been put to rest? Surely it won't be Charles....
I prefer William to Charles, I bet a lot of people do, but first-born has taken the throne since the very beginning and I don't see why it should change now.

Reactions: 8
I meant more that wouldn't it make more sense for soneone younger to take the throne, as William is in line after him.

I am aware he is her heir and that is the way it is most likely to work.
That was spoken about in the media a long time ago but Charles wants to take the seat according to royal insiders.

Reactions: 3
Huw just cut off the reporter in Downing Street with "sorry to interrupt you but we have dreadful..." thought it was going to be it but it was microphone issues!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Huw Edwards just made my tummy flip when he said we have to stop you as there is a dreadful problem.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
What a poor choice of words on the BBC, my stomach just sank. ‘We’ve got a dreadful problem… on the mic’

Reactions: 15
BBC dropped something in about not expecting an announcement mid discussion

Surely notttt

Apparently people on the roof of Buckingham Palace near the flag pole? BBC showed it but I’m blind
I saw this too. It’s lashing down in London so why would they be on the roof In suits by the flag.

Reactions: 2
Huw just cut off the reporter in Downing Street with "sorry to interrupt you but we have dreadful..." thought it was going to be it but it was microphone issues!
Same, didn't think it would bother me like that!

Reactions: 5
The songs on radio 2 are very similar to those that played when Philip had died...very slow and calming ...

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I prefer William to Charles, I bet a lot of people do, but first-born has taken the throne since the very beginning and I don't see why it should change now.
Yougov poll says Prince Charles is 7th most popular member. Kate is 2nd, William 3rd. No surprises there.

I literally jumped up when he said that!

Reactions: 9
Yes I'd prefer it to be Charles too! But obviously yes as you say things won't just change now.

Reactions: 1
Catching bits of the ITV livestream and the presenter - I’ve completely forgotten her name - is barely keeping it together.

Reactions: 2
Why are you on this thread if you hate the queen? Fair enough is she was alive but this woman is either gravely ill or dead.
Yeah why are people so snarky?

Sorry you're clearly bitter with how your own life ended up but the queen isn't responsible for the famine/war/poverty in the world.

She was put on a stage at birth and ordered to be a good ambassador for her kingdom. And she has done - every single day. Smiling through countless headaches, chatting cordially with utterly tedious politicians, traveling to and from events and dinners when she just wanted to rest.

I get it- she lived in 'luxury' (like anyone would want to swap with her position) as others struggled to pay the bills. Sorry you seem to blame her for this, but maybe realize the queen isn't to blame?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.